Rate the last book you read

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
Rate your last book that read from 1-10, was it good and would you recommend it to anyone?

Oi oi wee Sunflower, where the bloody hell have you been.... Prison? ;) Welcome back 🌻 💥 :)

The last book I read was Illuminations by Alan Moore. It's a collection of short stories, none very short, one long enough to be its own novel, by, imo, the best and most influential comic book writer ever.

From ghosts and otherworldly creatures to theoretical Boltzmann brains fashioning the universe at the big bang, Illuminations is exactly that a series of bright, startling tales from a contemporary legend that reveal the full power of imagination and magic.

It's flipping marvellous, I'd highly recommend it to anyone, Brits in particular. 9 out of 10, well played Mr. Moore.

I’ll come back to this, but fyi, I’ve been keeping a record of my reading for over 20 years!

Off the top of my head though, Michael Moorcock’s “Dancers at the end of time” was brilliant. 10/10 from me.
Oh serendipity man! Dancers was my favourite book in my early teens, I absolutely loved it, then life happened and I forgot all about it until someone on here mentioned it a few weeks ago. It's still a bloody fantastic read.

Oi oi wee Sunflower, where the bloody hell have you been.... Prison? ;) Welcome back 🌻 💥 :)

The last book I read was Illuminations by Alan Moore. It's a collection of short stories, none very short, one long enough to be its own novel, by, imo, the best and most influential comic book writer ever.

From ghosts and otherworldly creatures to theoretical Boltzmann brains fashioning the universe at the big bang, Illuminations is exactly that a series of bright, startling tales from a contemporary legend that reveal the full power of imagination and magic.

It's flipping marvellous, I'd highly recommend it to anyone, Brits in particular. 9 out of 10, well played Mr. Moore.
Hi random guy,thanks so much 😉🙂

Mike Omer Zoe Bentley series. 7-8/10. Yeap, it was quite interesting for me, I definitely would recommend it for those, who like crime/setective stories.
I have a "crime-time" now. Sometimes it happens to me and for a month or a few I read only dystopia/pop-science/sci-fi/detectives/etc. So among others I've been reading in this "crime-time" (4-5 for now I guess), Omer is the best.

An interesting concept with potential, but a bit predictable and some things in the book should've been better researched by the author because they didn't quite ring true when mentioned. Much of the scenarios seemed cliché to me. Give it a 6/10. For $2 it was okay.

9780748118281.jpg

Latest posts

Back