Share Your Cringe

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aardra

Reaction score
Hello. I made a thread to post funny personal memories that make us cringe. I'll go first:

In 6th Grade all the boys I knew listened to KoЯn, so to fit in I started writing the band's name on all my school supplies, usually in Wite-Out. Only I never bothered to listen to their music or, for that matter, learn how to spell their name; so for like 9 months I walked around campus with the word "corn" inexplicably plastered on everything I own.

Your turn.

You know, that's not so uncommon especially during those formative years. It's funny that you spelled it corn though. I was too afraid to do anything and often tried to stay under everyone's radar since I got bullied a lot. Something that does make me cringe and seems kind of silly is that I'm a horrible speller (thank go for automatic spell checks these days) and I used to have binders with the clear pouch on the front so you could slide paper into them. I'd draw superheroes and sometimes put slogans on the picture which often had misspelled words because I thought I was spelling it right. I can't think of anything worse than that right now.

Once I accepted a drink that was being served at a Hindu temple and the person after me wisely asked what it was. Rose water that had washed the very elderly guru's feet when he arrived (in Birmingham, UK) from India. I'd already gulped mine down 🤮

Yuck! that is sooooooooooooooooo gross!, I thought I had it bad in the ashram with bloody karma yoga.

Karma yoga includes - Cleaning the kitchen, preparing meals, serving food, cleaning the dorm floors, taking out the garbage, working in the store, taking clothes to the laundrette.

Yuck! that is sooooooooooooooooo gross!, I thought I had it bad in the ashram with bloody karma yoga.

Karma yoga includes - Cleaning the kitchen, preparing meals, serving food, cleaning the dorm floors, taking out the garbage, working in the store, taking clothes to the laundrette.
I got up at 2.30am to clean the toilets before everyone started getting up at 3.15. I pretty much chose that as my service when I saw there was no soap, toilet paper or bleach for 1500 people, 14 days. I went to Tesco everyday, can't believe how many devotees prefer toilet paper, tbh. I washed dishes too, backbreaking 😬 Devotee life is hard and thankless. I'm glad I never took initiation.
Sounds like you were doing all the jobs!

Wow 2.30am! Our day didn't start until 4am and there were only 6 of us (I couldn't begin to imagine living with 1500 people ) I was the, supposedly, fittest & youngest so got the lions share of the chores.

This is how I remember my daily schedule, my abiding memory is just being hungry and tired all the time.

4:00 AM Satsang

5:30 AM Tea time

6:00 AM Asana Class

8:00 AM Breakfast

9:00 AM Karma Yoga

12:30 PM Coaching Class

1:30 PM Tea Time

2:00 PM Lecture

3:30 PM Asana Class

6:00 PM Dinner

8:00 PM Satsang (group meditation, changing, talk)

10:30 PM Lights out

10.30pm is late, no wonder you were tired. I would be starving if I got up at 4 and waited until 8 for breakfast 😬
I was only there for a two week festival which was held at a Sikh temple because of the numbers attending.
I've never stayed at an ashram, too shy really. I got married (20) and had a baby (21) so never did any full time temple life, just visits.
Even the two week festival was overwhelming to me, very noisy and people pushing and shoving (kind of like India). I felt really lost and alone but it was a good experience (apart from the foot water).

Now it the good time to remind people….REALLY? My life is rather empty, but people filling their void with garbage remarks makes a great case that social media should cost per tweet.

8831207F-724D-4E66-AE9F-92F95E3EA8D3.jpeg

🙋‍♂️ Drunkenly urinated in a parking garage elevator, ran from the cops and got away with it. 😬😅

No, I don't wanna talk about this in further detail. 😂

Latest posts

Back