Signs you got over text someone wasnt interested in you.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
However the entire situation wasn't as clear cut as you make it out to be. With one woman her response was enthusiastic the first time. After we traded numbers that same night we texted for 4 hours. Later she actually texted me first inquiring about my life, so I started doing the same with her. We actually had a couple more long text sessions but something was off - she was always texting me like a friend, which only increased my hesitancy to ask her out. Again, this didnt come off as shyness or trying to hide a crush. It came off as very intentional so as for her not to give the wrong idea.

You didn't do anything wrong in that instance, things just fizzled out.

Another reason for my hesitancy in asking her out was that I had did that with the other woman pretty early, and was rejected. So I reverted to being more cautions this time, attempting to understand if she was really interested in me - and I dont think she ever really was.

Either they're interested or they aren't. If they aren't then the chances of you changing their feelings via the indirect approach are low-to-none, and least of all through text messages.

Also, Im introverted and introverted intuitive. My mind works in the way where I try to figure things out through patterns, hints, the abstract. In more simpler terms, I'm not very direct because I don't take things at face value. I like to understand something first before proceeding

No offence but this is irrelevant to how the other party feels or reads the situation. Worst case, they could read this behaviour as an attempt to weazel into their lives under the guise of platonic friendship. Then the Nice Guy accusations start.

In the end, if the person is right for you, it won't be a game that you can win or lose.
If someone is genuinely interested in getting to know you, they won't have an issue showing a little patience with you or even overlooking a few small missteps. There's people who will crush on someone for years, let alone a few weeks. If they read you as 'low value' and dismiss you because you took some time to talk to them over text, then well, they aren't for you. Would they dismiss Harry Styles if he did the same? We all deserves someone who perceives us as high value because of who we are, not because of how good our 'game' is.

But if someone were genuinely interested you wouldn't have to spend months texting them your life story, trying to know everything about them, making effort to 'put them at ease' and convince them you're a great guy. They would make it easy for you, be more engaged, ask to meet.

This isn't some alpha tactic, it's showing that you have self respect, that your time is valuable. An incidental effect is that some women may find that more attractive, but even if they don't it lets you leave these situations feeling better.

We've all been there, kept sending messages when we shouldn't have, tried to keep some hope alive, but it almost never works.

Last edited:
No offense but this sounds like a discussion between autists :). It's usually very easy to decipher if someone is romantically/sexually interested in you even in such a foggy kind of communication such as texts:

The simple rule is that they keep talking a lot and ask questions about you, then they're into you. Just replying with few words, telling you they gotta go and never asking about you it's obvious.

"I'm not interested in you."
"I'm over at my boyfriends house. I'll text you when I get a chance."
"I'm sorry, who is this?"
"Why did you just smash my windshield? I saw you do it."
"You suck!"
"I hate you!"
"If you do NOT stop texting me I'll file a harrassment report!"
"I told you we are DONE!"
"Come get the rest of you honeysuckle. It's all on the front lawn now."
"I just changed my number so eat honeysuckle!"
"I was going to simply ignore you. But, you're too stupid to realize that I want you to go away. Can you understand that?"

"You suck!"
"I hate you!"
"I was going to simply ignore you. But, you're too stupid to realize that I want you to go away. Can you understand that?"
Based on true events

"You suck!"
"I hate you!"
Why can they never say clearly what's on their mind, eh?
You always have to read between the lines.

A few I have learned. Some of these behaviors may be a sign of narcissism more then lack of interest, but they're still negative either way.

Feel free to add more

# If they take a long time to text back consistently, they aren't interested. I had this one girl who consistently took 6-8 hrs to text me back. Needless to say I gave up pretty quickly, which was her desired result.

# If you ask them something before lets say 3pm, and they dont respond until the next day, you have very little value in their eyes and they arent interested. I remember asking this woman where she went on her trip. I didn't hear back from her for 20 hrs (the next day) and got a one word answer along with a :) emoji to make it all better. Ha. I don't know, I wouldn't even leave someone I actively disliked hanging like that.

# They ignore, or are even a little irritated at your attempts to flirt with or tease them. So this one woman I told her if a really rough movie she recommended left me scarred I was going to blame her. I ended the message with the ;) emjoi to let her know it was a silly light hearted playful jab. Her response? The :rolleyes: emoji. Yeah, she wasn't interested.

# They dont share any details about their life. For example if they don't text you things about their life like hey, my boss was so mean today, or, I got a flat tire, or, I'm sick, they arent interested in having you involved in their life.

# They don't expound on text messages you send them. For example, you send them a few pictures you took of a beautiful park. And all they send back is "Cool! thanks for sharing". They dont ask where the park was, when you were there, what camera did you use, etc.

# They show disregard for your feelings. So I thought I had made this woman mad texting her hours earlier so I asked, "Hey, did what I say earlier upset you?" and she was like "no, what are you talking about." I told her worrying about if I had angered her really, really stressed me out and she just laughed at me and bragged about how tough she was.

# The more interest you show in them, the less they show in you. So this woman even texted me first a few times when I was only sending her like one text a week. When I upped it to 2-3 texts a week suddenly she stopped sending me texts first

The perhaps not obvious to everyone facts:

Many women don't want a relationship, they only want attention and validation.

Men seeking women vastly outnumber women who are looking. This means while you might have at most two women texting, she is juggling six to ten guys at a time.

Women are never looking for traits to like about you. They're looking for flaws and weakness, reasons to reject you, filter you out.

Women only want ONE man, the one at the top. Everyone else is contemptible, a compromise they don't want to make. The fact that they are inferior women is irrelevant, beause they know that desperation for a regular source of sex will make most men compromise everthing.

The perhaps not obvious to everyone facts:

Many women don't want a relationship, they only want attention and validation.

Men seeking women vastly outnumber women who are looking. This means while you might have at most two women texting, she is juggling six to ten guys at a time.

Women are never looking for traits to like about you. They're looking for flaws and weakness, reasons to reject you, filter you out.

Women only want ONE man, the one at the top. Everyone else is contemptible, a compromise they don't want to make. The fact that they are inferior women is irrelevant, beause they know that desperation for a regular source of sex will make most men compromise everthing.
Just curious, where did you get these 'facts' from? can you link any of your sources? :)

I am sorry to hear that Google does not function in your universe.
It is not like everything that is produced by Google search is true.
You can also find results telling you the Earth is flat, etc.
After all, Google just searches among what people put out there, and if lots of people put some garbage out there, the garbage will show up in the results.

It is not like everything that is produced by Google search is true.
You can also find results telling you the Earth is flat, etc.
After all, Google just searches among what people put out there, and if lots of people put some garbage out there, the garbage will show up in the results.

Yes, and then it is your task to use logic to sort through those results. That was the obvious implication in my response. I'm sorry you're too shallow and hasty a thinker to understand.

It's not my purpose in life to do your research for you, nor to quibble over facts with a person inclined to attempt to pick them apart because he can't accept the truth about women.

Latest posts

Back