Random Thought Experiment.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188644

Reaction score
If you could have the memory or an event or string of events extracted from your head and stored. Then you could watch the memory of the event from another persons perspective with you AI replaced so you don't see yourself. You then later have to find out you were involved and who you were.

Do you have any events you would like to do that for? Share or don't share up to you. Second would you want the memory from your perspective back?

I have no idea if this is actually interesting to think about.

I really would love to have the memory of when I crashed on my dirt bike. It was a hell of a ride on a mountain peak trail. I hit an unexpected jump at about 55mph and launched a long ways right into a huge barrel cactus. Then I went tumbling through a cactus patch for about 60 yards. When I came to I had thorns everywhere.

BUT, I never have been able to remember what happened right after I hit the jump to the point of walking up in the cactus patch with broken bones, ripped muscles, and a Fd up shoulder. I think I've earn the right to those 30 seconds or so of memories. But, I just can't recall them. It would be awesome to watch on a TV or something. Ha! ha!

There's about 4 years I wish could be extracted...and destroyed so they would quit ******* with me. Not sure if that's the intent of the thread.

If you could have the memory or an event or string of events extracted from your head and stored. Then you could watch the memory of the event from another persons perspective with you AI replaced so you don't see yourself. You then later have to find out you were involved and who you were.

Do you have any events you would like to do that for? Share or don't share up to you. Second would you want the memory from your perspective back?

I have no idea if this is actually interesting to think about.
There's a 'what are you thinking about' thread on here that got over 5 million views.. somehow.. I don't think 'interesting' is a high bar around here..

My first thought was like Adamridge79 said; deleting a large chunk of my childhood in order to make security in social situations easier. However, despite wanting to have been able to do that for most of my life, with all I know now; I don't feel it would be so productive. Besides, I'd have to delete too much of my life at this point to feel like I'm worth a ****.

Deleting your childhood could be a good example of this. Say you did and then you watched your childhood through the eyes of people who were around you without knowing who you were watching, maybe you'd feel differently about it.

I was once drunk and shooting baskets at a local playground. I passed out, and when I came to my liquor and basketball were gone. I'd like to know what happened there. Is that what you are asking?

Latest posts

Back