Sinister sister

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure where this fits in, but it might add another perspective.

I've previously within this thread, described my brother's unique personality traits. Unreliable and self centred, etc.

About 8-9 years ago, I had my mum move from her side of the River, to this side, nearer to me. We got rid of her big house, lodge, and other properties. Eventually moving into a modern apartment complex designed specifically for an older 55+ community, or something of that nature.

Prior to having done this, my brother periodically preached that we should all be closer and do more for each other. In writing, it is an amicable agreement. However, at that particular point in time, we will say for argument sake, mum had not seen him for 4 years, perhaps will the exception of having to bail him out. Yet, he and his son, lived maybe a whole 30 minutes walk away from mum.

8-9 years later, mum is very happily settled. She has a great community within her apartment complex. Many new friends, of which she holidays with frequently. She is perhaps 15-20 walk across a park, from my little house, and I am only ever a call away.

My brother, has yet to even step foot within her apartment. Yet, he has the options of bus, train and even a ferry, all of which stop mere minutes from mum's doorstep. The same can be said of his son, too

It is my mum's instructions, written and recorded, that when she passes, he is not to be informed, nor invited to any of ceremonies.

Infuriating though, is if you did meet him, chances are, you would find him both handsome and charming. He will often spout spiritual or political voodoo, and mystic mantras, whilst of course being entirely hypocritical.

Mum still follows him and his son, on social media. I don't think there has been anything other than a handful of superficial messages exchanged in the past decade.

So I suppose my message in all this is, just because they are family, it doesn't mean that you have to like them, or even tolerate them.

I was never close to my older sister, I'm adopted... she isn't, and she is seven and a half years older than me. There was never a bond between us and that has carried on through adulthood. Ill get a birthday card and text, and I send one to her, but thats about it. Last year my mother passed away, and now my dad (whom I was never 'that' close to) is by himself, I go and spend every Sunday afternoon with him as he is by himself with barely any interaction, and I know how lonely that feels... my sister... Nope, nothing, even though I live around seventeen miles away from my dad, and she lives about five. Around twenty years ago, my parents sold thier house and bought a caravan to live in on a holiday park, for some reason my sister didn't like this idea well we know why... snobbery) and made the bold statement that 'she would never ever visit the place'...... and she hasn't, in all them years. My fathers mail goes to my sisters house, and he will get a text whenever there is mail there for him to pick up, and thats how superficial the relationship is.. she lives in a paid off house, no money troubles whatsoever, does literally everything she possibly can to molly coddle her daughter and grandkids... yet does absoulutely jack squat for our dad. He is going to be facing homelessness in about two years time.... by then he will be eighty five years old, yet I seem to be the only one worrying about it, she seemingly couldn't care less..? Some sister SUCK....!

Why do I allow my sister to make me feel insecure, uneducated, and a second-class citizen? I feel like a gefilte fish( fish without a backbone). Whenever I try to stand up for myself, I fail. I hate her! I hate myself today. Despite not answering her texts, I still manage to feel bad. Poof, I wish I could say, You have no power here! Fu-k you and your red sole shoes. Does anyone else a selfish, toxic family member?
I had a narcissist for a sister. I went 2 years without speaking to her. She was always pretty hateful to me throughout life but it was in our 60s when she really let loose. Sis told me exactly what she thought of me and had spent those 60 years keeping memories of all my shortcomings. A therapist helped me cut the cord. My sis died in 2019, it had been 5 years since I last saw her and months since we had spoken. A book called "Walking on Eggshells" was recommended by my therapist. You don't deserve this treatment.

Why do I allow my sister to make me feel insecure, uneducated, and a second-class citizen? I feel like a gefilte fish( fish without a backbone). Whenever I try to stand up for myself, I fail. I hate her! I hate myself today. Despite not answering her texts, I still manage to feel bad. Poof, I wish I could say, You have no power here! Fu-k you and your red sole shoes. Does anyone else a selfish, toxic family member?
I'm so sorry,that is not right at all how your sister treats you,no I can't say that I have any family members like this.

I have an Uncle who is so malicious towards me. He has, in the past, insinuated to my face on multiple occasions that I am basically some kind of paedophile. I basically know that he slanders me and gossips a lot about me behind my back. His mind games with me played a part in me getting locked up in a mental hospital ( with paranoid schizophrenia ). He also used to get my mum in armlocks and headlocks and just made both our lives a living hell while we were living at my grandparents house.

I also know for a fact that my uncle uses strategies from the book "The 48 Laws of Power". I know for a fact that he owns that book. He used to work in the financial part of London (The City) and I get the impression that most people who work in "The city" (The financial district of London) are as ruthless as they come. Even, my uncle wasn't Ruthless enough to survive there.
Once I discovered that he was using that book I decided to read it to figure out what his strategies were.
But in the End I think that that book actually messed with my head a lot.
It is a very, very Machiavellian book.

This is a video showing what really goes on in "The Square Mile" it is obviously a really ruthless place.

Latest posts

Back