Rest in peace Ekstra

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zak

Reaction score
I just don't know what to type. I keep typing and deleting. Mixed emotions. You were like a brother to me though we haven't really spoken much these past couple of years. Back in 2007 or 2008 I believe that's when we met in Xat chat. Endless conversations after that over Skype, Xat, Skype group calls, discord. You listened to my shitty depressed rants more than I could have asked for. I wanted you to be happy in life. I hope you found your happiness before you said goodbye to this world.

I wanted to meet you in real life at least once. It just makes me sad that I did not get a chance to catch up with you to ask about your life, tell you about my life, and to let you know how things have been going.

Life remains a mystery for some of us. I got to know only today even though it's been two weeks. I appreciate you letting me know Jen, I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Ekstra went by these names on forum and chat:
ekstra, ekstracheese, extracheese.
He is no more with us. Passed away on December 16th.
Cause of death: Heart attack
May his soul rest in peace.

PS: If any of you are yet to catch up with your old friends, please do so as soon as you can. We will be left with only regrets if we wait too long.

I still can't believe it. BJD just told me last night. I didn't always get along with Cheese and Lord knows we argued a lot, but I always wished I knew him better. He was a good guy. :(

It made me really sad when jen told me. I wouldn't have known otherwise either. Cheese was very kind and caring. May he rest in peace.

I'm deeply saddened to hear Eks is no longer with us.
I agree that we should definitely get in touch with our old friends. Life's too short to live with regrets.

Sanal, you are the best friend anyone could have.

I am not a religious person but I do believe there is a better place for us all here.

I am sure if he is looking in on you he will do with fondness and kindness in his heart ❤

This is heartbreaking. He was a great guy.

I really don't know what else to say...seriously a loss of words.

I logged on here 2 days ago, and I wanted to say something but I couldn't. It's like having that lump in your throat that stops you from speaking.
Maybe I'm also not ready to accept it. I still can't believe it.

He was a dear close friend of mine and I feel like a few words for him here won't do justice. Maybe I can share a bit what he was like in the time we've known each other.

He was kind, he was a good person and he was thoughtful, he was a generous man with a big heart.
He was the kind of person who would avoid confrontations, he liked to make peace and was always too humble to admit his own strengths and positivity. He was always too hard on himself too though.
He was smart but never showed it off, and was always willing to help others in need. He helped me with my work stuff a few times before and it always helped me a great deal.
He was also shy at times, something I don't think he expressed openly to others. He was also a private person, and I think that was what made each and every one of his relationships with others really special.
He adored his cat Sylvester so much, no words can describe what he felt for his furbuddy.
He loved coffee and making it with his fancy espresso machine, and was keen to perfect his latte art along the way. There was a period of time he'd share a picture of each one of his attempts - until he got a perfect looking heart. It was impressive.
He loved pizza, cheese, ramen, and introduced me to these amazing pork buns at Motto Ramen nearby his apartment. He had great taste in food for sure. I was extremely impressed when he made Beef Wellington for when I visited during one of my vacations there.
He was a tech nerd, he loved to talk about it, read about it and share about it.
He was a big fan of Rocket League, and really loved playing Tabletop Simulator, or co-op games where he could spend a good amount of time playing with friends.
He loved taking photos on his travels, and he shared my love for the mountains so much so that he'd entertain me just taking hundreds of pictures of the same mountain along the way, asking if we should make a stop every few minutes to get the right angle for the perfect shot.

There's a lot more that I can say about Eks as a person that I cannot cover in all entirety here but he was one of the best friends I've had the pleasure to meet in this lifetime.

In his mother's words, he was a perfect human being and he was taken away as one. He was a good son, and a good friend. And as far as I know, he was a good mentor and coworker at his work place too.

If you happen to know Eks in any way, do share. I think it would be nice. 

---------------------------------

A, you left too soon with no warning whatsoever. I wasn't prepared for this. I'm still so shocked and confused I don't even know how to process this. :c
You told me not to die when I was sick, and here I am still. You were always fine and healthy, but now you're gone. I know nobody said life would be fair, but this is cruel. I'm so sad. :c

Whenever I think of the perfect moment we shared, it would be when we were up this mountain looking over this view. It was breathtaking. I'm glad we managed to experience this and that I could take this shot to remember by, with you right there next to me. I miss you, my friend. May your soul rest in peace. ❤ ☹

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
91EkgjU.jpg
[/font]

We only interacted a little bit on Discord, a couple years ago. But, it was enough for me to know, as others have said, that he was a caring person. I didn't really get to know him that well, only a few things about himself, such as liking indie music. But he listened to me open up, vent about things a few times, attempted to compliment and reassure me about things when I was feeling low, which made me feel better at the time but now I feel bad about.

Shocked to hear about this, and it's a shame his life was cut short.

Sanal said:
If any of you are yet to catch up with your old friends, please do so as soon as you can. We will be left with only regrets if we wait too long.

I second this, having experienced some similar regrets myself ^

Man, this thread is rough. Wasn't easy to read. It came as such a shock; I had just talked to him that night, before it happened. I met Eks on here, and I've known him for ten years. Ten years.

I think we all had some kind of connection with him; that's just how he was. We all knew him in different ways, and he shared something different with each of us, in different ways, I think. But we can see the commonalities and we can recognize those traits that we all saw in him... traits that everyone here has already mentioned.

His kindness, his enjoyment of social gaming, his interests. His willingness to see the good in everyone. His patience (mostly haha) and his intelligence.

The world is less without him in it.

But I think we can strive to keep some of him around, in some small way, in our memories and in the way he touched the lives of those who knew him.

I know I won't forget him.

Badjedidude said:
Man, this thread is rough. Wasn't easy to read. It came as such a shock; I had just talked to him that night, before it happened. I met Eks on here, and I've known him for ten years. Ten years.

I think we all had some kind of connection with him; that's just how he was. We all knew him in different ways, and he shared something different with each of us, in different ways, I think. But we can see the commonalities and we can recognize those traits that we all saw in him... traits that everyone here has already mentioned.

His kindness, his enjoyment of social gaming, his interests. His willingness to see the good in everyone. His patience (mostly haha) and his intelligence.

The world is less without him in it.

But I think we can strive to keep some of him around, in some small way, in our memories and in the way he touched the lives of those who knew him.

I know I won't forget him.

😢

Hey Eks,

I'm not going to say too much; I was a small part of your life. Oddly enough we kept in touch from time to time through Steam... Mostly you may have just let me blab on like an idiot from time to time. We may have been of a different breed; but, it was nice talking to you every now and then. I only just talked to you quite recently actually...

You had a lot to do, and what seems to me, a much bigger life than my own.

It's not fair that you are gone...

There’s a hole

A piece was taken today
From a beating wall
One day it was there
The next it was gone

I sit here and wonder
Who had more need
For this piece of myself
Than me?

But it’s gone
And cannot come back