Small Talk sux..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan27

Reaction score
I bump into a few Jokers in my neighborhood that I've known for ten years.
How's it goin'...is about the extent of the conversation....dang !

Never any deep stuff, political or spiritual.
Nothing about their accomplishments or skills or woes .

At least my computer lets me search the heavy stuff or chill on music.

The World could end & these dudes wouldn't notice.....
Just take another drag on a cigarette & then spit on the sidewalk.......:cautious:(n)

Ha! ha! Yeah, most people are not very deep. And, others have giant walls in front of them. I do my best to NOT speak to my neighbors or anybody for that matter. Typing is so much more efficient. And, the Internet has most of the information I need / want. So, why bother taking to the neighborhood noodleheads. ha! ha!

My neighbors (plural) past time is playing loud music and drinking excessively outside until the early am hours. For the past few months my past time was getting even with them. It took awhile. But, it's finally paying off.

More often times than not, people are willfully asleep at the wheel mentally.
Especially younger people, has the ability to differentiate between Thinking and Feeling has been lost on them and the two often seem inseparable.
The fact that I developed the ability to pull apart that knot I entirely credit to happenstance of having a metacognitive learning disability and having always had to lean into developmental critical thinking skills to compensate and cope. With younger people, usually they lack depth not because they don't know it exists, but because they are terrified of it.
Which admittedly, is a perfectly normal response until you spend enough time among the fathomless to realize it's not that bad.
I put it as the cluttered walk-in closet:
You've gotta fumble around a bit to find the light switch on the wall before you can see what's where. Inexperienced people have a box fall from the shelf or something and it hits them and they get pissed off and swear off of it. Well, that's fine, but just like the sink of dirty dishes: It's just going to keep being there until you make it a point to go deal with it.
Which is usually what is meant by "life's a ***** and then you die."
It's not a particularly rewarding experience, not for a while at least.

Coolest thing I could think of is when someone sells off their stuff or tosses it, and repurposes the closet. Bam, now it's your cats bedroom. Or maybe your 2 ohm amp isn't loud enough. No problem, Acoustic Science just cranked it up to at least 4 ohms. Need a trophy room? You've got a trophy room. Spiritual room hidden away from guests? Now you've got a spiritual room hidden away from guests. Read a lot? Always wanted an at-home library? Your walk-in closet is now your at-home library. Toss a twin sized mattress in there, make yourself comfortable.

The point of clearing your mind, is to be able to do with it what you want to do with it, instead of being enslaved to the limitations of the external.

Latest posts

Back