Running away

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aedammair

Reaction score
I know this may sound wierd but I would like some opinions. When I was a little kid I always wanted to run away. Now the thought is going through my mind again.
I was talking to a friend about this and he told me that he had very nearly run away last summer. He told me that if I ever truly made up my mind to go to let him know and he would go with me. I told him the same.
It has gotten me thinking on where I would go, what I would do, how I would live. I don't think I would do it in the way of the night. I wondering if we could actually pull it off.
What do you guys think? About any of it.

Aedammair

P.S. I know it is a little crazy but bear with me. I am probably just fantasizing.

hmm i use to think about much when i was younger like in 8th grade

i thought it would be cool to just go off and live in the middle of nowhere

like the movie into the wild, you know only without the slowly dying of starvation part

i just thought that'd be so cool

maybe you should go camping in the middle of nowhere its just as good a laugh :) it would avoid the potential starvation problem although u can get a lot of rice for a tenner....lol

Well, I've actually run away before. Nothing happens really. It's exciting and kind of fun in a stressful way. We tend to associate our unhappiness with our surroundings, and then rationally think that to change our mental state we must change our environment.

It might work, but it seems that the novelty wears off and you are often stressed out, just by new problems. I seems foolish to try to change our mental state by moving through space from one point to another. It probably is worth the experience though. Where were you hoping to go?

SOmewhere where there is mountains. generally somewhere in the west. If I were to actually do it I would find the girl of my dreams, tell her I'm crazy about her, and if she feels the same stay somewhere close to her. otherwise I would probalby go to washington. The friend I was talking to used to live there. Utah or Washington are the two most likely places. I think if I were to run away with my friend I would stay somewhat in civilization. I used to want to run away just to live in the wilderness. Now I don't know. :p

Aedammair

Running away would make it worse. You will realise pretty quick that you dont have it that bad.
Also, I life leason, running away from your problems only makes them worse.

Everyone need sometime alone. It's actaully healthy.
Peaple runaway all the freaken time...
In an industrial society...it's call a fucken vacation...
Be a good little worker...bussy..bussy fucken bee then you'll earn a vacation.

Don't worry...when you obtain more responsiblities of an adult
you'll wanna run away all the fucken time from ;.......
Screaming bosses, psycho ***** of a partner, ungrateful children,
blood sucking bill collectors, uncle fucken Sam, retarded neighbors,
misery loves company friends, stalking ex-gf, full of guilt clergymen...
Last but not least...your own fucken shadow.lmao

The part of you that wants to escape or runaway is actaully the healthy part of you.
It's a part of you that'n not nuratic or wants to conformed to whatever the fresia...
You're not a robot. You are a human being.
You simply feel like your life is beyound your control at the moment....so you wanna runaway
becuase it's a remind that you are FREE...you want freedom. You want to spread you wings
and fly...

I've run away from home before. I wouldn't bother with it again. When the time comes and you have/need to return home, all the problems that you thought you were running away from, are still there.

It's normally more worthwhile to try and solve the problem rather than try escaping from it. I know its easier said than done :(

I am thinking that I may actually do it. However I am going to do it under "moving out". I have decided that I do not want to live my life in the shadow of my siblings and parents. I do not want to live in a life where everything is given to me and why aren't you grateful. I am going to live life as is for the present but as soon as summers over I am out. I will be back. I'm not going to hide from my problems. Problems must be confronted to rid yourself of them. All these steel strings holding me here are driving me crazy. I realize that once I am away from my current situation life will be no easier. More than likely it will be harder. I feel that it is necessary for my own growth that I carve my own path out of the rocks rather than tread upon the paths of every average Joe out there. It will be an adventure. NOt the kind that poets sing about. They never tell how the hero gets stuck in the rain or gets ripped off. This will be one within the confines of reality and possibility.

Aedammair

Aedammair said:
I know this may sound wierd but I would like some opinions. When I was a little kid I always wanted to run away. Now the thought is going through my mind again.
I was talking to a friend about this and he told me that he had very nearly run away last summer. He told me that if I ever truly made up my mind to go to let him know and he would go with me. I told him the same.
It has gotten me thinking on where I would go, what I would do, how I would live. I don't think I would do it in the way of the night. I wondering if we could actually pull it off.
What do you guys think? About any of it
Aedammair

P.S. I know it is a little crazy but bear with me. I am probably just fantasizing.

i am thinking the exact same thing, but i am also planning ahead, that's why i am waiting for graduation next summer and hope i found a job after externship, so i can take care of myself. and my family are not very supportive to my depression and my behaviors lately because of it, they don't understand why i should be sad, or angry, or quiet, or stay alone most of the time. my sisters thinks that as the youngest i have it so good, and i am not at all grateful. my parents i am just ignoring them right now, and pretend they don;t exist around the house, when they call i don't answer behind my locked door. i guess you can do it if you can afford, it should bring you the peace you're looking for. and be less or not stressful

Sarpirus said:
Well, I've actually run away before. Nothing happens really. It's exciting and kind of fun in a stressful way. We tend to associate our unhappiness with our surroundings, and then rationally think that to change our mental state we must change our environment.

It might work, but it seems that the novelty wears off and you are often stressed out, just by new problems. I seems foolish to try to change our mental state by moving through space from one point to another. It probably is worth the experience though. Where were you hoping to go?

i am scared of that also. i just have to suck it up and face new problems instead of dwelling on the old ones, not knowing what change there is out there. you don't have to take honeysuckle from nobody, because you're afraid of the outcomes or the bigger consequences of your reactions might be. they might be good, not always bad ones

Lonesome Crow said:

The part of you that wants to escape or runaway is actaully the healthy part of you.
It's a part of you that'n not nuratic or wants to conformed to whatever the fresia...
You simply feel like your life is beyound your control at the moment....so you wanna runaway
becuase it's a remind that you are FREE...you want freedom. You want to spread you wings
and fly...

i totally love lonesomecrow advice, they are encouraging to me

Everyone should read Into The Wild :D. I read the book and I LOVED IT. n_n

"So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more dangerous to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."
— Chris McCandless

"It should not be denied... that being footloose has always exhilarated us. It is associated in our minds with escape from history and oppression and law and irksome obligations, with absolute freedom, and the road has always led West."
— Wallace Stegner

Christopher McCandless: The core of mans’ spirit comes from new experiences.

intothewild.jpg

That... was... amazing :O. Dang. That quote by Chris honestly seems to be what I am feeling. I have always felt a pull to the west. Don't know how far I will go. That story Into the Wild sounds like a good one.
I am going to have to look into reading the book or seeing the movie. :D

Aedammair

P.S. When I go I'll try not to starve to death or die like McCandless;)

Aedammair said:
That... was... amazing :O. Dang. That quote by Chris honestly seems to be what I am feeling. I have always felt a pull to the west. Don't know how far I will go. That story Into the Wild sounds like a good one.
I am going to have to look into reading the book or seeing the movie. :D

Aedammair

P.S. When I go I'll try not to starve to death or die like McCandless;)

I hear the book was better than the movie. Oh and you should also check out Walden by: Henry David Thoreau. He was a man who went to live in a log cabin in the wilderness and he wrote about solitude and getting away from civilization. Chris quotes him a ton in the book Into The Wild.

Lonesome Crow said:

and fly...

That's simply wonderful.

Latest posts

Back