Really?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will engage.
So I had a friend a long time ago, we met when I was seventeen and he was what you would call "quirky". By which I mean he would shove his interests down your throat, laugh in a demented sort of way and once had the cops called on him for beating his mother with a curtain rail. As you can imagine, I distanced myself after that.
Anyway, ten years later he contacts me via facebook. (Needless to say I don't use facebook anymore.) Annnnd... he hadn't changed... well, thats not strictly speaking true. Fun fact; true alcoholics are incredibly thin with distorted facial features. Oh I know what you're thinking, "doesn't alcohol consumption *increase* weight gain". Initially you are correct but as the condition gets worse they forget to eat and don't really spend money on anything else but their habit. I digress; he looked like a hobgoblin. So of course I feel sorry for him and, against my better judgement, invite him round for my birthday. He said "only if I can be myself". That right there? Thats a red flag. Because why would he need to ask that? I'll tell you why; a refusal to abide by social norms even partially. He would see that as a "compromise of his values" where as the rest of the world would see that as "not acting like an alcoholic spzamataz".
Why am I telling you all this? Well, I don't know. Maybe theres something in this story you can relate to. Or not. I don't care. I just like typing.
Have a nice day.

Last edited:
I'll just say as a very high level professional alkie, I ate quite often. I was still scrawny as hell, and I never entertained beating my mother with any decorating supply. I also fully admitted I was an addict and alcoholic, and if people didn't want me around because of that, it was actually ok, because then I could be shitfaced and ***** about them in private. I know I'm still not the most pleasant person, I still have a lot of insecurities and I do come across as the ******* I still am. But I try to improve, however, that progress is very slow. Any and all criticism about me should be believed, they're not wrong. I would probably get ***** slapped by Mother Teresa. A good number of people have elected to not interact with me, and that is a good decision. Doesn't mean I'll stop typing, I do try to follow the letter of the rules, if not the spirit.

Have you ever looked at the forum page, and see there's almost 28,000 members, and 17 of us are the norm? Those 27000 + must have some pretty cryptic answers

Fun ******* fact...being the caregiver for your 70 + mother doesn't let you get angry over the honeysuckle they beat you for...******* awesome

I'm tired...I'm tired of this daily honeysuckle...I'm tired of the 26 year old brother treating her like a .maid, I'm tired of everyone asking for things that aren't feasible...I'm tired...I'm tired

I'll just say as a very high level professional alkie, I ate quite often. I was still scrawny as hell, and I never entertained beating my mother with any decorating supply. I also fully admitted I was an addict and alcoholic, and if people didn't want me around because of that, it was actually ok, because then I could be shitfaced and ***** about them in private. I know I'm still not the most pleasant person, I still have a lot of insecurities and I do come across as the ******* I still am. But I try to improve, however, that progress is very slow. Any and all criticism about me should be believed, they're not wrong. I would probably get ***** slapped by Mother Teresa. A good number of people have elected to not interact with me, and that is a good decision. Doesn't mean I'll stop typing, I do try to follow the letter of the rules, if not the spirit.

This would not be out of character for Mother Teresa. She was actually extremely sadistic behind the scenes, most of the money that got thrown her way ended up in the pockets of the catholic church. The logic was that 1. If people are suffering it is because god ordained it, 2. it is only through the trial of suffering that heaven can be attained and this added up to 3. it is right and good that those under her care should continue to suffer.
Its actually a pretty hard conclusion to argue against if you assume 1 and 2 are true. Anyway, yes. Mother Teresa would indeed ***** slap you. She would then ask for charitable donations to treat you, no treatment would be given. Not even a band-aid.

She would have been short and old...I'd take the slap. My grandma at that age had this nazi strength pinch under the table. Man that honeysuckle hurt, and I've been stabbed, shot, electrocuted and set aflame. Old women are sadistic

Latest posts

Back