Revelation: political satire?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beingnobody

Reaction score
I am a DS9 (Deep Space Nine) freak, and constantly watch and binge the complete series.

DS9 is my favorite of the Star Trek franchise, Odo my favorite character.

Anyway I just today noticed how much the Ferengi species resemble and have in common with American Republicans

My friend once told me that the main aliens in Star Trek aren't the way they are randomly, but that they're supposed to represent different aspects of humanity: the Klingons being anger/warlike tendencies, the Romulans as political intrigue, the Vulcans as logic/reason/science/civilization, and the Federation as humanity's ideal self.

The Ferengi, of course, represented greed. They do have a lot in common with Republicans as far as taking capitalism to a religious extent (literally), but they're missing the militaristic aspect of Republicans, though. They've sold weapons, but I don't think they do military campaigns.

Still, I always found the Ferengi episodes funny and endearing. All 3 of the main Ferengi grew a lot - Nog into the first Ferengi Starfleet cadet, Rom from living in his brother's shadow to his own career as a technician and gaining confidence and courage, and Quark gaining a heart, and learning to value other things in life outside of money.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back