Reasons

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, to keep up the consistency, first, I haven't been on this forum for all that long. You look at some threads and 2014? Wow. But that can be good or bad, or who gives a flying thing. So, for those truly bored...what makes you respond to a thread? Is it the antagonistic replies? Is it to try to drum up drama? Is it the need for confrontation? Or, are you actually hoping for intellectual discord? See? REASONS. I may have made a mildly relevant point. Or not. Still feeling this place out.

So, to keep up the consistency, first, I haven't been on this forum for all that long. You look at some threads and 2014? Wow. But that can be good or bad, or who gives a flying thing. So, for those truly bored...what makes you respond to a thread? Is it the antagonistic replies? Is it to try to drum up drama? Is it the need for confrontation? Or, are you actually hoping for intellectual discord? See? REASONS. I may have made a mildly relevant point. Or not. Still feeling this place out.

I've been here since early 2014. And the forum looks like it's been around since even longer than that - I've seen posts and profiles which date back to 2007. But anyway. What makes me respond to a thread? Probably if I have some thoughts, opinions, or feelings about the topic. Or if it makes me ask some kind of question. There's no one reason.

Believe it or not, I actually don't like the fighting that much. It's just that when someone says something that I find offensive, or when I see someone bullying another member that they think will be too timid to fight back, I'm compelled to say something to push back. I especially don't like it, because I feel like the kind of person who likes to look for easy targets to push around on here, wouldn't dare try anything in the offline world. They just do it because it's safe and easy online. They're cowards, they want to feel like they're "above" someone, but without having to take any risks. But yeah, I don't like bullies, I feel like it's wrong, and I feel like sometimes I'm trying to show people that they really should speak up for themselves instead of letting someone talk down to you. I feel like being shy and timid is part of the loneliness in the first place, it's a bad habit that I have tried to unlearn myself. When I was younger, I let people walk all over me cause I thought I had no choice. I didn't like it or how it made me feel, but I felt there was nothing I could do. Now, I try not to do that anymore. It's not that I look for trouble, but it's that if something bothers me, I'm no longer afraid to say so.

Although at the same time I'm trying to get less mad, because it's also a maturity issue with these people. They like attention, and serious rage just gives them what they want. (FYI not talking about any one person in particular, I've seen it a lot)

Last edited:
The Ska Fish...I'm not trying to copy all that...you seem to have strong feelings about things. I applaud you for that. You definitely seem like one who could palaver a bit. I'm always welcome to your discourse

The Ska Fish...I'm not trying to copy all that...you seem to have strong feelings about things. I applaud you for that. You definitely seem like one who could palaver a bit. I'm always welcome to your discourse

You can reply to the bits and pieces you want and leave the rest. I think you asked that on another thread so I'll reply there if I can find it.

Yeah I guess I do have strong feelings about things. Sometimes they are misguided though, I admit. As I get older I try to get better about discerning what is worth feeling strongly about, and what is a non-issue that I shouldn't worry about. I'm not always right and I'm open to learning but I do think I'm right at least some of the time.

What does palaver mean? I put it in Google and it basically said that I talk too much, lol.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments 👍

Well, I use palaver for those too lazy to find new words. But, you respond, so that's fun for me

Round about way of asking, but thoughts of all hallows eve now?

I liked it. I used to have a costume every year and trick-or-treat a lot of the blocks around here. It was a nice memory, and it was fun having enough candy to last a month or two. Good times.

Dogs or cats?

I'm a dog person. Nothing against cats, though.

I watch some really inappropriate honeysuckle (three times autocorrect? Really?) I'll even admit mostly sophomoric. But when it showcases my own insecurities in comedic fashion, should I feel slightly validated while also thinking this may not be the best mindset? I really am starting to like typing on this thing for no other reason than to just, well....express

I can be long winded, or long worded. But what the fresia is up with seven paragraph replies? ****( you know what autocorrect, screw you) just give the bullet points...I read enough as it is. Discourse doesn't need to be a beaten horse.

Follow through...sometimes it feels like, 'why bother' but you realize, trivial as it is, it speaks to your own fortitude. Basic as it is, you said you would try. And does it really have any significance? honeysuckle no. But if you make a statement, 'Follow through'. **** that's cheesy. Eh, even phoning it in gets a plus mark.

I've touched on this topic before, but it kinda has a huge presence in my life, so I'll return to it multiple times. Today I met with yet another professional to see if they would be of any help. Granted, this was a referral from my support staff, and I was fast tracked, so I acknowledge I'm pretty lucky in that regard. She has some different ideas, but they make sense, I think. What she is proposing sounds like it's going to be extremely emotional, painful and just ******* hard. Here's the reason part of this.

Would any of you, knowing that life is, eh, tolerable and basically fine, disrupt the life you are living on only the hope it gets better? I read that question and I know there will be a number of yes replies. Obviously I would answer that way also. But, and someone may ***** about this point, I get it, I am a 42 year old male, from the Midwest and asking or even seeking help is still seen as sissy and weak. I don't really give two shits and a fresia about that, and haven't for almost six years. However, this is going to probably be more than a bit taxing for me. I'm drawing this out longer for the quality over quantity response I had once. I read this stuff.

I'm going off on a tangent, I know. I'm worried about maybe not being up to the task, and having anyone read this, and possibly going, 'fresia it dude, why not?'...not verbatim of course, would...**** this is weak..confirm(?) that I made the right choice. **** that's a lot of words.

I've noticed some people have begun expressing their feelings of the upcoming holiday season, and it behooves me to post. (I love getting to use that word) I don't care much for Santa day, many a bad memory associated with it, as I'm sure others can agree. But I do actually like turkey day. It was the one holiday my father didn't destroy, and that was because my grandma was around, and he didn't want her to see what kind of ******* he truly was. My family is small, 5, maybe 6 of us will be present. Due to last year being what it was, it was only three. Since I have seen comments about the nature of this forum and why any should welcome the coming months, I ask this. Does your loneliness constitute your entire existence, or the loneliness of not having someone not Familia to be with? Or maybe there is also no family, and that's why you're lonely. I am honesty curious, so to better know those who occasionally read the honeysuckle I type.

I look at current members....it's me and one other. So, geez unlikely for commentary. Eh, eventually there is some type of reply. It is very unlikely I will ever have actual discourse with others. Yet, hell why not make a statement? Shows I'm plowing through. Reasons (mic drop)

Oh my God (I type it) they really aren't alone, just manifested loneliness...work on your honeysuckle

Well, after all the weird ass posts, general talking at myself and whatnot, I think I can technically label this whole adventure as that ******* 'journaling' thing they won't let die. With the added bonus of random people reading it. Well played sir, well played.

Just depends on my mood. I cannot stand "arguing," but some folks seem to thrive on it. I'm content to make my point and move along. The world has become inundated with emotionally insecure attention craters. I ain't of that persuasion

I have read a few of your posts, and I do see why you could be precieved as confrontational, but it does come down to context. There is no inflection with words typed. People have to think about what they words convey. I, personally, think your posts are just addressing a mood of the subject addressed. Hell I know I'm wrong a lot. But, in the medium of this forum, I think you try to expand others views. As I said, I'm wrong many times.

This may not be all that novel of a statement here, but I'm curious about hope. Not like hope for the future, or anything grand. Like hope for being included. I cannot nor will not speak for anyone, but even in the few weeks here, I feel I'm being a tad pathetic. Not like I hate me, but how starved I seem to be for attention. Acting this way in reality would be horribly depressing. But, and here's where it goes all sort of perspective wise...I don't care. An introvert like me keeps trying, and is willing to see what transpires. This place is like training wheels, and although the first time they were off, I crashed into the back of an 82 Coup Deville, I still learned how to ride a bike. Hell, this may be the metaphorical Cadillac. But there's my expression of hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back