Scars and/or birthmarks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRealCallie

Princess Pink Love
Reaction score
I did a search, but I couldn't really find any threads like this. There are mentions of both in some threads, but nothing just for them, so I thought I'd make one.

Do you have any? Do they bother you or do you think they make you unique?

I have a small birthmark on my foot, but it's barely noticeable, so I don't really care about that. I have several scars, some you can't really see unless you know they are there, some from surgeries and then a rather large scar on my ass....but we won't talk about that one or my own stupidity that caused it. lol Then of course there are the stretch marks from having my children and being fat and losing the weight. I would say those probably both me the most, but not too much, since they've faded over the years.

I have 2 birthmarks, one on my back and one on my scalp. The hair in that spot has always been closer to blonde than red. My son has the same little patch in the same area and his hair is a different shade as well. I’m sure there is a reason for it but I’ve never bothered to find out. When I see people with random patches of light hair I just think “oh, they have a birthmark there”
Scars I have but nothing noticeable or extreme.

I had a birth mark. It's faded now. It was a W shape on my inguen. I suppose it could have been an M if you looked at it upside down.

Scars, yeah, lots of them. Nothing disfiguring. Just discomfort. The worst is where a drill-press mishap sliced my wrist to the bone and severed the media nerve. My left hand always gives me fits. Nerves are weird.

Mine is on the pinky of my left hand on the side.
Just a little bump. No discoloration, less than half the size of my pinky fingernail, barely noticeable unless you're looking for it.
Although the weird thing is that all 3 generations of the men in my family, me, my father, and my grandfather, all have it in that exact spot. :unsure:

And as for scars, I'm littered with them, just none that are visible. Most are on my legs, one on my finger, one on my eyebrow, some on my wrists that nobody thankfully ever asks me about, but that's about it.

I don't have any birthmarks, and only have one scar that I can think of. It was from when I fell off my bike when I was a kid and scraped the skin on my elbow. It never really healed back properly.

It's not all that visible anymore, and I think it has been slowly fading over time. But the incident was probably over 25 years ago now.

I have a few birthmarks, the most noticeable being the mole in the crook of my left arm. As to scars, I have a couple - both due to carelessness on my part. An upside-down V-shaped scar on my thumb where I sliced myself open with a hedge trimmer and a row of stitches on the bottom of my foot when I stepped on a glass getting out of bed and it shattered underfoot. Amazing how much your foot will bleed!!

I fell off my bike when I was a kid and scraped the skin on my elbow. It never really healed back properly.
Odd. I fell from a bike on my first ever ride. I scraped up the whole left side of my face. One of those slow bleed road rash injuries. Scabbed horribly. No scars. I never considered that before.

I've sliced the tops off of three fingers. Two were glued back on. One is considered an amputation, but you'd never notice it. It went from the top of the thumb down one side nearly to the knuckle.

Did you know fingerprints grow back?

a row of stitches on the bottom of my foot when I stepped on a glass getting out of bed and it shattered underfoot. Amazing how much your foot will bleed!!

Oh! I did that on a piece of glass at the beach. I think they bleed a lot because gravity fills your feet up. :D

As I may have said before on one of the previous posts you mention, I have a number of scars. I have a scan on my right side, just above my ribs where I had a tumor removed when I was very little. I have another one which runs down the length of my back from spinal fusion surgery that I had, and lastly one that wraps itself around the length of one of my arms, from the wrist to the shoulder from de-bulking surgery I had. I have no issues with any of my scars and in a weird sort of way kind of like them. They remind me of all that I have been through and how strong I've had to be to get through it.

While I don't have any birth marks, I was born with Ptosis which I still have and I am a pretty weird shape due to scoliosis. I have a few neurofibroma here and there but these could be a lot worse than they are. I tell myself that none of this really bothers me, I've grown up with it all so I am pretty much used to it, but I guess deep deep down it does have some sort of negative impact.

Odd. I fell from a bike on my first ever ride. I scraped up the whole left side of my face. One of those slow bleed road rash injuries. Scabbed horribly. No scars. I never considered that before.

I've sliced the tops off of three fingers. Two were glued back on. One is considered an amputation, but you'd never notice it. It went from the top of the thumb down one side nearly to the knuckle.

Can you control and feel the fingertips that were glued back on? Or are they reattached, but the nerves aren't connected anymore?

And I had no idea fingerprints grew back. Sometimes on TV shows, I've seen characters use acid to burn off their fingerprints so they won't leave any behind. It makes me wonder if that method really works, or if it's a myth.

Tony Iommi lost the tips of a couple of fingers on his left hand in an industrial accident, if he hadn't we'd never have had Black Sabbaths evil, doom laden sound or maybe modern heavy metal music at all.

Can you control and feel the fingertips that were glued back on? Or are they reattached, but the nerves aren't connected anymore?

And I had no idea fingerprints grew back. Sometimes on TV shows, I've seen characters use acid to burn off their fingerprints so they won't leave any behind. It makes me wonder if that method really works, or if it's a myth.
It was just the tips, but yes, nerve damage. They were completely numb but feeling grew back, sort of a vague sense like I know I'm touching something but no idea what it might be.

Yes the acid fingerprint remover really works. They'll grow back even through scar tissue. It was 1980 so no real recollection of time but I think they took years or so to return.

I have a scar on my throat from cervical fusion. It looks like someone cut my throat. Wait... someone did, but you know what I mean.

I have scars on both shoulders from rotator cuff surgery. Microscopy. Teeny tiny little pin hole scars. I've had worse from pimples.

Last edited:
I've small scars around my right ankle joint where the docs had to go in for a bit of surgery when I was a kid. Four scars dotted around chest and stomach which were the remnants of keyhole surgery a few years back. One of which being just on the inside (lower part) of my navel. What the f##k were they thinking off going in through there? That's just perverted man. o_O

...a rather large scar on my ass....but we won't talk about that one...

Now come on. I am sure that I made it perfectly clear to you that I really didn't know how to do a "vacuum butt lift" and that we and the Hoover would be figuring it out as we went along.

...you would have to help figure out how to do such a thing...

I did a search, but I couldn't really find any threads like this. There are mentions of both in some threads, but nothing just for them, so I thought I'd make one.

Do you have any? Do they bother you or do you think they make you unique?

I have a small birthmark on my foot, but it's barely noticeable, so I don't really care about that. I have several scars, some you can't really see unless you know they are there, some from surgeries and then a rather large scar on my ass....but we won't talk about that one or my own stupidity that caused it. lol Then of course there are the stretch marks from having my children and being fat and losing the weight. I would say those probably both me the most, but not too much, since they've faded over the years.
Well, I think you're lying. Unless I can see it, I won't believe it....😈😈😈

I have a scar on my stomach, from my more, let's say rock n roll days. I have a spot somewhere on top of my head where hair never grew back, a scar from when a bike ran over my head. Another one under an eye, but it's practically invisible. I also have a few spots, I don't know what they are called, "grains de beauté" in french, at different places. None of them overly bother me. All of them are dwarfed by that big appendage I have hanging there...that **** nose. 😡

Latest posts

Back