Sexual frustration is coming to a breaking point

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Restless Soul, what is the tallest building in your area? (It's rhetorical so you do not have to answer). I live close to Los Angeles. And there are a few huge skyscrapers, not as a many a New York city. Did any of those buildings appear overnight? Of course not. So we might look at the buildings surrounding us, when it comes to being a healthy relationships. And they seem so beautiful. And we feel we do not even have a foundation yet. But we missing all the steps leading up that building or relationship. The joys, the frustrations, the tears (both while alone and the tears when we cry with someone in ours arms). Anyone can ask themselves, 'what am I building inside of me? Am I too focused on the outside? Am I selfish? Do I want to be more caring and giving?'

morgandollar said:
Restless Soul, what is the tallest building in your area? (It's rhetorical so you do not have to answer). I live close to Los Angeles. And there are a few huge skyscrapers, not as a many a New York city. Did any of those buildings appear overnight? Of course not. So we might look at the buildings surrounding us, when it comes to being a healthy relationships. And they seem so beautiful. And we feel we do not even have a foundation yet. But we missing all the steps leading up that building or relationship. The joys, the frustrations, the tears (both while alone and the tears when we cry with someone in ours arms). Anyone can ask themselves, 'what am I building inside of me? Am I too focused on the outside? Am I selfish? Do I want to be more caring and giving?'
But sometimes it's time for that developed building to have some sex.....

Restless soul said:
Sci-Fi said:
Go home and masturbate or take a cold shower.

I am trying to refrain from masterbation. Too cold out for cold shower

Why? There's no shame in it and do what you need to do to clear your urges (even if it's temporary).

Northern Lights said:
Restless soul said:
Sci-Fi said:
Go home and masturbate or take a cold shower.

I am trying to refrain from masterbation. Too cold out for cold shower

Why? There's no shame in it and do what you need to do to clear your urges (even if it's temporary).
I am not anti- masterbation or anything. Just over the past few months I told myself I want to be more dissaplined in that area. A lot of it is becauae it was like a ocd ritual. That to time consuming etc.. then I find this reddit dedicated to people trying to swear off masterbation for months at a time. I just find it interesting to read some posts here like I like to do here.  And over there they swear there is health benefits especially mentally for men once they stop doing for months at a time. Do I see myself going months? No way. And I don't believe that it changes you as drastically as they claim

Actually masturbating regular has health benefits. Its actually not good to not masturbate for months.

tsar said:
Actually masturbating regular has health benefits.  Its actually not good to not masturbate for months.

+1

This has actually been proven, while none of the benifits claimed by the socalled "no-fap" movement have been proven. Not to say I also participated for some time....

As long as it isn't an addiction or damaging any aspect of your life I don't see the point in refraining. I assume that the reddit folks would feel less stressed if they just **** fapped. Ah well.

Who says they don't?

Besides, is not the fact that it can satisfy an urge in the moment, but the real frustration comes when you realize you have no other alternative to masturbation. Some don't have enough money for a prostitute (if it's even legal) or are really invested in an actual meaningful relationship. I assure you many men crave sex as a demostration of intimacy. I'm sure it can be damaging to your mental health not being able to demostrate this for a long time. We want to be with a person, we want to know someone else wanted touch us and is sincerely willing to connect physically. To say just "jack off" is an insult.

It seems like Restless Soul was talking more about 'getting off', satisfying base sexual urges rather than intimacy.

ardour said:
It seems like Restless Soul was talking more about 'getting off', satisfying base sexual urges rather than intimacy.

I get that but after a while (at least for me) it becomes a defeat. I believe intimacy could be a breaking point for me, since I never had it, not so much about sexual gratification but being aware you have been selected by another person to share this bond. As I said, the frustration comes from the options, not from the source.

MisterLonely said:
tsar said:
Actually masturbating regular has health benefits.  Its actually not good to not masturbate for months.

+1

This has actually been proven, while none of the benifits claimed by the socalled "no-fap" movement have been proven. Not to say I also participated for some time....

Oh, so you heard of that reddit thread. Yeah I got hooked on that thread as well as foreveralone onreddit. Someone here mentioned it..you can see how those two threads relate to  being lonley in general

Northern Lights said:
As long as it isn't an addiction or damaging any aspect of your life I don't see the point in refraining. I assume that the reddit folks would feel less stressed if they just **** fapped. Ah well.

Yeah.  Well they really take it to the extreme.  They pick it apart. But fun to read

Question: does masturbation once every few weeks make depression worse? Or make you feek more lonley?? How can it??

SofiasMami said:
Answer: No

So why do they have this whole reddit thread dedicated to nofap. People swearing they are better people for abstaining from masterbation for long periods

They have people saying that women can tell if you didnt masterbate and want to talk to you. And how your apperance changes. Really wild things like that? And truth to this?
The reasons why Iimited my masterbation had zero to do with that.

Latest posts

Back