Sheila's Perspiration

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

August Campbell

My ultimate dream came true.
Reaction score
The other day, the Platonic Sheila and I went hiking. During the hike, she perspires very profusely, and she says she likes to perspire because the sweat cleans her body of toxins. To ensure that she perspires a lot, she drinks a lot of water even before the hike. And she always carries a jug with her too, so she can drink during the hike. Not surprising that her shirt winds up soaking-wet.
What gets me is that she sweats so profusely that she exudes such an overpowering body-odor. Normally I would find such an odor offensive and repulsive, but Sheila's one is unusually pleasant. No, not a sweet scent but instead a pungent one, is the way I would describe it. Not sure whether that's an accurate description or not.

In my two previous relationships, I was sitting next to those Women when they perspired, and found the odor offensive. So how come Sheila's perspiration smells pleasant?? Do ONLY SOME ladies have that scent?? So I'm asking if any of you other gents have had that experience. Maybe ewomack could shed some light, because he gives intelligent answers and has known multiple ladies. But of course my question is open to everyone.

The other day, the Platonic Sheila and I went hiking. During the hike, she perspires very profusely, and she says she likes to perspire because the sweat cleans her body of toxins. To ensure that she perspires a lot, she drinks a lot of water even before the hike. And she always carries a jug with her too, so she can drink during the hike. Not surprising that her shirt winds up soaking-wet.
What gets me is that she sweats so profusely that she exudes such an overpowering body-odor. Normally I would find such an odor offensive and repulsive, but Sheila's one is unusually pleasant. No, not a sweet scent but instead a pungent one, is the way I would describe it. Not sure whether that's an accurate description or not.

In my two previous relationships, I was sitting next to those Women when they perspired, and found the odor offensive. So how come Sheila's perspiration smells pleasant?? Do ONLY SOME ladies have that scent?? So I'm asking if any of you other gents have had that experience. Maybe ewomack could shed some light, because he gives intelligent answers and has known multiple ladies. But of course my question is open to everyone.
I can only assume a healthy lifestyle free of toxins, combined with her own good physiology, makes for a sweet smelling lady. I don't think that is too uncommon. (?)

I'm no expert in sweat, but what I've read has claimed that people excrete two different kinds of sweat, a liquid, odorless kind of sweat for cooling and a more milky and usually odoriferous kind for releasing toxins, Those who wear deodorant wear it for the second kind. Apparently, people sweat in different proportions between one kind and another and this can be affected by many things, including diet, genetic makeup, etc. So, some people just stink when they sweat more than others. I've been told by more than a few people that I don't stink when I sweat profusely, and they weren't people who wanted to hoochie me, either. Everyone also has a unique body odor as well, made up of many elements, which again is affected by diet, lifestyle, etc. Whether one finds this kind of odor pleasant remains a personal taste, in the same way that some people prefer different scents of air freshener over others.

All of the women I've known well enough to sniff at very close proximity have had unique scents that I would probably know in an instant were I to sniff them again. For the most part I've found these scents pleasant. But one or two of those women I've known must have output more of the milky sweat, because I found their scent less pleasant overall. I was still attracted to them generally, but I made more of an effort to keep my nose out of their armpits. Humans don't consciously sense pheromones nearly as much as the rest of the animal kingdom, but they still definitely play a role in attraction. Plus, deodorant and other body treatments can mask some of it. But, again, from what I've read, you can still find a person attractive on a pheromonal level but still think that they "stink" when they sweat. It's pretty complicated and it seems like one's reaction and compatibility to scent comes down to a person-by-person basis.

My guess is that sweaty Platonic Sheila has the right kind of odor combination that you find very pleasant. Other people may feel differently about it and think that she does "stink." Men who I've known who have dated the same woman had different opinions on the woman's scent. One found her stinky, another found her waftings pleasant. I think there's an element of randomness to it as well, as scents intermingle with a plethora of preferences.

Last edited:
I'm no expert in sweat, but what I've read has claimed that people excrete two different kinds of sweat, a liquid, odorless kind of sweat for cooling and a more milky and usually odoriferous kind for releasing toxins, Those who wear deodorant wear it for the second kind. Apparently, people sweat in different proportions between one kind and another and this can be affected by many things, including diet, genetic makeup, etc. So, some people just stink when they sweat more than others. I've been told by more than a few people that I don't stink when I sweat profusely, and they weren't people who wanted to hoochie me, either.
Interesting. My sweat doesn't smell at all either. I easily wear the same shirt all week long after sweating in it and it smells like nothing. There are no stains or odd colors on it either even the white shirts. It's like I drink water and it just leaks out like in the cartoons. :)

It's incredibly subjective on all accounts. One man's nausea is another's perfume and vice versa.

In terms of diet, it is my understanding those who regularly enjoy food from the onion family, such as garlic and leeks, tend to carry a more pungent body sweat.

In terms of diet, it is my understanding those who regularly enjoy food from the onion family, such as garlic and leeks, tend to carry a more pungent body sweat.
Hmmm. I love onions. I eat lots of them every week. Yet, my sweat doesn't stink. Hmmm. I guess I'm just lucky. Or, I should say others that get near me when I'm out running my errands are lucky. :)

Hmmm. I love onions. I eat lots of them every week. Yet, my sweat doesn't stink. Hmmm. I guess I'm just lucky. Or, I should say others that get near me when I'm out running my errands are lucky. :)
Wish I was lucky as you, Finished. When i go hiking in the summer, i bring a an extra T-shirt 👕 and pair of socks 🧦 to change into as soon as I get back to the car. Quick fix to freshen up and reduce the not-so-friendly aroma.

Last edited:
Platonic Sheila, lol. Platonic Sheila smells good? lol. PLATONIC, EHHHH!!!!??? lol.

They did name a whole movie about the phenomena, "Scent of a Woman..."

Not sure why everyone is so obsessed with toxins and the word toxic though. Not like you are going to sweat out accumulated mercury... Maybe my horoscope will have the answer... :LOL:

Latest posts

Back