Seeing what happens

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an observation, but currently 138 people have viewed my first post, and yet only 4 people welcomed me here. I don't know what that says about the forum. I guess there could be a few reasons.

sorry I didn't see this thread before I just got back ruffly about maybe a week ago after taking a long break from this site usually (I think I mentioned this before to you) but mainly I keep to my own threads and study but I feel rude as to not saying hello to you before we have chatted from here and there but officially (welcome) I hope you are enjoying the site and your time here is hopefully less colorful as was mine but you will get it from time to time so please forgive my rudeness Welcome to the site have a wonderful rest of your day and if you ever wish to chat you can always reach out to me whenever you feel like. (or not that's fine as well) look forward to reading your posts as I have already done so from time to time.

@Bam111 you're all good man. Hey, I would never expect a 100% return, but it was a surprise that so little engaged.
thanks for that and I do understand what it is that you are saying I used to feel the same way when I first started where are all the others? why are they not engaging but then by surprise the more I started to post the more I started to pay attention to how many views my threads (some not all were getting (I don't pay attention to the views as a sense of oh I'm getting attention I see them as people are engaged enough to at least see what it is I have to say or think when I amatively believe have nothing to offer in the beginning of my journey I then met more people here and there in other threads and tried to engage more with others sometimes I was met with positivity some with negativity all the while I was learning not only about others but about myself. I am a very secluded person I can't go out into large places without catching savvier anxiety due to my mental condition and my upbringing. I was secluded most my life and never taught how to engage with others and the only thing I ever received from my parent was negative feedback (I won't go into it because it's the past and is already reconciled and forgiven.)

A little more about me I am currently going to school to help others like myself I am studying how to become a mental health psychologist to help others like me and give back to those who have helped me through my dark times. (What am I getting at?) sorry to the point.

not all of us are social creatures by nature we wish to be social but due to circumstances either in or out of are control we might not all engage but we also do engage by being active and viewing what one another has to say or think. They show engagement in a different way either by viewing sharing or just actively revisiting are threads (How do I know this?) I don't believe there is 7k people on this site who have viewed my things that make you think thread so what that means to me is that they are invested in my content and as well sometimes share but even when they don't they have showed me great respect as to allow me to be able to continue my posting for their enjoyment and visit from time to time to show they do engage even if they don't say it to me that's how I feel and it makes me happy and gives me the courage to continue to share.

hope this didn't drag on for 2 long just wanted to point this out that maybe we all don't engage in the ways one hopes but we all engage in some way have a great day :)

Last edited:
but currently 138 people have viewed my first post, and yet only 4 people welcomed me

You may notice down on the bottom left of the page, currently showing Total: 162 (members: 11, guests: 151)

According to XenForo developer Chris D in the example above all 162 can increment the post views, but here only the 11 members in the example above can post. The guests can't post and most of them aren't even people.

Also repeat visits will increment it.

And a belated welcome :)

You may notice down on the bottom left of the page, currently showing Total: 162 (members: 11, guests: 151)

And a belated welcome :)
Thx and yes I understand those stats, but I did post over two weeks ago, so I guess I expected more, but that's me; always expecting too much from other people lol

Thx and yes I understand those stats, but I did post over two weeks ago, so I guess I expected more, but that's me; always expecting too much from other people lol

I can understand expecting more. There are people here.

It is just that saying "...currently 138 people have viewed my first post..." it did sound like you thought 138 people had viewed your post.

I can understand expecting more. There are people here.

It is just that saying "...currently 138 people have viewed my first post..." it did sound like you thought 138 people had viewed your post.
Oh wait, I did get a little confused there. I know at any one time there can be guests viewing that can't post, but then my brain did something else can calculated stuff that wasn't there and so on and so forth and blah blah blah, but I was expecting more response hahahahaha. All good. I'm not letting it get to me :)

A lot of the "guests" aren't even people. In fact most of them aren't. Unless they are spam bots they aren't going to reply to anything.

But yes, you could think that more people would welcome the new people, but again, if we were all that good in the social spaces we might not be here to begin with.

Latest posts

Back