Share your sleep paralysis or lucid dream experiences

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovableplatypus

Reaction score
I've always wanted to experience lucid dreams and I did once for a second. I'm really interested in them but I can't achieve them again no matter how hard I try.

However I did have a sleep paralysis some time ago. I "woke up" but I couldn't move. I moved my eyes across the room where I could see, for I remembered many people saying the see scary creatures during sleep paralysis. I didn't see anything so the fear of it kind of passed and then I was just irritated and helpless. I tried to move but nothing happened. I have a lot of memories of this event and I will gladly share with someone who experienced this too :D

When I finally really woke up I got up from bed, on my legs, and was so scared, what if I'll just fall down on the floor like the vegetable I just was a while ago? So much relief and confusion when I realised I could move just fine :D

I'm so curious about these things, please share if you wish,  I will read them! :)

I  experienced sleep paralysis when I was a teenager. I used to go to sleep really late. I would fall asleep and then wake up a few minutes later just to realize I can't open my eyes and can't move. It was scary, it happened a few nights on a row, heart was beating like crazy and I was terrified because I didn't know what was happening. And what got me through that was just surrendering to the feeling. I would just accept the situation and then fall back asleep. I've never experienced anything like that again ever since adolescence and I'm glad it stopped happening to me.

I have been getting dream paralysis for the past 15 years or so. They vary. In some there is only the familiar setting, in others there is an unfamiliar presence. In others, it's more than a presence.

I experience it sometimes. I'll be dreaming about being buried alive and not being able to breath. I'll sort of wake up a little bit and then panic because I can't move and clear my nose. I feel like I'm going to die. Then I finally wake up and my heart will be racing.

Whoof! If you haven't read Edgar Allen Poe's "The Premature Burial" yet, I suggest you avoid it.

I had a very lucid dream once, two that I can remember. One was of me inside a moving subway train inside a dark cavern. Suddenly, my perspective would shift to outside the train. Then the lights go out, when they come back on, I see that the train was now replaced by a shark. It's beaten, bloody, and the tracks are running inside its mouth and out its back, like a shish kebab. Then the dream ends and I am left with a strong sense of dread. 

The other was of me running away from zombies. I make it to a rooftop then I watch from there down to an alley where my friends are. I watch as zombies tear them apart. 

I don't know why but these dreams I remember. I remember a couple of other dreams but not as detailed.

Latest posts

Back