Russia invades Ukraine and takes control of Chernobyl.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's territorial and people of donbas are secondary but if they feel like being with russia and not ukronazis they have the right to ask for help and receive it. If i was in their situation i would've done same. Yes i watch RT and every other news network from different countries with different opinions. Then i form my own opinion. One news network in the states briefly showed the entire map of ukraine in flames. Made me laugh. I'm surrounded by ignorance and stupidity. Not shocked how everyone swallows this nonsense. Anyone who jumps to conclusions should make an effort to learn history, cultures, politics. It's too much effort. Better to grab a burger, popcorn, netflix and chill and pray for ukraine lol.
I think they have much more chances to become a "buffer zone". I think that goverment (and not only russian ) always tell this story about helping civilians and fighting with the terrorists or smth like this but people are always on the last place, they are forgotten as soon as the men with the power get what they want.
I like this idea:
All the leaders on all sides should be leading the troops into battle.

Judging by climate change growing rate, in 2050 there will be Palm Trees growing in Russia.
" Hey mom, where we will go to seaside for vacation? " - " In Russia my son, in Russia. ".
But.... You don't need to wait for so long, I bet there are palm trees in Sochi right now. Siberia my son, Siberia!

don't be scared. when putin enters your royal palace you'll be in my jet to my private personal fantasy island in the caribbean. putin will join us later ;)🤣
Don't forget to send a jet for a modest scientist )

So what are folks predictions, what will be outcome, where will it end.
Our descendants will read about it and will think we were wild and nuts. And the flowers will grow on Mars. Or may be the coackroaches will be the kings here soon, maybe they become intelligant. Can you imagine, a coackroach showing his/her kids the human's bones in a museum: "the scientist are not sure how they dissapeared". But the flowers will grow on Mars anyway, they don't care, who water them.

I think they have much more chances to become a "buffer zone". I think that goverment (and not only russian ) always tell this story about helping civilians and fighting with the terrorists or smth like this but people are always on the last place, they are forgotten as soon as the men with the power get what they want.
I like this idea:

Don't forget to send a jet for a modest scientist )

I hope they become whatever THEY choose to become. Not any other country.

Fantasy i will send my fantasy jet for a fantasy scientist you to fly to my fantasy island.

So what are folks predictions, what will be outcome, where will it end.

I feel like the outcome will be regime change for Ukraine, but this is going to be a bad look for Putin for some time. Maybe there will be more opposition to him at home. Maybe it will even be the start of the end of his career.

I think that, due to the increased connectedness of the world, a lot of people are going to feel repercussions of this, outside of either Ukraine or Russia. And I think it's because of that connectedness that we really have to start thinking of how to solve things beyond war now, cause it disrupts the whole world, not just where the fighting is taking place.

I know it's territorial and people of donbas are secondary but if they feel like being with russia and not ukronazis they have the right to ask for help and receive it. If i was in their situation i would've done same. Yes i watch RT and every other news network from different countries with different opinions. Then i form my own opinion. One news network in the states briefly showed the entire map of ukraine in flames. Made me laugh. I'm surrounded by ignorance and stupidity. Not shocked how everyone swallows this nonsense. Anyone who jumps to conclusions should make an effort to learn history, cultures, politics. It's too much effort. Better to grab a burger, popcorn, netflix and chill and pray for ukraine lol.

The Donbas region won't be getting self-determination any time soon.

It's strange having just read a lot of about the outbreak of both WWI and WWII and to wake up with the BBC screaming in my ear "Russia invades Ukraine!" So it actually did happen, I was beginning to doubt that it would. It's very hard to reach any kind of objective viewpoint in such power plays. All sides have their reasons and their propaganda and I'm in no position to really know what's going on overall. Though, having followed the news out of Ukraine since the Orange Revolution and once having known some people who lived there, I'm actually surprised that it didn't happen sooner. I think Russia might want its old U.S.S.R. breakaway republics back and Ukraine seemed to be the one that, from their viewpoint, went the most "astray." I don't know if once they takeover Ukraine, and I think they eventually will, whether they will carry on to other border countries or not. This may end up being just a trip into Ukraine or perhaps it's a test run for further adventures? I don't know. All I know is that it resembles far too much many events that occurred prior to some of the deadliest events the human race has ever perpetrated upon itself, the two world wars of the Twentieth Century. We have such short memories. I hope it stops here, but who knows? I sure don't.

It's strange having just read a lot of about the outbreak of both WWI and WWII and to wake up with the BBC screaming in my ear "Russia invades Ukraine!" So it actually did happen, I was beginning to doubt that it would. It's very hard to reach any kind of objective viewpoint in such power plays. All sides have their reasons and their propaganda and I'm in no position to really know what's going on overall. Though, having followed the news out of Ukraine since the Orange Revolution and once having known some people who lived there, I'm actually surprised that it didn't happen sooner. I think Russia might want its old U.S.S.R. breakaway republics back and Ukraine seemed to be the one that, from their viewpoint, went the most "astray." I don't know if once they takeover Ukraine, and I think they eventually will, whether they will carry on to other border countries or not. This may end up being just a trip into Ukraine or perhaps it's a test run for further adventures? I don't know. All I know is that it resembles far too much many events that occurred prior to some of the deadliest events the human race has ever perpetrated upon itself, the two world wars of the Twentieth Century. We have such short memories. I hope it stops here, but who knows? I sure don't.
I'm not a history buff. I wish I was so I could compare other events to this one. But, it seems like Ukraine was going to get zero protection and Russia knew it. The Red line is drawn at the borders. But, the US in the recent past drew several Red lines that got crossed and we backed down. So, it made the US look weak. That might make Putin believe he can cross the borders just a little bit as a test like you said.

When I was in the military we got a chance to meet up with a soviet ship. Previously I was told how horrible, nasty, and mean the Russians were. I was in shock when I intermingled with them. They looked just like us. They seemed more friendly then we were. They really wanted to get Levi brand jeans too. We spent a few hours trading stuff back and forth. Then we went our separate ways.

That got me to thinking. These guys are just like us. Why in the hell would I kill them. I don't want to do that.

Maybe some day the masses will be able to rule the different countries and make the big decisions instead of a few spoiled elites who see no real loss in fighting and war. I don't remember what movie it was but there were screens everywhere and people could vote on everything at any time. Maybe that's what we should have in place.

Voting to go to war or not in 5 minutes. Ballots will be closing at the top of the next hour.

Last edited:
It's more perception of a threat than the reality - if the average Russian citizen believes their state is being surrounding by a hostile entity, then they'll support their strongman. As sad as it is, many Russians, possibly a majority even considering the manipulated stats, approve of the regime.
At least in the big cities I think it's not a majority due to a data from elections. Mostly old people approve, but.. they told "I'd rather be poor than it will be war. Putin will protect us from the war".
I also think if it was real majority there would be no need in a lie, forcing people to vote, fighting with with srmy against the peacful protests , arresting for likes in Facebook etc.
In poor small regions people approve regyme as they have nothing but TV and they mostly are thinking of getting a food for their children. Ask those enemy-theoretical and I bet they would moove to Europe without any doubts if they could.
Also a lot of people have the relatives, friends in Ukraine, I don't know how they will believe in all that enemy-story. I think Putin has lost more voices, but he don't care. They would draw him 146%, no problem. In reality he avoid people, he's afraid of them. He dare to tell that people are with him, that they are for bombing their own grandmothers.

First they told about "special operation in Donbass", now it's a "demilitarization of Ukraine". But they don't bomb Ukraine. But they do, but only military objects, but they don't. No idea what it will be tomorrow.
Yeap, "war is peace". It's happening here now.(it's a quote from 1984 by Orwell).

Guess I'm a dangerous enemy of Russia now, I talk to the enemies(that's all of you) and tell you the big secrets. And it's only a half joke nowaday. And even more, I don't have TV(this is a joke for now, but who knows)

When I was in the military we got a chance to meet up with a soviet ship. Previously I was told how horrible, nasty, and mean the Russians were. I was in shock when I intermingled with them. They looked just like us. They seemed more friendly then we were. They really wanted to get Levi brand jeans too. We spent a few hours trading stuff back and forth. Then we went our separate ways.

Yeap, it's how goverments work. It's difficult for a human to kill other humans but if they are not humans but the real devils drinking babies blood, than it's more easy. It was used even before 20 century. I wish it was told to the kids at school.

Updated P. S.
Yesterday people here got a cash because they were afraid their accounts would be blocked. And I was thinking of... downloading books, I was afraid Internet would be blocked.
Make books not war.

Last edited:
The absurdity of this morning's news, was unimaginable and profound. Bleak correspondents reporting live from war torn areas. Interchanging links stream videos of the current worse if the atrocities. All the worse spoken in sombre tones.

then within a blink, perky upbeat presenters discuss Z-list celebrities and their insecurities; someone has had more surgery, and has been seen topless!

Needless death and destruction is occurring, which will have consequences around the world in terms of food, has shortages, etc. But we still must be force fed trivial bits of information about self absorbed celebrities, most of who couldn't find Ukraine on a map. Oh, but that's ok, because Megan Fox, sizzles.

I agree with you, ewomack! Sadly my new diagnosis of bell palsy makes it difficult to read and type. However, I am still out here enjoying my smart forum friends.

The more things change the more they stay the same. The BBC news channels main anchor all day today is Yalda Hakim, an Afghan refugee who's family were forced to flee during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

"invades" lol more like restores order and gets rid of ukronazis. i've heard all sides of this story. bbc... lol Hitler is "turning in his grave" lol russia invades ukraine. washington is next :D))))))))

The absurdity of this morning's news, was unimaginable and profound. Bleak correspondents reporting live from war torn areas. Interchanging links stream videos of the current worse if the atrocities. All the worse spoken in sombre tones.

then within a blink, perky upbeat presenters discuss Z-list celebrities and their insecurities; someone has had more surgery, and has been seen topless!

Needless death and destruction is occurring, which will have consequences around the world in terms of food, has shortages, etc. But we still must be force fed trivial bits of information about self absorbed celebrities, most of who couldn't find Ukraine on a map. Oh, but that's ok, because Megan Fox, sizzles.
It's so crazy to me. Even I wonder if it's really occuring or not because the news presents it so, well, like you were saying, on par with stupid meaningless celebrity gossip. So, how can it be real? If it was real they would talk about it, educate people on the facts, and ignore all the stupid stories. But they don't. It's just crazy.

gas food rent prices in the states are increasing. ukraine getting hundreds of millions of dollars in "aid". i can't remember how many billions idiots wasted on that shithole ukraine. now it affects the entire planet. a bunch of fuckups. the worst part is nobody around me even know where ukraine is or care about the conflict. not only ukraine but any conflict anywhere on the planet.

It's so crazy to me. Even I wonder if it's really occuring or not because the news presents it so, well, like you were saying, on par with stupid meaningless celebrity gossip. So, how can it be real? If it was real they would talk about it, educate people on the facts, and ignore all the stupid stories. But they don't. It's just crazy.

i stopped following the news overwhelmed here with my own war. russians really control chernobyl. europe will be safe.

Latest posts

Back