Sigh.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olivine

Reaction score
A co-worker has absolutely just ruined the friendship we had and I am pretty devastated over it. As someone that doesn’t trust easily or have many friends, this is a difficult pill to swallow and I can’t get over how betrayed I feel.

I nearly quit my job over it today.

I feel you on that, a similar thing happened to me too...more than once. It's why I don't trust people anymore. You can't control what people will do, and sometimes there are people you'll meet who just plain suck.

I don't trust easily either, but I never feel as though I have to trust someone, it doesn't make being around them less enjoyable for me. Time is usually the best method for trust. If people aren't who they say they are, or lie, or anything else, it's something you see over longer periods.

I'm reminded of that song by Cindy Lauper, True Colours, but I replace love with hate, lol.

I feel you on that, a similar thing happened to me too...more than once. It's why I don't trust people anymore. You can't control what people will do, and sometimes there are people you'll meet who just plain suck.
Note- my messages will be full of grammatical errors but I’ve passed that age where these things mattered enough to do multiple rechecks before posting them.
Pls accept all my apologies in advance 😉 😊 )

Message -
Isn’t it ironic that the person who betrays your trust & heart ends up being the benchmark on who you’ll look at all future relationships & friendships.
A toxic & poisonous parasite who deserves no empathy from you u ends up scarring you forever.
Sad 😞 irony of life

Last edited:
Thank you all for reading and for your replies… I am starting an SSRI. Not really entirely due to this situation, but I honestly hope it gives me some “space” from my emotions and feelings.

I am very sad and would rather just be numb instead.

Know how you feel. I've been f*cked over a lot by people and let down too, so you just can't trust anyone. Gets to a point when you start thinking "they seem nice. How are they going to fresia me over though?" which isn't a healthy mentality but it prevents disappointment.

Latest posts

Back