Religion for dummies (1)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
Could be a long article, but it is worth reading.

My brother asked me while watching the movie World War Z, "How, do you think, will the world end?" I said,"By misunderstanding religion" By the time, I had sufficient insights about the philosophy of religion. Although I may not know what verses, who said, terminology, etc. But I understood the philosophy well. Let me explain it a different way.
--------------
1.1.1 I will make it simple for you. Religion is not mandatory to be followed. But if you follow it, you will get the advantages that it claims. If you don't follow it, you will face the down sides that it claims.

-----------------
>>>>> Life is like a space shuttle. And the scriptures are their user manuals. Now, if you buy a TV, you will get a manual, which is intended for the efficient use of the TV. If you don't follow it, nobody will come from sky to kill you. But if you follow it, you will make better use of it.

>>>>> About who wrote the scriptures and why should we listen to them:
Do you go and ask the company about the author of the manual, their qualifications, or do you ask the company why they must follow it? No! Why? Because you know that it is not forced on you to follow it. But following would be better. Same is for religion

>>>>> Suppose some scripts advise you to eat healthy food. You will accept it, because you can see the change immediately, feel the difference clearly of following it. You won't follow some ideas of the religion because you don't understand them. And it is not religion's fault that you didn't follow them. So you will face the consequences.

>>>> Yoga was considered an outdated thing and Indian parents were complaining that just like western schools, we should become "MODERN". Their kids learn programming and our kids learn this??

Now when the western worlds are adopting yoga, same people complain "See, even western culture follows our traditions, and we don't. Shame on govt. for not following it."

You see, Yoga wasn't outdated. It was undervalued. Because it wasn't understood well.

>>>> Yes, there are blind faiths, but now every apparent one is a blind faith. They are simply misinterpreted<<<<<<<<<<<<

I come from a Hindu family. And in Hindu religion, there is a structure for everything.

Yes, everyone knows that we used our hands to wash our ass, before invention toilet paper. But ask any Hindu, they would do it with left hand only. And eat with right hand only. You now see why. Yes, now we don't need to follow this rule, but you see that there IS and WAS a reason of everything. Just a few seconds ago, it seemed a blind faith to use particular hand. But now, you know the reason and it is something more than blind faith.

>>>>> THE IDEA OF PROPER CLOTHING <<<<<<<<
People might oppose the idea of what women and men should wear as per religion. Yes, there might not be a red guy with a trident waiting in hell if you wear improper clothes, but with increased freedom, there has been an increase in the number of unhappy people. Women roaming in underwear are complaining about being cat called. WHY? Here the blame is not only on men.

BOTH MEN AND WOMEN ARE WRONG IN THIS AS PER RELIGION.

> Men because they didn't follow the idea of religion that women should be respected.
> Women because they didn't follow the idea that they should dress properly.
YEAH YOU CAN WEAR WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT. WEAR IT. NOBODY IS OPPOSING YOU. BUT IF IT GOES AGAINST RELIGION, YOU WILL FACE CONSEQUENCES THAT IT CLAIMS YOU WILL.
No point in being angry on me, this is truth and I am not forcing anyone to follow it. I have no problem on who wears what, I dont actually care.
People who hate me may read the section 1.1.1. I say again. Nobody is forcing you to do what religion says. But if you don't follow it, you will face the disadvantages. And you are seeing it. With more freedom, there are more rapes. With more freedom, there are more crimes.
> Religions follow that there should be a limit of freedom. You didn't follow it. You faced things.

-To be continued

Latest posts

Back