Rush gets inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeaningIntoTheMuse

Reaction score
So it's been done. The greatest heavy metal rock band, rock band period, ever has been inducted into the R&RHOF.

Given that Genesis were inducted in 2010, and now Rush is in, and Floyd has been in for years, it has merit again. I'm proud to have owned a season pass to that place!

Anyway, anybody seen the speech that Geddy, Neil, and Alex gave? Neil's one was beautiful, Geddy's was sweet, and Alex's was just hilarious (what speech, it was comedy.) I love these three guys, and they always put out a good album and good show (seeing them live for the second time this summer), so I'm proud to say I'm a Rush fan!

It's amazing that all three of the best types of personalities are included in one band. As far as I'm concerned, Rush should have been inducted a long time before a lot of their recent inductees. Not the greatest band ever IMO :p but still fantastic. As a drummer Neil Peart is a god.

I tend to like Yes and Genesis better than Rush, but I'd rather hang out with the members of Rush than the members of Yes and Genesis (barring Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, Trevor Rabin, and Jon Anderson, all of who seem to be rather easygoing.)

It's amazing that Rush released their first album in 1974. In their almost 40 year studio career, they have YET to release a bad album. Every album is a masterpiece, even their debut.

Oh, and favorite Rush album? Not possible. I can't pick less than 10 favorites.

I would disagree with that assessment. :p Then again the music I listen to tends to be on the harder end of the spectrum.

Latest posts

Back