RANT - Cyber Bullying....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CenotaphGirl

Under the dirt, that’s my home ⚰️
Reaction score
My take on life is this, the one instance where everyone has a real option to not bully someone is online. You can easily click off, you can easily block, ignore, and never have to read anything from that person. In our real life we are not afforded such luxury... Although this is the case, cyber bullying is the most common form.

I think it's so wrong that people come on this platform from being isolated, feeling alone, and have to still feel that way. I'm not pointing fingers, i'm not playing a blame game, if the shoe fits, wear it and stop. Allow people one space to belong. I'm sorry I honestly love this forum, and I want others to love it too. I'm not saying don't speak your mind, don't disagree. I'm saying do not be a tyrant, do not chase others away to make yourself feel better. There's a better way. There's space for everyone.

There are even some people on here who despise me, because i'm super outspoken, which is never a good trait for a woman...I joke I joke... don't cry...

Just my 2 pennies, also if no one posts, if theres no topics to converse about, it would be very boring lol
You may not wish to talk about every topic, so don't? There's no harm in staying out of things you take no interest in.

End rant.

As someone who has been told by several people that I'm a bully and a troll and a cold hearted ***** only here to get my jollies, and countless other things, I have to say that it's not always so black and white.
Yes, I'm outspoken. Yes, I say A LOT of honeysuckle that people don't want to hear. Yes, some people here don't like me in any way, shape or form, but I mean no disrespect by what I say. I 100% believe that people need to hear things from several points of view and not just from yes men. They need to hear the opinions they may not want to hear because just agreeing with people on a forum like this can be just as damaging as bullying because it reinforces bad habits and enables negative thinking.

(This obviously applies to me now, and NOT when I was here the first time for the long time members who want to throw that honeysuckle in my face)

As someone who has been told by several people that I'm a bully and a troll and a cold hearted ***** only here to get my jollies, and countless other things, I have to say that it's not always so black and white.
Yes, I'm outspoken. Yes, I say A LOT of honeysuckle that people don't want to hear. Yes, some people here don't like me in any way, shape or form, but I mean no disrespect by what I say. I 100% believe that people need to hear things from several points of view and not just from yes men. They need to hear the opinions they may not want to hear because just agreeing with people on a forum like this can be just as damaging as bullying because it reinforces bad habits and enables negative thinking.

(This obviously applies to me now, and NOT when I was here the first time for the long time members who want to throw that honeysuckle in my face)
I agree Callie, honestly I don't think a difference of opinion is bullying at all, others seem to, and some simply wanna silence others with a difference of opinion, I think thats the same as bullying... taking someones voice away.

And why do I feel like I've stumbled on to some gossip, "NOT when I was here the first time"... this made me chuckle. 😅

And why do I feel like I've stumbled on to some gossip, "NOT when I was here the first time"... this made me chuckle. 😅

Let's just say the first time I was here, I was a very angry person. lol

I've also been told that it's my fault the forum is dead. I apparently chased everyone away with my cold hearted bullying. :)

Let's just say the first time I was here, I was a very angry person. lol

I've also been told that it's my fault the forum is dead. I apparently chased everyone away with my cold hearted bullying. :)

Yikes I'm deffo getting older, this gossip is life fuel for me lol, sorry you was in such a place when you first joined.

Wow all your fault...you have all that power!?!? You must share some with me lol I'm sure thats 100% false...

Yikes I'm deffo getting older, this gossip is life fuel for me lol, sorry you was in such a place when you first joined.

Wow all your fault...you have all that power!?!? You must share some with me lol I'm sure thats 100% false...

Ska and I got into it SEVERAL times way back then. lol

But yeah, I'm all powerful, I control the interworkings of the interwebs and have control over all people. It's a burden I must bear. :p

Perhaps the most interesting complexity there is, lies within human perceptions.
The external and the internal experiences conflict, and therein so does every other experience accordingly.
A lack of inflection and tone through text also does not help at all, which is part of why emojis were originally used in the first place via ASCII, although even before they got to their current evolution they were quickly misconstrued purely due to the factor of the human emotional spectrum, i.e. sarcastic humor versus sarcastic snarky, demeaning matter, which again, is lost in inflection through text.

The result is this amalgamation of miscommunication (just as we have verbally).
So what's a casual conversation over coffee in the morning to one individual via their own life experiences is incredibly offensive and misconstrued via another individual on the other end of the proverbial telephone.

I used to have this conflict with one of my best friends wives, of which I was ironically also the Best Man at their wedding.
But they would, often, put me in the middle of their conflicts. And I don't handle emotionally-charged conflicts well which is part of why I practice non-attachment, because by nature I'm more of a "kill 'em all and let god sort 'em out" kind of a guy.
So eventually I just stepped out, because they're going to conflict with or without me, and it's a waste of my time, efforts, and energy to be where I don't belong and I get nothing out of it at all.
I have a "call me in 10 years" approach through non-attachment. which works a lot better for my energy input/output ratios.
I mean, after all, I'm not really living my life for others, nobody else on this planet is either, I'm just one of the few people that can comfortably say it because it isn't taboo to me. Human nature shouldn't be a taboo, it's what makes us definitively human in the first place.

The TL;DR is:
The internet is mostly what most people do in their off-hand or in their downtime.
So don't take too much of anything on it too personally.
Especially when a lot of social media is designed to bring out the worst in people.

Perhaps the most interesting complexity there is, lies within human perceptions.
The external and the internal experiences conflict, and therein so does every other experience accordingly.
A lack of inflection and tone through text also does not help at all, which is part of why emojis were originally used in the first place via ASCII, although even before they got to their current evolution they were quickly misconstrued purely due to the factor of the human emotional spectrum, i.e. sarcastic humor versus sarcastic snarky, demeaning matter, which again, is lost in inflection through text.

The result is this amalgamation of miscommunication (just as we have verbally).
So what's a casual conversation over coffee in the morning to one individual via their own life experiences is incredibly offensive and misconstrued via another individual on the other end of the proverbial telephone.

I used to have this conflict with one of my best friends wives, of which I was ironically also the Best Man at their wedding.
But they would, often, put me in the middle of their conflicts. And I don't handle emotionally-charged conflicts well which is part of why I practice non-attachment, because by nature I'm more of a "kill 'em all and let god sort 'em out" kind of a guy.
So eventually I just stepped out, because they're going to conflict with or without me, and it's a waste of my time, efforts, and energy to be where I don't belong and I get nothing out of it at all.
I have a "call me in 10 years" approach through non-attachment. which works a lot better for my energy input/output ratios.
I mean, after all, I'm not really living my life for others, nobody else on this planet is either, I'm just one of the few people that can comfortably say it because it isn't taboo to me. Human nature shouldn't be a taboo, it's what makes us definitively human in the first place.

The TL;DR is:
The internet is mostly what most people do in their off-hand or in their downtime.
So don't take too much of anything on it too personally.
Especially when a lot of social media is designed to bring out the worst in people.
Yeah I mean I just cant stand online bullying, not misunderstanding, disagreements, but straight up bullying, making others feel unwelcome. I just think it's unfair... and kills all the bloody convos lol

Yeah I mean I just cant stand online bullying, not misunderstanding, disagreements, but straight up bullying, making others feel unwelcome. I just think it's unfair... and kills all the bloody convos lol
When it's blatant, yeah it totally does, I agree.

My take on life is this, the one instance where everyone has a real option to not bully someone is online. You can easily click off, you can easily block, ignore, and never have to read anything from that person. In our real life we are not afforded such luxury... Although this is the case, cyber bullying is the most common form.

I think it's so wrong that people come on this platform from being isolated, feeling alone, and have to still feel that way. I'm not pointing fingers, i'm not playing a blame game, if the shoe fits, wear it and stop. Allow people one space to belong. I'm sorry I honestly love this forum, and I want others to love it too. I'm not saying don't speak your mind, don't disagree. I'm saying do not be a tyrant, do not chase others away to make yourself feel better. There's a better way. There's space for everyone.

There are even some people on here who despise me, because i'm super outspoken, which is never a good trait for a woman...I joke I joke... don't cry...

Just my 2 pennies, also if no one posts, if theres no topics to converse about, it would be very boring lol
You may not wish to talk about every topic, so don't? There's no harm in staying out of things you take no interest in.

End rant.
Physician heal thyself

My take on life is this, the one instance where everyone has a real option to not bully someone is online. You can easily click off, you can easily block, ignore, and never have to read anything from that person.
I think it's so wrong that people come on this platform from being isolated, feeling alone, and have to still feel that way.
Allow people one space to belong. I'm sorry I honestly love this forum, and I want others to love it too. I'm not saying don't speak your mind, don't disagree. I'm saying do not be a tyrant, do not chase others away to make yourself feel better. There's a better way. There's space for everyone.

^Just wanted to say I totally agree with all of these points.

^Just wanted to say I totally agree with all of these points.
Whoop glad I made any sense at all lmao I just think sure people can disagree, speak their mind, but maybe they should try to not shut down good convos because they dont like the topic or make others feel unwelcome because of one silly post... I dont understand the point. 😇

Latest posts

Back