So I Hit A Person Tonight...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Estreen

Reaction score
One of my roomies had/has a party going on. My other roomie and I were hanging out with each other pretty much with a little party of our own, first down here in my room, then we headed up to her room so I could help her pack as she's moving tomorrow. Well, this one guy who no one really seems to like very much would bang/slam on the roomie's bedroom door whom I was helping pack (we'll call her Roomie #1) and we'd just ignore it. Then, Roomie #1 went to open it once because it sounded like a loud knock, the guy said, "I just wanted to say hi, lol" then as Roomie #1 was going to close her door, it got slammed in her face. Again, we ignored, although it was very uncool.

So, we're in there, minding our own business as the rest of them party, drink it up, and such, and I help Roomie #1 pack. Again, a loud series of bangs on the door, so I go over to open it, look out, and there's that dude again. I look at him and he just smiles and I can't remember if he said anything but then proceeded to help me "close" the door by slamming it, and then banged on it, so I opened it up again and proceeded to tear this guy a new one, as my switch had finally been flipped, as I felt that my and Roomie #1's safety had been threatened, our personal space entrenched upon, and severely disrespected. I got into a defensive mode and flipped out. Of course it wouldn't get through his thick, drunken head and he just told me to fresia off and whatnot, and proceeded to get real close to me, up in my face, to which I went off and smacked him, even though I had half-heard that he was abusive and saw how he had treated his "baby mama" tonight, but I was too pumped with adrenaline to care. I was in a protective, defensive mode, not just for me, but more importantly for my even more passive Roomie #1.

At that point, Roomie #2 and her fiancee came out from their room to talk to me and try to calm the situation down and proceeded to apologize and straighten stuff out. I apologized for going off and for my outburst but they told me that no one really blamed me. Apparently a lot of people had wanted to do that to him tonight, but none had the "balls" or something or weren't in the position to do so. The guy came in a little later and apologized himself, thoroughly and sincerely, and we shook hands and I apologized for going off on him physically and explained to him why it all happened. He offered to let me smack him again but I declined. :p

So I dunno. I can't remember the last time...if at all....that I ever hit someone seriously. Granted, the slap that I gave him wasn't very hard, but it made a point. It's been such a very long time since I've had an outburst like that that I've quite surprised myself. One half of me is embarrassed/ashamed that I had let myself explode, but the other half of me is proud for defending myself and the other roomie whom has become a good friend of mine; for taking a stance; for doing something everyone else wanted to do but was too scared to for whatever reason; and for showing that yes, I am a very nice, laid back, passive person, but never EVER f**k with me because I don't play nice once provoked.

But yeah. I'm calm and everything now, just...wow. One of the craziest nights of my life...

Bravo. This will remain one of those memories that allows you to keep your self-respect intact. Standing up for yourself is important.

He won't remember a freaken thing in the morning...howerver you had been on a hell of a roller coaster ride.
If he did remember it...he's not really going to give a fresia...If he did..he wouldnt have don't it to begin with.

Applogized to a berligerant drunk ??? what for ?

He simply wanted your attention for whatever his motives where.
Get in your pants or your roomie's pants of course...
Making up with you was all part of the plan...trying to feed off of your guilt and shame.
Trying to lead you into what some people term as Stockholme Symdrome.

If you experince that everyday or live with an alcoholic you can develope shell shock or PTSD.

It dosn't even matter if you're right or wrong...Your thoughts and emotions simply got dragged through the mud.
You feel guilt and proud at the sametime...some people term that as being confussed or not seeing clearly.

You mentally and emotionally got abussed..that's all there is to it.
Being drunk is not an excuss to justified his behaviors.
If he acts like that when he gets drunk...maybe he should stop drinking.

What an arsehole! Sounds as though he had it coming. Being calm and reasonable up to the point that someone really tries hard to provoke a reaction is probably the best that can be expected of anyone. Maybe he felt he'd be satisfied with himself if he got a reaction out of you. Sounds as though he wasn't so smug in the end. But what Lonesome Crow says may well be right. The whole making up thing might just be a tactic. He'll be ok to you until he feels the time is right to wind you up again, now he knows he can. The guy needs dumping from your circle of friends, from the sounds of it.

Sorry to hear your friend is moving away, though. Not too far, I hope.

He more than deserved it. Dont feel ashamed at all. I applaud you :)

btw you shouldnt have apologized. by apologizing you were minimizing how wrong his actions were.

Good for you Estreen! He definitely had it coming. And although he didn't deserve it, offering him an apology showed great class on your part.

Kudos on a job well done!

Thank you guys.

This was the first time I met this guy, and apparently he's never being allowed back to the apartment. And yeah, I know I didn't have to apologize, but I did feel a little wrong in hitting him, not because he didn't deserve it (oh believe me, he deserved it!) but just because I should be always able to restrain myself, no matter how angry or threatened I am. I also know that he most likely apologized after realizing what it put the host (Roomie #2) through (causing problems with her roomies, she being in a position where she hasn't paid rent and is in debt to me and others, etc, etc), and was probably told to apologize, but at least he didn't half-ass it, even if he didn't mean it. Shoot, I still didn't trust him or respect him or even wanted to be around him the rest of the night, but I did not want to add anything more already to the tension and drama that was escalating between him and the rest of the group last night.

They were up til at least 6:30 am. I would know because I was up. I texted at 3 to say that I was going to bed and to please have her guests quiet down. I got an "Heyy i think johnnys (the guy I ***** slapped) leavin every1 is calmin down", so I said alright and waited. About 10 of 4 am, the party's still going. I text again to say that it's almost 4 am, and that it's still kinda loud. I got a response saying, "Every1 just quieted down" which was bullshit as music was still going in her room (which is above mine) and I can her people laughing and shouting and stomping around. So I looked up Slipknot on Youtube and blared them out of my laptop speakers and started drumming on my good roomie's Rock Band drum set to it. She sent another text about 5 minutes after the last one saying, "Every 1 just got quiet". Again, if they were "quiet" I wouldn't hear them over my blaring laptop speakers and the loud, frequent taps from the drum set. So, I then turned my TV on, and pumped up the volume on it (not full, but it was effective) and did that for a few hours because I just couldn't deal with it. Almost felt like I could've gone off on another outburst. Ugh. So, I got about 2 hours of sleep. Today was moving day for me and the good roomie; she moving out, and I moving up. The stupid roomie and her equally mooching fiancee had their lazy asses in bed the whole time, except once to go pee. They're probably still not up, and I couldn't give a honeysuckle.

I talked with the woman who lives upstairs and she's going to have a "talk" with them; meaning she's gonna give 'em hell about that party. She did come down last night, after I had already sauntered off down to my room, to yell at them too, even though the roomie's stupid friends were too drunk and stupid to care or comply. I told her I don't want to talk with them, have to look at them, hear them, or even be in the same room with them, and if they try to talk to me, I'm not going to even bother with them, because they're nothing but ******* ********.

Luckily, I'll be back home here in CT for most of my summer unless plans change. I just got back here about half an hour ago, and I'm happy that I didn't have to see their stupid mugs before I left the apartment. Knowing them, they're probably just sitting up in bed now. *rolls eyes* Just let her try and text me. My thumb will click "delete message" faster than you can say "*****-slap".

sweet

:D

i've always wanted to hit some of those people too

maybe try to control yourself a little better in case things turn for worse next time something like that happens

but otherwise very sweet

:p

:)

Good job. So the moral of the story is sometimes violence IS the answer. Nah just kidding, it was self defense and the guy started the physical confrontation. Plus he is lucky you only slapped him.

yeap...pretty much.

If you had ever watched cops, authories or police take down or body slam a stupid ass drunk acting out...
They don't trip out, negociate nor make appalogies.

BTW...anyone can make a citizen arrest and simply charge him with miss orderly conduct.

Now she's been texting/calling me (or trying to) the past few days since I've been home. I don't even want to talk to her, and if she doesn't end up moving, I'm going to start looking for another place around there once next quarter starts. I don't like being followed up on, especially by a person who's only known me for 10 weeks. -.-

I'm tired of being so nice and accepting so I'm just going to ignore her until further notice. She needs to leave me the hell alone. I'm not even there any more and I took what I needed/wanted and stored it all in my room the day I moved upstairs before I left. I left no messes, and I have no responsibilities there. Congrats for her; she has the whole place to herself and her fiancee for the next 6 weeks. Let's see if she can herself to stay at a reasonably happy/non-bitchy mood.

Latest posts

Back