quotes...sayings....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahah.... yeah... he certainly has his own way about him... but at least you know that he is determined to root out evil!
hehehehe

Awww, I know it's gross but I just couldn't help myself with that one.

Ok, just a couple more bushisms cause I'm buzzed and he makes me laugh...

bush_smart.jpg

"I heard somebody say, 'Where's (Nelson) Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead. Because Saddam killed all the Mandelas." --George W. Bush, on the former South African president, who is still very much alive, Washington, D.C., Sept. 20, 2007

"This process has been drug out a long time, which says to me it's political." --George W. Bush, discussing the controversy surrounding Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez, Sofia, Bulgaria, June 11, 2007

"Bush goes to Hel. That's what a lot of people want." --George W. Bush, on his visit to the Hel Peninsula, Gdansk, Poland, Jun. 8, 2007

"Information is moving -- you know, nightly news is one way, of course, but it's also moving through the blogosphere and through the Internets." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 2, 2007

(hehehehe blogosphere! :p)

"Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better." —George W. Bush, in a press conference with Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien. Sept. 24, 2001

(hahahah... what border?)

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C. Sept. 19, 2001

"Arbolist … Look up the word. I don't know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it's an arbo-tree-ist, somebody who knows about trees." —George W. Bush, as quoted in USA Today, Aug. 21, 2001

"One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-busting devices. A vampire is a — a cell deal you can plug in the wall to charge your cell phone." —George W. Bush, Denver, Aug. 14, 2001

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it." —George W. Bush, July 27, 2001

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe — I believe what I believe is right." —George W. Bush, in Rome, July 22, 2001

"It is white." —George W. Bush, asked by a child in Britain what the White House was like, July 19, 2001

"It's amazing I won. I was running against peace, prosperity, and incumbency." —George W. Bush, June 14, 2001, speaking to Swedish Prime Minister Goran Perrson, unaware that a live television camera was still rolling.

"I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and Hispanically." —George W. Bush, speaking at the Radio & Television Correspondents dinner, March 29, 2001

Ah... anyway, I'll leave it at that... oh and don't think I'm attacking America blindly or anything by these quotes... Bush just says some of the funniest things I have ever heard come out of the mouth of a politician... or anyone in the public eye for that matter... I have family in New York, New Jersey, Florida and Arizona... they can't help but roll their eyes if I mention a Bush quote :p

Lost in the Oilfield said:
"Iraq is a very important part of securing the homeland, and it's a very important part of helping change the Middle East into a part of the world that will not serve as a threat to the civilized world, to people like -- or to the developed world, to people like -- in the United States." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2007

"The solution to Iraq -- an Iraq that can govern itself, sustain itself and defend itself -- is more than a military mission. Precisely the reason why I sent more troops into Baghdad." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2007

bush_goofy_small.jpg

"I'm a strong proponent of the restoration of the wetlands, for a lot of reasons. There's a practical reason, though, when it comes to hurricanes: The stronger the wetlands, the more likely the damage of the hurricane." --George W. Bush, New Orleans, March 1, 2007

"The best way to defeat the totalitarian of hate is with an ideology of hope -- an ideology of hate -- excuse me --with an ideology of hope." --George W. Bush, Fort Benning, Ga., Jan. 11, 2007

bush_monkey_small.jpg

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." --George W. Bush, Jan. 3, 2000

"If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow." --George W. Bush, Jan. 2000

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" --George W. Bush, Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mential losses." --George W. Bush, speaking at a South Carolina oyster roast, Jan. 14, 2000

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." --George W. Bush, Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

bushclueless.jpg

"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It's what you do when you run for president. You gotta preserve." --George W. Bush, speaking during "Perseverance Month" at Fairgrounds Elementary School in Nashua, New Hampshire, Jan. 28, 2000

"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case." --George W. Bush, Pella, Iowa, as quoted by the San Antonio Express-News, Jan. 30, 2000

Lol... well I won't flood more Bushisms in here... here is a great link... you can actually listen to Bush say his funny speeches himself. XD

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushism-hanukkah.htm

bush_doi_small.jpg
bush_dolt.jpg
bush_nosepick.gif

"I'm the master of low expectations." —George W. Bush, aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003
lol...he's defenately on medication

thanks!

it was also funny when he used to forget where the exit door was after his speeches..lol mental case

Lost in the Oilfield said:
... but at least you know that he is determined to root out evil!
hehehehe
I thinks hes actually a root of evel itself...lol

"I heard somebody say, 'Where's (Nelson) Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead. Because Saddam killed all the Mandelas." --George W. Bush, on the former South African president, who is still very much alive, Washington, D.C., Sept. 20, 2007

blogosphere and through the Internets." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 2, 2007

(hehehehe blogosphere! :p)

"Border relations between Canada and Mexico

(hahahah... what border?)

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe — I believe what I believe is right."

"Arbolist … Look up the word. I don't know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it's an arbo-tree-ist, somebody who knows about trees."
SHmart...

"One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-busting devices.
WTF....is he talking about some FBI devises....lol

"It's amazing I won. I was running against peace, prosperity, and incumbency." —George W. Bush, June 14, 2001, speaking to Swedish Prime Minister Goran Perrson, unaware that a live television camera was still rolling.
OMG

thanks. I had fun

“Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide.”

Napoleon Bonaparte

"Oh yeah. Miles to go. Little Miss Muffet counting down from 7-3-0." -Faith

OMFG I am the biggest nerd for quoting that... but it's the best tv show ever. Buffy!!!

What the poet saw:

Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die,
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

[...]

When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the world wonder'd.
Honour the charge they made!
Honour the Light Brigade,
Noble six hundred!

--Alfred, Lord Tennyson, The Charge Of The Light Brigade, honouring the suicidal charge of British light cavalry against well-entrenched Russian artillery in the Battle of Balaclava during the Crimean War.

What the soldier observed:

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. (It is magnificent, but it is not war.)

--French Marshal Pierre Bosquet, witnessing the the suicidal charge of British light cavalry against well-entrenched Russian artillery in the Battle of Balaclava during the Crimean War.

nice.

“Throw off your worries when you throw off your clothes at night.”

Napoleon Bonaparte

The smell of an enemy’s corpse always smells sweet

I think napolean said that

I love the smell of napalm in the morning

The worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades hehe

oh my gosh it's 4:45 in the morning why haven't I gone to sleep yet?

Attachments

• quotes-6.png
    quotes-6.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 2
Never be ashamed by one's own obsessions unless it is a symption of a severe mental illness

My favorite lyrics in the whole world

Whisper- by of course EVANESCENCE!!! okay stop me if it's too much I <3 Amy Lee

fallen angels at my feet
whispered voices at my ear
death before my eyes
lying next to me i fear
she beckons me shall i give in
upon my end shall i begin
forsaking all i've fallen for i rise to meet the end

Arianna said:
Some of my favorites..

# Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

# I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

# Chocolate. Coffee. Men.
Some things are just better rich

Somethings are just so true!

LOL last one is funny :cool:

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.
Jawaharal Nehru

Dost thou love life?
Then do not squander time,
for that is the stuff life is made of.
Benjamin Franklin

The geat blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Seneca
(7 B.C. - 65 A.A.)

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.

There are no classes in life for beginners: right away you are always asked to deal with what is most difficult.
Rainer Maria Rilke

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
Chinese Proverb

The worst thing you can try to do is cling to something that is gone, or to recreate it.
Johnette Napolitano

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.
Richard Cech

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Albert Einstein

We don't live in a world of reality,
we live in a world of perceptions.
Gerald J. Simmons

The first and greatest commandment is,
Don't let them scare you.
Elmer Davis

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thomas Jefferson

Keep steadily before you the fact that all true success depends at last upon yourself.
Theodore T. Hunger

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
Robert Collier

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.
Christopher Morley

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.
Vince Lombardi

I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure--which is:
Try to please everybody.
Herbert Bayard Swope

Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration and inspiration.
Evan Esar

To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first.
Shakespeare

The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
Chinese Proverb

thanks

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Managers are people who do things right, while leaders are people who do the right thing. - Warren Bennis, Ph.D. "On Becoming a Leader"

The best example of leadership, is leadership by example.
- Jerry McClain of Seattle, WA

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
- Katharine Hepburn
lol

Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with the important matters.
- Albert Einstein

Don't be afraid to take a big step when one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small steps.
- David Loyd George

When what you are doing isn't working, you tend to do more of the same and with greater intensity.
- Dr. Bill Maynard & Tom Champoux Heart, Soul and Spirit

Every organization must be prepared to abandon everything it does to survive in the future.
- Peter Drucker

A friend of mine characterizes leaders simply like this: "Leaders don't inflict pain. They bear pain."
- Max DePree

When the effective leader is finished with his work, the people say it happened naturally.
- Lao Tse

Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.
- Sandra Carey

Drowning in data, yet starved of information
- Ruth Stanat in The Intelligent Organization

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
- Mother Theresa

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
- Albert Einstein

The trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.
- Erica Jong

No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself, or to get all the credit for doing it.
- Andrew Carnegie

Processes don't do work, people do.
- John Seely Brown

The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves.
- Ray Kroc, Founder of McDonald's

Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it you can make it so.
- Belva Davis

In matters of style, swim with the current;
In matters of principle, stand like a rock.
- T. Jefferson

When nothing is sure, everything is possible.
- Margaret Drabble

Not everything that is faced can be changed.
But nothing can be changed until it is faced.
- James Baldwin

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end, may also be only the beginning.
- Ivy Baker Priest

In this world a man must either be an anvil or hammer.
Henry W. Longfellow

No man is good enough to govern another man without that other's consent.
Abraham Lincoln

What you cannot enforce /
Do not command.
Sophocles

A good general not only sees the way to victory; he also knows when victory is impossible.
Polybius

One cannot manage too many affairs: like pumpkins in the water, one pops up while you try to hold down the other.
Chinese Proverb

You will never "find" time for anything. If you want time, you must make it.
Charles Bruxton

I recommend you take care of the minutes and the hours will take care of themselves.
Earl of Chesterfield

Time, which changes people, does not alter the image we have of them.
Marcel Proust

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
Lanston Hughes

You cannot dream yourself into a character: you must hammer and forge yourself into one.
Henry D. Thoreau

The question for each man to settle is not what he would do if he had means, time, influence and educational advantages; the question is what he will do with the things he has. The moment a young man ceases to dream or to bemoan his lack of opportunities and resolutely looks his conditions in the face, and resolves to change them, he lays the corner-stone of a solid and honorable success.
Hamilton Wright Mabie

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
Paul Valery

Hope is the dream of the waking man.
French Proverb

Your imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions.
Albert Einstein

Believe that you have it, and you have it.
Latin Proverb

It is good to rub and polish our brains against that of others.
Michel de Montaigne

We think too small. Like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view.
Mao Tse-Tung

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
Walter Lipman

All truly wise thoughts have been thought already, thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take firm root in our personal experience.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The less men think, the more they talk.
Baron Montesquieu

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probably reason why so few people engage in it.
Henry Ford
LOL

e.m.e. said:
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
- Katharine Hepburn

Ha. I happen to be a huge fan of Kate Hepburn. She has some great quotes. Another favorite is:

Being a housewife and a mother is the biggest job in the world, but if it doesn't interest you, don't do it - I would have made a terrible mother. -Katharine Hepburn.

Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for.
Socrates

Every man has in himself a continent of undiscovered character. Happy is he who acts as the Columbus to his own soul.
Sir J. Stephen

The fact is, that to do anything in the world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in and scramble through as well as we can.
Robert Cushing

Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.
Doug Firebaugh

God ever works with those who work with will.
Aeschylus

What progress, you ask, have I made? I have begun to be a friend to myself.
Hecato, Greek philosopher

Failure teaches success.
Japanese Saying

I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun.

Enemies are so stimulating.
~Katharine Hepburn

Latest posts

Back