Serious ?. Do you think people are getting dumber?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a vegan, I am HORRENDOUSLY offended that you have lumped me in with...politicians.
View attachment 7301

You should check out ANY conversation George Stephanopoulos has with anyone. He's so arrogant and interrupts people ALL the time.

They definitely do that....for everything. lol
Vegans are scary lool but yeah maybe its just our news stations always shows the Trump side bullying the other side

Well I'm a little confused now.
When you say "debates with Trump supporters", to whom are you actually referring?
Do you mean people online, like political websites such as mediaite.com?
Or commentators on TV like Sean Hannity?
Because I can tell you that commentators who favored Obama and now favor Biden are every bit as one sided and unwilling to compromise, and can be downright nasty. Some examples are Lawrence O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo and especially Joy Reid.
Deffo the TV commentators, I watch in amazement while they come off as complete bullies.

Vegans are scary lool but yeah maybe its just our news stations always shows the Trump side bullying the other side

Deffo the TV commentators, I watch in amazement while they come off as complete bullies.
Many do, I agree.
But I also believe the UK (BBC?) outlets are focusing on the pro Trump ones because they tend to agree with the leftist ones like some I mentioned, so they are not showing you the bad behavior on their part.

Trump is a particularly stupid man who thinks he is very smart. Can't really blame that on tech though it's more likely genetics 😇 💥

Trump is a particularly stupid man who thinks he is very smart. Can't really blame that on tech though it's more likely genetics 😇 💥
This interview was done when Jimmy Carter (a HORRIBLE president) was still in office.
Does this sound like a "stupid" man?
Perhaps old age effects the human brain?

This interview was done when Jimmy Carter (a HORRIBLE president) was still in office.
Does this sound like a "stupid" man?
Perhaps old age effects the human brain?

Yeah, there's nothing there that says to me he's an intelligent, articulate or well educated man. What about this video strikes you as demonstrating his intelligence?.

Yeah, there's nothing there that says to me he's an intelligent, articulate or well educated man. What about this video strikes you as demonstrating his intelligence?.
I didn't ask you that, and I didn't state that I thought he was demonstrating outstanding intelligence.
You specifically stated the following:
Trump is a particularly stupid man
And I asked you if you believed the man in the video was stupid.

FYI, there have been smart presidents and not so smart ones.
IMO, I always found Obama to be not so smart.
I wouldn't call him stupid, as he was rather shrewd and had a skill for manipulating people who may not be so smart themselves, but he was by no means what I would call smart. Again, just IMO. And Biden, well...

I didn't ask you that, and I didn't state that I thoght he was demonstrating outstanding intelligence.
You specifically stated the following:

And I asked you if you believed the man in the video was stupid.
Oh yeah, 'kay, yeah I do. While his vocabulary seems not to be as simple as it is nowadays it's still very lacking, I don't know, or indeed care to know, what kind of education he had but I'm guessing with his background it wasn't cheap, I'd be bloody asking for a refund.

Are you trying to patronise me dear boy?
Nope just stating what I believe is the truth.
Some US presidents have been quite smart (Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence, Madison the Constitution, Washington and Jackson were brilliant military commanders, etc..) and some not so smart ones.
I don't think any could be called "stupid" though as it takes considerable skill to become president.

The exception would be Biden who was totally propped up by the very left leaning US media who needed someone, anyone, to defeat Trump, whom they hated. A younger Biden I would not consider "smart", but certainly at least average intelligence. But now? His brain is Swiss cheese. It's kind of sad, really, the way his handlers have him shuffle about. I'd feel sorry for him -- if my country was not being destroyed.

Nope just stating what I believe is the truth.
Some US presidents have been quite smart (Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence, Madison the Constitution, Washington and Jackson were brilliant military commanders, etc..) and some not so smart ones.
I don't think any could be called "stupid" though as it takes considerable skill to become president.

The exception would be Biden who was totally propped up by the very left leaning US media who needed someone, anyone, to defeat Trump, whom they hated. A younger Biden I would not consider "smart", but certainly at least average intelligence. But now? His brain is Swiss cheese. It's kind of sad, really, the way his handlers have him shuffle about. I'd feel sorry for him -- if my country was not being destroyed.
I feel for you guys mate, I really do. It's a flipping huge mess.

Damned right they are.
Stopping us from killing animals and eating them, wanting us all to eat plants like we're cannibals or something.
Who do they think they are?
.....🙃
No no its more the throwing red paint on me in my beautiful fur coat that makes them scary 😂

And it will continue to be as long as people vote for "the lesser of two evils" There are actually other people that run, but until all of America gets on board, they might as well not waste their time.
Be careful Callie, free thinking like that is frowned upon by most Governments and usually ends in revolution or incarceration. ;)

Omg I watched debates with trump supporters and I genuinely cant understand why they always seem to bully their opposition? Its like they say something offensive so they won, or they talk over the other person and then in their mind they have won the debate. Idk, very aggressive.

It's because Trump supporters tend to be the kind of people who believe in hierarchies, competition, and dominance, and believe some people are inherently/genetically better than others, and that your position in life is predetermined by the genes you were born with (Calvinism says the same thing, only with them the reason is God, instead of genes - that particular religious group always seemed more self-righteous and always rubbed me the wrong way, now I know why - and when you look at the people who first adopted it - professionals - it makes sense why they'd believe it, it's almost tailor-made for them). They tend to have, or aspire to have, the dominant personality - aka the bully personality.

If you're not making it, they'll tell you to work harder, but while not really believing that you can, because they don't believe you have the genes. Otherwise you would already be doing better naturally. They have a view of life that it necessarily HAS to be competition, warfare, misery.

That's what always rubbed me the wrong way about that - it is socially acceptable to say "work harder!" because for one, it is (on the surface) giving you hope, as opposed to telling you to give up, or resign yourself to your place - which would be rude, and paint the person saying it as the bad guy. It's all about preserving the image of the person saying these things, and society itself, as the good guy, and absolving society of blame. It frames it as the individual's fault instead of society's - if I'm not making it, it must be because I'm not working hard enough, and not that there is anything wrong with society. It's kind of like gaslighting.

On the lower end, this is the personality of your average school or workplace bully, who believes they are just better than you for some reason and constantly tries to assert dominance.
On the high end, that's where you'd find the actual Nazis.

Also I think it's important NOT to get too hung up on Trump - if there was no Trump, these people would support someone else with similar views. These kinds of people have always been here. I think it's more of a problem of a worldview we need to evolve out of, than the fault of any one person, and once we defeat that person the belief will go away. In that case, the belief will just rally around someone else.

Last edited:
Isn't there? With cancel culture and everyone being offended over everything? And things like ChatGPT and Google (or Bing or whatever you choose) doing everyone's homework for them.

Actually, I think people were always offended by these things. They just didn't speak up about it before because they didn't think they would be allowed to.

Even up to 2010 or so, if people had a problem with things, they still found themselves dealing with the "shut up, 'bundle of sticks'" attitude.

I don't think people are more sensitive now, they've just gotten bolder.

It's because Trump supporters tend to be the kind of people who believe in hierarchies, competition, and dominance, and believe some people are inherently/genetically better than others, and that your position in life is predetermined by the genes you were born with (Calvinism says the same thing, only with them the reason is God, instead of genes - that particular religious group always seemed more self-righteous and always rubbed me the wrong way, now I know why - and when you look at the people who first adopted it - professionals - it makes sense why they'd believe it, it's almost tailor-made for them). They tend to have, or aspire to have, the dominant personality - aka the bully personality.

If you're not making it, they'll tell you to work harder, but while not really believing that you can, because they don't believe you have the genes. Otherwise you would already be doing better naturally. They have a view of life that it necessarily HAS to be competition, warfare, misery.

That's what always rubbed me the wrong way about that - it is socially acceptable to say "work harder!" because for one, it is (on the surface) giving you hope, as opposed to telling you to give up, or resign yourself to your place - which would be rude, and paint the person saying it as the bad guy. It's all about preserving the image of the person saying these things, and society itself, as the good guy, and absolving society of blame. It frames it as the individual's fault instead of society's - if I'm not making it, it must be because I'm not working hard enough, and not that there is anything wrong with society. It's kind of like gaslighting.

On the lower end, this is the personality of your average school or workplace bully, who believes they are just better than you for some reason and constantly tries to assert dominance.
On the high end, that's where you'd find the actual Nazis.

Also I think it's important NOT to get too hung up on Trump - if there was no Trump, these people would support someone else with similar views. These kinds of people have always been here. I think it's more of a problem of a worldview we need to evolve out of, than the fault of any one person, and once we defeat that person the belief will go away. In that case, the belief will just rally around someone else.
I agree but dont you think the way politics is debated has changed since he came on the scene? ✨ I think thats what added to his appeal he brought in a common tone and style everyone is familiar with, and a bit of a bullying undertone, you know?

Latest posts

Back