Remembering who we are...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
Who am I? I think we've all asked ourselves that question at some point in our lives. The answer? Who I AM. I think we are divine beings who forgot their divinity. We are players in a vast video game. And it's actually quite controlled. The pain and suffering we feel are just that, feelings. Same as joy and happiness. Why can't we accept the good with the bad? And death... death is just the end and on the other side waiting is a new beginning.

We are divine beings. Just look at us. We breathe, we feel, we think, we create. And what if everything that we have experienced is what we agreed to experience before coming into this life? What if all these questions have already been answered before, we are just relearning things all over again.

If all the world is a stage, what happened to the people who have gone? Will we meet again, all of us, on the stage and bow our heads before the audience?

Isn't that why humankind has thought up the idea of the after life?

The Bible talks about a God who will dwell with his people during the time of peace on earth. Well, what if this person is you? You just forgot who you are.

I don't do God, regardless of denomination.

I am a short, bald, weird little guy. Hopefully I'll be considered a great dad. However, given my daughter is on the autistic spectrum, she seems often unaware that I exist. She is extremely insular.

Few people are truly aware of their faults and foibles. Often excuses are made, blame is apportioned, and barriers raised. Me, I'm secure with all that I am. Slowly, I am evolving into the best version of myself, even if perhaps the physical being will not cooperate with this ethos.

What is important to remember, from my perspective, is that who we are is here for such a short time. If you get an opportunity, grab it. Never fear making a fool of yourself, learn from it. Simply because we are lonely, it does not have to be the defining characteristic of our life.

I've never forgotten who I am, where I'm from, or what I believe in. However, I might regularly forget where I put my glasses, as they test atop of my head.

If by "divine" you mean "the nuclear waste of ancient exploding stars" then I agree completely.

Righty dokey skip!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210114-122910_kindlephoto-540174155.png
    Screenshot_20210114-122910_kindlephoto-540174155.png
    342.9 KB · Views: 4
I'm also afraid that life is just the result of a random, meaningless chain of events that can all be explained away by science. I mean, on the one hand science is good, it explains things, and we know more than we did before. But in getting rid of the mystery it gets rid of a lot of the magic. And I'm afraid that there is no afterlife. It gets me down, and scared, and I don't like thinking about it. I hope I'm wrong about that though. I'd like to believe that our consciousness can continue on somewhere. I guess I'd consider myself more agnostic than anything because I'm open to the possibility that I'm wrong, and atheism depresses me.

In fact, I wish there was some way to upload your mind into a computer or another machine, or freeze people until we can find ways to prolong life, or just work on something to increase living creatures' lifespans. That's a project that I'd like to work on, a problem I'd like to solve, a cause I believe in, because the way life is now, it seems like a lot of the time we don't even get to live it. Or we spend this life making mistakes, and by the time we know how to live, it's passed us by - if we ever figure it out at all. I feel like I wish I could have a second life. But I'm afraid that I'm not STEM-y enough to do those things, or that it's not even possible for anyone to do them at all.

I like to think that if there is a higher power, then they were aliens. Or beings from another dimension, another plane of existence. And they really had, what seemed to us, to be magic powers. I could see Jesus being an alien that could assume a human form to blend in, no joke. But that aliens don't visit anymore, because of something like the Prime Directive. It would be too hard for us to deal with, or would interfere with our progress too much, and they don't come over anymore.

Or I like to think that magic, wizards and sorcerers, and legendary creatures did exist, but they were lost as we progressed into the modern age.

I think the truth is probably a lot more mundane, unfortunately. But I like to think that at one time, it wasn't.

Last edited:
I like to think that if there is a higher power, then they were aliens. Or beings from another dimension, another plane of existence. And they really had, what seemed to us, to be magic powers. I could see Jesus being an alien that could assume a human form to blend in, no joke. But that aliens don't visit anymore, because of something like the Prime Directive. It would be too hard for us to deal with, or would interfere with our progress too much, and they don't come over anymore.

Or I like to think that magic, wizards and sorcerers, and legendary creatures did exist, but they were lost as we progressed into the modern age.

I think the truth is probably a lot more mundane, unfortunately. But I like to think that at one time, it wasn't.

Magic, wizards, sorcerers still exist. In holywood fairy tales movies. I'd like to believe in aliens but for some reason we're not finding any evidence. We have evidence of ancient civilizations, but not aliens. Unless we're the aliens. Seems like it. Everything on this planet wants to kills us. lol

Magic, wizards, sorcerers still exist. In holywood fairy tales movies. I'd like to believe in aliens but for some reason we're not finding any evidence. We have evidence of ancient civilizations, but not aliens. Unless we're the aliens. Seems like it. Everything on this planet wants to kills us. lol

I look up at the sky and it's so big...so many stars...I feel like something has to be out there somewhere. If life on Earth was like flipping a coin and getting heads 100 times in a row, then in all of everything, I feel like it has to have happened in some way somewhere else.

Maybe we're just so out of the way, aliens just don't come out this way cause there's nothing to bring them here. Just like you might not visit some small town, in a remote location, in a state on the other side of the country from where you live. It's awfully far out of the way, to go to a place where you don't have a particular reason to go. Maybe they can't justify the expense in warp fuel.

Also it's not just a matter of space, but time. Perhaps there's no evidence of aliens because they were around so long ago, that all evidence of their existence, even the radio waves, have degraded to nothing. Or maybe we're currently the most advanced form of life, and some other sentient life will evolve somewhere, or maybe even here, in a really long time in the future. Maybe humans will leave Earth for another world, and dolphins, or octopi, will evolve and take our place without us getting in the way of doing what they need to do to advance. Who knows. Now this, I do like to think about.

I look up at the sky and it's so big...so many stars...I feel like something has to be out there somewhere. If life on Earth was like flipping a coin and getting heads 100 times in a row, then in all of everything, I feel like it has to have happened in some way somewhere else.

Maybe we're just so out of the way, aliens just don't come out this way cause there's nothing to bring them here. Just like you might not visit some small town, in a remote location, in a state on the other side of the country from where you live. It's awfully far out of the way, to go to a place where you don't have a particular reason to go. Maybe they can't justify the expense in warp fuel.

Also it's not just a matter of space, but time. Perhaps there's no evidence of aliens because they were around so long ago, that all evidence of their existence, even the radio waves, have degraded to nothing. Or maybe we're currently the most advanced form of life, and some other sentient life will evolve somewhere, or maybe even here, in a really long time in the future. Maybe humans will leave Earth for another world, and dolphins, or octopi, will evolve and take our place without us getting in the way of doing what they need to do to advance. Who knows. Now this, I do like to think about.

Those who can visit us don't want to because we're garbage to them. Area where i am is so light polluted i can't see anything in the sky. Only low flying planes. I'd like to see evidence and believe they exist. I hope they abduct me and take me to their leader. lol

I see his thread started a long time ago, but I'd like to add something. I'm almost sixty now. Over the last year I've really begun to think about how and why my life has been so unfulfilling. I believe in God and Jesus yet wonder why they don't seem to notice me. Still, I feel they're helping me along the way. Being raised Catholic, and still trying to be, we believe in Purgatory. My conclusion is that this is where I am right now. I'm paying for some past misdeeds before I can move on to the next plane of existence. Always wanted to be a father. No such luck, but I get to see people abuse and abandon their children everyday on tv. The absolute love of my life walking away on Christmas Eve a week after I lost my job. The second wife who couldn't have children but became a single mom years after she left me. The broken and bad relationships I've had all my life from my parents onward. This incredible brain I've been given that I've done nothing with. The drugs, the booze, the tears, the pain, and most of all the feeling of never being good enough for anyone, ever. I just want to cry some days. I don't want to die, but I've never lived. I have someone in my life, and she's good to me in her own way, but she's just a glorified boarder. There are no prospects for anything improving. I thought writing this would make me feel better and let others know they are not alone out there in the swamp of life. Can't say it worked.

I see his thread started a long time ago, but I'd like to add something. I'm almost sixty now. Over the last year I've really begun to think about how and why my life has been so unfulfilling. I believe in God and Jesus yet wonder why they don't seem to notice me. Still, I feel they're helping me along the way. Being raised Catholic, and still trying to be, we believe in Purgatory. My conclusion is that this is where I am right now. I'm paying for some past misdeeds before I can move on to the next plane of existence. Always wanted to be a father. No such luck, but I get to see people abuse and abandon their children everyday on tv. The absolute love of my life walking away on Christmas Eve a week after I lost my job. The second wife who couldn't have children but became a single mom years after she left me. The broken and bad relationships I've had all my life from my parents onward. This incredible brain I've been given that I've done nothing with. The drugs, the booze, the tears, the pain, and most of all the feeling of never being good enough for anyone, ever. I just want to cry some days. I don't want to die, but I've never lived. I have someone in my life, and she's good to me in her own way, but she's just a glorified boarder. There are no prospects for anything improving. I thought writing this would make me feel better and let others know they are not alone out there in the swamp of life. Can't say it worked.
Thanks for posting. I feel your pain.

Latest posts

Back