Reasons

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Life is full of surprises, not a new nor original statement. Obviously they're not all good. Not all bad either. I don't exactly know when the stretch of being invincible decided to switch over to realizing my limitations. Well, I kind of do. But was there. Is there. A time, an experience, an epiphany that you determined it was time to stop thinking you can beat anything anywhere, and just focused on maintaining what you have now, and being >shudder< responsible?

It was over a decade and a half ago that I found this site originally and was by accident - probably type loneliness.

I won't even pretend I know how websites work. How they operate (servers or some honeysuckle?) What it takes to maintain them. I know there are phantoms called mods and admins that do almost less than nothing. Is that volunteer work? I'm sure I'll find out shortly. I mean, an option for a PowerPoint, or a spreadsheet that accounts for revenue versus overhead, how funds are allocated. I guess a mission statement, like even the most basic LLC is required to summarize. Just, what basic maintenance costs over the course of a quarter. Again, I may be woefully ignorant of the inner workings of a website. I know if you're a guest, you have to tolerate ads. But having ads on a site is a generating form of income. So, long winded thread, trying to limit how ignorant I am of technological income requirements. But...ebay? Amazon? Is there a way it could look for more sponsors that claim oh so much money? I believe this is loneliness and depression..does Amazon sell therapy sessions? Can I place a higher bid for a psychiatrist? I'm sure I'll have one of three responses.

So, now that I've learned to pay attention to certain stuff, well specific stuff, I have a question. Now, I base this on tonight specifically. My dinner tonight, which I enjoyed, was one of my least favorites when I was a kid, all those decades ago. And this not isolated. There are many meals as of late I've paid attention to. And, the other side of this coin, is a few things I loved as a kid is way too much to consume. Is this a normal occurrence with some of you? Have you experienced this? I'm hoping it never crosses over to loving liver and onions, and the other horrible concoctions my dad indulged in. Is this really just a 'thing'? Or am I just weird? Well, weirder?

I can't say if you are weird, but if you are, it's not because of that. Your tastes do change as you get older. Hell, your taste buds get replaced every two weeks or something like that, so it wouldn't be a stretch to like something you didn't like before or dislike something you liked before.

I do have to wonder though if you like things now because they are made better? My mother's spaghetti was horrible, as was most of her stuff because she didn't really season anything, it was all bland, so I like a lot of stuff that I didn't growing up. I also think that when you learn to cook/bake you learn to appreciate things more than you did before because you know how it's made and where it came from and all that.

I do love the special room, safety blanket of not enough enough privileges to comment. Snowflakes? No, snowflakes actually exist in a tangible world. You're...I don't know..apparitions of imagined snowflakes. Are you sure your mommy's are OK with you being here? No...I can't comprehend how pitiful you are. Is this that safe corner bullshit? And, sadly...you'll be the ones who...destroy all if it.

There are as many reasons to go on as there are not to. The thing is, if you're truly open to other people's viewpoints, it does do a whole Ying Yang thing. I'm a staunch proponent of the going on part. But I see how you can hit that crossroads. How it seems the energy spent is not worth the energy lost. But it could be. Or maybe not. Everyone has their own scales they abide by. When you're pressed by circumstances, when you ultimately have to make that one decision, how can you know the eventual outcome? You can't. And, what if you chose wrong? Either you find out...or don't. Do you choose for others or yourself? I wonder about the thoughts of those i can never ask. Jesus I'm apparently dark.

Okay, so most likely not going to be a fast response....but...why(other than literal loneliness) did you pick this site? However, if it is actual loneliness, I will do my best to try to address I will do my best to reply.
I don't know if I chose this site or it chose me...lol I happened upon this site when I was in nursing school. I was very stressed and my relationships weren't the best. That was in 2008, I believe. I stayed for a long time, and then left. I would interact here and there. I had to make a new profile because it has been a while. I came back because I needed to reach out. It's good to have a little distraction.

Man, I read that I didn't choose the site it chose me more than once. No. You chose the site. This forum never enticed you to join. You looked for a place to type some words. This isn't the ******* Mafia. Go find one of the thousands of chat rooms. This forum seemed comfortable. But I chose it. Unbelievable

Okay, so most likely not going to be a fast response....but...why(other than literal loneliness) did you pick this site? However, if it is actual loneliness, I will do my best to try to address I will do my best to reply.
There's nowhere else for me. I usually get called a poser and banned from other groups for lonely people .

It's nice to have banal conversations with another person that doesn't hinge on really anything.

I'm not going to confess to understanding certain entities. But, aside from old Koala guy, who we can forgive, why in the fresia of fucks sake do you need to answer your replies with a nauseating amount of your own ******* replies? Is this a generational thing, or just a very twisted form of self importance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back