Show us your pc/gaming setup

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ardour

Well known loser
Reaction score
…including peripherals

A List the parts too (and reason you choose them) could be included

Here's mine, I'll put a photo up soon:

Case: Corsair 350D
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
RAM: x2 8GB Gskill Ripjaws
GPU: Asus Strix GTX980 OC 4GB
PSU: Corsair RM750
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

Monitor: Samsung S24D590
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow
Mouse: Steel Series Rival

Here's mine. Unfortunately, due to my older brother not keeping his word due to a variety of circumstances, my PC is not setup yet, but here are the parts that are being used:

Case: I don't know the name of the case, as it's some old case that my older brother used back in the day.
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: nVidia GTX 750 Ti
RAM: 8 GB (2 x 4) DDR3-1600 G. Skill NS Series
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gold 750W 80+
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1 TB.
Keyboard: AZIO L70 Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Anker Gaming Mouse (I forgot the name and I don't have the box handy at the moment)
Controller (for games that are better played with it): PS3 Controller. Just use Scarlet Crush Productions' program that makes Windows think that the Wired PS3 Controller is a wired Xbox 360 one and you're all set. ;)

I had to settle for a budget build, but I am not dissatisfied with the PC. If anything, the CPU in this PC will probably make the AMD 4400M in the laptop I'm using right now melt in terms of processing power, and the GPU will make mincemeat of the AMD Radeon 7520G. I decided that getting a CPU that could play modern games (going to need at least 4 cores) could wait as I wanted a PC with a dedicated GPU.

At least running emulators shouldn't be a big problem with this PC...I hope.

CPU: i5 11400F
GPU: RTX 3060 12 GB
RAM: 32 GB
Keyboard is an Isku FX in white
Mouse is a white Kova Aimo, includes built in macro
1 TB SSD Pro
DDR4
Gigabyte B560M, relatively future proof and supports the latest gear.

Don't have the exact names in my head anymore for the rest. I spend alot of my time on the computer, I'm a gamer and 3D artist / gamedeveloper so I need a monster build to be able to easily handle all the things.

Last edited:
I have:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU: Geforce RTX 3080 10GB
RAM: 16GB DDR4 (Samsung C-die, rated is 3000MT/s, set at 3600MT/s with tightened timings)
SSD: 1x PCIe4 1TB, 1x PCIe3 1TB, 1x SATA 128GB
MOBO: MSI B550M Mortar
PSU: Corsair RX850

The case is a Phenteks P400A— it's an airflow-focussed case with a positive pressure setup using filtered intakes.

CPU: i5 11400F
GPU: RTX 3060 12 GB
RAM: 32 GB
Keyboard is an Isku FX in white
Mouse is a white Kova Aimo, includes built in macro
1 TB SSD Pro
DDR4
Gigabyte B560M, relatively future proof and supports the latest gear.

Don't have the exact names in my head anymore for the rest. I spend alot of my time on the computer, I'm a gamer and 3D artist / gamedeveloper so I need a monster build to be able to easily handle all the things.
Recently got my G-SR-SE Rouge, Esports version mousepad shipped which I ordered earlier. I'm happy with it, fairly super large in size and one of the best mousepads I have ever felt in my life.
123.jpg

Recently got my G-SR-SE Rouge, Esports version mousepad shipped which I ordered earlier. I'm happy with it, fairly super large in size and one of the best mousepads I have ever felt in my life.
View attachment 6132

This is the opposite of me. I have some rag with a corsair logo on it that I've owned for most of a decade, and a crappy Logitech mouse that sometimes double-clicks if you lean on the button the wrong way

This is the opposite of me. I have some rag with a corsair logo on it that I've owned for most of a decade, and a crappy Logitech mouse that sometimes double-clicks if you lean on the button the wrong way
Not foreign to that myself. I've started out at the bottom with an office tier computer which barely could run things and other honeysuckle, my old keyboard didn't even worked fully as keys were defect and my mouse also had double click issues on top of that without a pad which caused a drilled hole on the table.

Not foreign to that myself. I've started out at the bottom with an office tier computer which barely could run things and other honeysuckle, my old keyboard didn't even worked fully as keys were defect and my mouse also had double click issues on top of that without a pad which caused a drilled hole on the table.
Nah my actual computer pwns and I'm a big loser about hardware it's just I'm using literally the cheapest shittiest peripherals possible lol

I'm not really much of a gamer anymore; but, I still play various doom source ports, somewhat regularly.

For my main rig, about two years ago, I decided that since I still had my original desktop PC case from my very first computer, over 20 years ago now, I would finally finish building it out into a sleeper PC.

Case: Some old case back before everything became sheet metal you cut yourself on
Motherboard: ASRock B450 Pro4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700x (underclocked)
GPU: nVidia GTX 1060
RAM: 32 GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 Crucial
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 Heatsink w/ pull + push dual Noctua 1700RPM fan configuration
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 700W 80+ (modified by replacing the fan with a Noctua 1700RPM fan for better heat exhaust)
SSD: Western Digital NVMe SSD 512GB
HDD: Couple of old Sata HDD's for storage and other operating systems (500GB + 320GB)
Keyboard: Perixx Periboard (low impact / low profile scissor switch keys)
Mouse: Perixx (ergonomic half-vertical mouse)
Monitor: some 2012ish 1080p 22"-ish asus IPS monitor of some such
Operating System: Devuan GNU/Linux (I still run windows occasionally; but, not often)

It's a nice machine; glad I had the chance to build it out on the cheap before post-Covid prices kicked in. I don't plan on upgrading again. Modern gaming is largely a slap in the face to the true ethos of the gamer/modder community/mentality.

Attachments

• DSCF2643.JPG
    DSCF2643.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • DSCF2648.JPG
    DSCF2648.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Jesus!!! I feel so stupid, I dont even know what any of this meanssss lol but it's insightful lmao need to find a local gamer to come and set up my brothers gaming room in my new placeee.

Want to upgrade my motherboard, cpu and graphics card. But i'll need to see if my ram can actually reach 3000 MHz, because that's supposedly what it's meant to be at and it's not 🤣
Specs.jpg

I mean I can't really take a picture of it, but it's an ASUS Scar 15 laptop with a Ryzen 9 processor and an RTX 3080. Additions that went into it were an additional 2 TB hard drive for games on top of the 1 TB hard drive that came with it, and a heat sync distributor plate that covers the hard drives to protect them. I've got it sitting on a Cool Master Notepal XL laptop cooler.

Accessories are 2 M-Audio 10 inch speakers, an old Steinberg UR-22 external sound card, Blue Yeti condenser mic, and a Logitech 1080p webcam.

Not that it matters, but I've got an Xbox One wireless controller, and a Logitech F310 wired gamepad that's PlayStation-styled sans vibration, an old Razor Chroma mechanical keyboard I got on a clearance rack forever ago, a Logitech trackball mouse (I don't play games using mice much), and some old Sennheiser studio headphones that I also got on a clearance sale.

Latest posts

Back