Setting yourself up to be someone that your not

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
Do you think or believe that the media that you see on the news or social media is just trying to set yourself up to be someone that your not,by trying to make you believe in all of the bullshit that they tell you?I feel that all the social media and the news is just trying to make you believe in all the lies that they tell you,and by you thinking that it's all true,and they want you to believe that it's true when it's really not,so you become someone that your not,by you thinking that all of the bullshit is real,but deep down you know that the news and social media is all lies,thoughts on this.

Well, most people are sheepeople and need to be told what to do and what to think. So, yes, the media, large corporations, and the politicians fill that need.

However, I continually find that by NOT doing what most do it is a WAY more difficult life. It's like swimming against the tide.

Last edited:
well I'm a bit off I don't really use social networking like tiktok, instagram, facebook, twitter I haven't really paid any attention to the media I hardly watch television as of late so I'm not up to date on movies, series music I know mostly outdated music nothing really current I do watch some documentaries and shows but mostly on a channel not to many ppl know about or if they do would say it's not a normal station it's called Gaia.

Do you think or believe that the media that you see on the news or social media is just trying to set yourself up to be someone that your not,by trying to make you believe in all of the bullshit that they tell you?I feel that all the social media and the news is just trying to make you believe in all the lies that they tell you,and by you thinking that it's all true,and they want you to believe that it's true when it's really not,so you become someone that your not,by you thinking that all of the bullshit is real,but deep down you know that the news and social media is all lies,thoughts on this.
*spam link removed*

Last edited by a moderator:
Third thread about the media (and they are nearly identical....) You writing a book? Doing some research?

Last I checked, YOU (generalized you, not personalized you) are in charge of what you choose to believe and not believe, so what does it matter? I'd say most people are pretending to be someone they aren't, but not because of the media.

There's nearly 8,000,000,000 People on the planet, right?
So try to take all of your thoughts and feelings that you can muster up, and all of your hopes, dreams and experiences, and multiply that by 8,000,000,000.
The Macrocosm is dependent upon the Microcosm in order to exist.

So in a kind of comical, kind of crude way of putting it:
3894374f5071e1dfcbdd13492f14785231511695cb003c157d651df080ee2bb4_1.jpg

Hello and welcome

That guy is a spammer. Notice how his post isn't on-topic at all, and he didn't say anything in his reply to you other than to post his link. I wouldn't engage with him. I flagged his post earlier.

It probably goes without saying but DON'T click on the link, it could have malware/viruses/who knows what else.

Latest posts

Back