Reticence rules

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beingnobody

Reaction score
Eggshells be sharp. People have become so delicate and fragile that intelligent thought is now in peril.

Evidenced clearly by fact our country is on verge of civil war over an ex-President who is just barely literate.

Honestly, if his daddy had not planted a platinum spoon in his mouth Donald Trump would have grown up folding used panties in the back room of some Goodwill store.

But here we are with 30 some % of people calling themselves "Christian" believing he is second coming of Christ.

The man is very clearly bent backwards in the medulla, deranged, parranoid and insecure. Not fit or qualified to scrape gum from the bottom of theater seats.

But half the country seem to have their tongue attached to his colon.

The level of stubborn,, obtuse ignorance is embarrassing.

But dare someone motivate a neuron to fire in discourse the jagged edge of some censorship razor slices the throat of a lion to swar a fly on his nose.

Evidenced clearly by fact our country is on verge of civil war over an ex-President who is just barely literate.
If I had a rhinoceros every time I've read something like that in the last 30 years from every side of the political spectrum, I'd be running a chain of zoos to rival the number of McD stores you Yanks seem to be so fond of.

At some point, blaming what was basically a short stop in a long history of US presidents for everything happening right now becomes a tiring rhetoric.
So far, I haven't seen Biden do much but maintain the status quo. If anything, international affairs seem to be worsening under his reing. Namely with Russia, China and NK, the usual names in the last 15 years.

I miss Trump. No one held a press conference like he did. I'd like to raise my glass of Javex in his honor.

Well, I suppose you could always go expat, since you seem to have nothing good to say....
I love America. Maybe you should be speaking to all these bubble dwelling loons who hate America so much they are stockpiling guns calling for "civil war" because facts and reality terrify them and they cannot coexist with diversity. I own no guns because I don't feel threatened by everything 6hat moves in the wind

If I had a rhinoceros every time I've read something like that in the last 30 years from every side of the political spectrum, I'd be running a chain of zoos to rival the number of McD stores you Yanks seem to be so fond of.

At some point, blaming what was basically a short stop in a long history of US presidents for everything happening right now becomes a tiring rhetoric.
So far, I haven't seen Biden do much but maintain the status quo. If anything, international affairs seem to be worsening under his reing. Namely with Russia, China and NK, the usual names in the last 15 years.

I miss Trump. No one held a press conference like he did. I'd like to raise my glass of Javex in his honor.
You don't have much self respect

You don't have much self respect
That's a dumb statement to make out of your own conclusions. Remember your other thread?
I've rarely, RARELY seen someone so obssessed by Trump.
He's gone. He isn't likely to be back.
At some point, you got to move on. Also, there is NOTHING you're saying that I haven't heard already in the last 30 years, numerous time. You know what? We're all still here. Despite those Yanks gearing up for WW3? Statistics have BARELY increased in the last 20 years. 2 years into Trump's presidency, it actually dropped.

The rate of firearm deaths per 100,000 people rose from 10.3 per 100,000 in 1999 to 12 per 100,000 in 2017, with 109 people dying per day or about 14,542 homicides in total,[8][9][10] being 11.9 per 100,000 in 2018.[11]

You know the story of the boy who cried wolf, right?
I've been hearing and reading "Wolf" in books written in the 50's.
At some point, you gotta let go.

I agree with you that Trump is the product of nepotism, and not intelligence or competence. Base instinctive cunning maybe, but not intelligence or competence.

And I also agree that there is something very wrong with the people that worship him in an almost religious way, and fanatically believe in survival of the fittest, even as they themselves are not the fittest and they are essentially for the forces that would cause their own misery. It's like they want the world to stay hard, so they can notch up their tough-guy belt for living in a hard world. It seems stupid to me - if modern science, tech, and attitudes can make the world easier so I can enjoy more of my life instead of less, why wouldn't I want that?

It's so weird to me how enduring misery is like a merit badge in this society, "I work 80 hour weeks, I have no life outside of work, I never have fun ever!" To them, they think it makes them tough. To me, I think it's sad and indicative of dysfunction and regression, not progress. To me it's like, if you're working 80 hour weeks, that doesn't mean you're tough, that means society is broken. If life requires more out of you to make it than it did before, that means we've gone backwards, not forwards. I think that if we could just go back to when it was easier to be middle class, we would live in a happier, more civilized world.

I don't get along with or like hierarchical people at all. I don't believe it has to be that way, or any particular way - that's the thing about sentience, I believe it makes us free to pick our own way as a species, and our own personal way as individuals, instead of just going along with instinctive programming.

But while I was about to post something mocking Trump, in the end I decided not to, since I've been complaining about politics since about 2004 or 2005, freshman year of college. And my life has been about the same since then - it's worse now, actually.

I think complaining about politics is an addiction I fell into to keep from dealing with life because I felt like it was impossible, and that I was stuck in a life I hated, and it was a convenient punching bag for it. The reasons I was complaining about politics - and not enjoying my life, which I now deeply regret - were more personal than political.

The point I'm trying to make is, yes, this is all very frustrating, and I understand that.
But at some point, it's just driving oneself crazy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back