Rate your Happiness 1-10

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As others have pointed out, a 1 to 10 scale is kind of meaningless. For me it’s been several years since I felt anything that I could call “happiness”. But I’m not excessively sad either. I would describe the way I’ve felt for the last few years as “numb” or “indifferent”. When you realise there really isn’t any hope, you realise there isn’t really any need to worry. When you’ve nothing to gain you’ve nothing to lose.

Rate your current happiness level 1-10--with 1 being the lowest, and 10 being the highest. Post here whenever your level changes.
I generally maintain about a level 5. I prefer to substitute the word "content" for happy because it more consistently reflects my state of mind.

It's Saturday and I've got books.

Don't have to be anywhere.

Had enough savings to replace the kitchen appliance that randomly died in the night. Now have no savings but that's life.

I don’t really know how to rate happiness, but if it comes down to how often I experience moments of happiness, like a scale of never being 0 to always being 10, then I’d say I’d be a 1 or 2. As a child I assumed life was generally happy with only moments of unhappiness, but I discovered in my early adulthood that it was the complete opposite. I feel like that moments of happiness that I do experience these days is merely a momentary distraction from the real life. And that saddens me.

I've been sitting at a solid 8 for the last 3 weeks. Even when something pisses me, it passes within moments or I'm able to fix it with my hands (and no, I don't mean by choking people).

Until I get into a good career, get good at something to be interesting, and get into a relationship, it's a solid and unchanging 1.

All I want to do is get out of this sh*t, it's pretty much all I care about.

I'm just afraid it's impossible for me because I'm afraid I just wasn't lucky enough to be born good enough.

Latest posts

Back