Rate your Happiness 1-10

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Undefined. I don't know hoe to measure it, I know I feel joy sometimes but can I call hapiness?

I'll have to revise my number after all this time.
Oups, **** subconscious interference lol.
If I had to put a number, I'd have to put it somewhere around 6 or 7. Things could be worse, but they're a lot better, by a mile, than they have been.

"Happiness"? Interesting... As i've oftentimes asked the definition of the word "Happy". Nice to know that so many are "Happy" all the time!

I settle for "Content" with brilliant slivers of light in my life of "Happy".
No rating here... but thanks for asking. :)

Until I get into a good career, get good at something to be interesting, and get into a relationship, it's a solid and unchanging 1.

All I want to do is get out of this sh*t, it's pretty much all I care about.

I'm just afraid it's impossible for me because I'm afraid I just wasn't lucky enough to be born good enough.
I don’t really know how to rate happiness, but if it comes down to how often I experience moments of happiness, like a scale of never being 0 to always being 10, then I’d say I’d be a 1 or 2. As a child I assumed life was generally happy with only moments of unhappiness, but I discovered in my early adulthood that it was the complete opposite. I feel like that moments of happiness that I do experience these days is merely a momentary distraction from the real life. And that saddens me.
Those two posters, namely, Skafish and Oki worry me, because according to emotion evaluation, that constant number they have--indicates suicidal ideation. It's a wonder they are still alive. So maybe they actually meant 4 or 5 because they are still alive.

Those two posters, namely, Skafish and Oki worry me, because according to emotion evaluation, that constant number they have--indicates suicidal ideation. It's a wonder they are still alive. So maybe they actually meant 4 or 5 because they are still alive.
Yes it’s a wonder I am. I’ve been on the verge of death a few times. Even a few days ago I was lining up a tree while driving. And no, I don’t mean 4 or 5. I struggle to get thru each day.

Thanks for the concern. Maybe I was being a little extreme rating my happiness at a 1, but even so, it's not that much higher.

5 is between 1 and 10, so let's say that 5 is "just OK" - not good, not bad.

Well, for me, between not having a skilled career and feeling not bright enough for one or good at the right things, not having something I'm good at to make me interesting/feel confidence, pride, self-esteem interest in myself or liking myself, not having a girlfriend, and other issues like our standard of living which wasn't that great in the first place getting even worse, feeling like the future/the world just keeps getting worse, loved ones passing away, and getting older with either the sense that life has passed me by or that I wasn't gifted enough to do anything with my life anyway, I would definitely say I'm not really "OK". I'm not happy with my personal life, or the state of the world/the direction that things seem to be going.

5 would be a really good day, very rare. 4 is an above normal day now. Most days are probably a 3 at best.

I've never been suicidal in the past, and I never actually tried. But more and more lately I've started feeling like, if this is all my life is going to be, I don't know if I really want any more. I'm already not happy with it, so why would I want more of what I know isn't making me happy? I only want more if there's still a chance I can be successful - if not, it's hard for me to get interested, excited, or care about anything that much beyond the next time I can drink.

Only the hope that maybe I haven't tried everything yet or tried my hardest yet, haven't found all my options yet, missed something, that I still might find the answers someday, keeps me going. I'd hate to have ended it, when I would have found the answers to my problems had I just hung on for one more day.

......Only the hope that maybe I haven't tried everything yet or tried my hardest yet, haven't found all my options yet, missed something, that I still might find the answers someday, keeps me going. I'd hate to have ended it, when I would have found the answers to my problems had I just hung on for one more day.
What you said here, plus I keep seeing my kids devastated at my final choice.

As for how you limit yourself Ska, we all have the ability to improve our skills and talents if we have the determination. Apart from rare savants and child prodiges who are indeed gifted, the rest of us have to work at being better at things.

Even a few days ago I was lining up a tree while driving.
I've done that too.
There are several in a beautiful park near my place that I have scoped out.
Even though I think about it, I would not do it unless things got really bad and it looked like I would lose my independence.
Like if I was diagnosed with early onset alzheimers or something.
I think in those types of circumstances it is justified.
But I wouldn't do it just because of a miserable life.
I know there are many atheists here and that is cool, but for me, I think if I "took the plunge" just because I was miserable, my punishment in the next life would be...pretty bad...

Latest posts

Back