Romance movie

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lonely guy

Hey what is your favorite romantic comedy. Or just plain cheesy romance movie?

pride and prejudice or
pretty woman...lol

ohh shoot that not a comedy just pretty woman

Gone With The Wind was kinda funny... so long to watch all the way through though its about four hours :p

Princess Bride would be one of my more modern favorite... it has Andre the Giant! :)

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, I guess you could consider it a guilty pleasure, it's very good, maybe it's just me but I love it and I could have sworn I typed this somewhere before...

O man, I remember Andre the giant, he was massive, I remember watching him wrestle, I would not want to face him in the ring that's for sure!

The Bride Of Frankenstein...

sad..

very very sad..

makes me shed a tear everytime I see it..

Here are some romantic comedies that I like......

Notting Hill, Bridget Jones' Diary, The Holiday, Pretty Woman, My Best Friend's Wedding, The break-up, How to lose a guy in 10 days, The Wedding Planner, Wimbledon... Oh and Love Actually is quite good, too.

lonely guy said:
Hey what is your favorite romantic comedy. Or just plain cheesy romance movie?

True Romance w/ Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette, Gary Oldman, etc...

Not really a romantic comedy, but a violent action film with romance and funny moments.

As bloody as it is, I still think the relationship between Slater and Arquette's characters is one of the sweetest I've ever seen on film. It even has a happy ending...sort of. :)

My favorite romantic movie (which I don't think is cheesy at all) is "Before Sunrise," with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. An American guy meets an American girl on a train, and they exchange small talk and pleasantries. They both are intrigued by each other. As the guy is about to get off the train at his stop, he decides on the spur of the moment to forsake that plan and ask her to spend the rest of the day with her, if she wants to. She accepts, and the rest of the movie is essentially the rest of the day. They spend the remaining hours getting to know each other, wandering through the streets of Vienna, sharing their lives and themselves --- both aware that the likelihood of them seeing each other again is slim considering he has to go back to the US and she is heading to Paris to go to school (hence the title.) At the last moment before he leaves, they realize they have fallen for each other, and have to decide if they are willing to go on about their lives and never see each other again.

I am sort of cynical by nature, but I just can't help but be charmed by it. My synopsis probably sounds silly, but I didn't do it justice. Probably not everyone's cup of tea, as the movie is just a long conversation as the two flirt and talk as they walk through Europe, but I was utterly absorbed. And there's a sequel, too... I'm a sucker, I know.

JustLost said:
True Romance w/ Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette, Gary Oldman, etc...

Not really a romantic comedy, but a violent action film with romance and funny moments.

Nope, not a comedy but a pretty good movie.

I would probably go with "A Walk in the Clouds" or "Ladyhawke". While they may have comedic moments, the are not comedies.

I forget what it was called, but man...it was a downer. Something "November" with Keanu Reeves and I think Charlize Theron? I was just channel flipping one night at like, 2 in the morning, caught it, watched it, then ran down to Walgreens to get some tissues. :(

Not that I've seen that many but the ones I've enjoyed...

Notting Hill
Pride & Prejudice (The latest version)
Love Actually
Titanic

And lots of people say "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" is such a great movie. Can't believe I missed it! Hope it will show up on TV soon

Rawr! said:
I forget what it was called, but man...it was a downer. Something "November" with Keanu Reeves and I think Charlize Theron? I was just channel flipping one night at like, 2 in the morning, caught it, watched it, then ran down to Walgreens to get some tissues. :(

hahaha wow. So its fair to say that Keanu Reeves brought you to tears? lol just joshin ya.

errm I like 'You Kill Me' Ben Kingsley, Tea Leoni. It's mostly a comdey, but its sweet. Oh and now I have this thing for bald old men. Actually scratch that, just Ben Kingsley.

OK ok, and I like Ever After. *Cringe*. I know, I know. It has nostalgic weight.

Titanic, baby. oh yeah. lolz

nah just kidding, its one of them, but not my fav.

it would really have to be The Lake House. Its so..corny, but so adorable at the same time

Heroes of the East. Kung Fu-involved domestic violence has never been so awesome.

[youtube]Z3ToVOU8Xmo[/youtube]

Unacceptance said:
Heroes of the East. Kung Fu-involved domestic violence has never been so awesome.

[youtube]Z3ToVOU8Xmo[/youtube]

hahahhaaa that movie looks the honeysuckle, especially the rural fight scene, lmao.

Latest posts

Back