Reasons

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have many insecurities when it comes to people, being accepted, being liked.
We just gotta lean into the cringe
I'm not so worried about acceptance, I'm used to not being. I ask this kind of question to see, first, if I get a reply, and second what the general consensus is. I can be someone who will gladly reply to all and any posts. As I am here. I just do these threads to prove to myself I can. Any reply, regardless, I find a minor win. So, thank you for the reply. 😀

Okay, so this one seems pretty vanilla. I have a local radio station that broke the rules this year, and for the last 4 days has put on non stop x-mas music. I expect it the day after turkey day. Now I have to change my 'dial' until after. But, some people love that music, and I'd like to know why one would want a constant stream of that particular genre. Maybe they will be nice happy responses, and hell can't we use that?

Why does anyone keep trying, on this site I mean. I started this thread because I needed to set a goal. I have far more posts ignored than responded, yet I still sally forth. It serves a singular reason and I'll always bore the masses. Whatever. But it has engaged some. It does signal a prospective hope. I do seem to be reaching at times, but at least I try. Really, kind of the whole meaning for this forum, and I'm not one to quit. So.....yeah.

My opinion. It's too much, too fast paced or too personal for a lot of people. Also, there's very little conversation when someone does reply. Someone replies and then you just move on to another topic. That makes THEM feel ignored, so they stop trying.

Something that I never understood about the people who come here is that some of them don't interact with people. They are worried about themselves and only themselves. They create threads and rarely go outside of their own threads. Or if they do, it's in threads that can't possibly end in a productive manner. If they are so lonely, why aren't they trying to get to know other peole.

Okay, so most likely not going to be a fast response....but...why(other than literal loneliness) did you pick this site? However, if it is actual loneliness, I will do my best to try to address I will do my best to reply.

This site is where I can change the world. I might not be successful, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I love validation
When I type little random sentences on this post, it's because this place isn't a chat room and it would be weird to just throw that same said randomness on someone else's thread. Or maybe not, but at least this way it only shows me to be a little off kilter.

I'm double posting...ever look at the active members and see 3? No real reason, just kinda funny.

Semi continuing my last post. One minute it's dead. Then four posts. It's a strike and disperse. I can only loosely interpret that as a whimsical word making. I don't get it, I'm sure I'll get that jaded. ****, no, why would I do that? No, I will preserve. And answer, cause that's how I roll. Reasons fuckos 😁

Attitude. I can only speak from my Midwest North American viewpoint, but people are kind of nasty recently. Thankfully not my customers. But elsewhere, in the same geographic area, **** they have attitude. Do they think berating the poor cashier for something that they literally have no control over validates them? Were people actually locked away for that long that they forgot societal norms? I worked every day to make sure these people had their staples. And they act way beyond the crazy I live every day, is it that hard to be cordial? ****, calm down, I don't see any valid reason you're making others lives so hard. Maybe I'm not seeing it from an entitled point if view.

Sweet. This title is actually very relevant today. At least here in the U.S. Some, if not many of us, will sit down with family and friends and have a moments reflection of what we are thankful for. Reasons. I'm thankful for being able to still have my family, small though it is. I'm thankful that I get to still work my chosen profession, even if it still gets way stressful on this date. And I am extremely thankful that I'm still level minded. Those are my reasons for being thankful. Reply....don't...I still power through my own thread. I find it gives me a reason to engage others..oh, I should be thankful for that also. Happy Turkey Day!!

So, at the time of this post there are 6 of us here. My hope is that on a very decisive day, others were able to be propped up by spending time with their close ones. I'd hate for it to be the opposite, that would be sad. So, I did spend the day with close family. However, not being alone is not the same as being lonely. I was grateful for the day I had. Doesn't change that I'm still lonely. So, I choose to be here in the minute chance I can help another ease their loneliness.

Ok....there are times this place is pretty awesome. I've found rapid dealings can be quite fun. This is why I will keep returning. This one is distracted, and not all that deep.

I usually wait until it's the next day (my time) to post, but I have something on my mind. I think I've found I really am bad at individual conversations. I misread things, or blurt things out at inopportune times. I honestly have no clue how to navigate even generic interactions. I know it's from a very severe lack of esteem, and any attention I receive I try to double down on. Now, out there, in the real world, I just don't talk. And, the few people I interact with that aren't family are still people I semi work with, since its not weird if a fellow employee asks a random question. So, as I stated when I started this thread, I'm just trying to find out how to interact with people, and I'm awkward I see. But, and I have read numerous threads, I know I'm not totally alone in this, but it felt like I should restate my (buzzword) mission statement. ****, I'm all corporate and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back