So this is how the advanced workouts looks like ... :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnylife33

Reaction score
5-day-split-1024x542.jpg

so this is how those advanced gym going people do it ...

good to know ...

now i know where to advance towards ....

:)

5-day-split-1024x542.jpg

so this is how those advanced gym going people do it ...

good to know ...

now i know where to advance towards ....

Not necessarily. Have you spoken with a trainer? It depends what you want to work, among many other factors. When I was going regularly wayyyy back when, I used to do about twice that number of exercises, but with different sets, because I wasn't interested in "bulking up"; I was working strenght only.

My advice to you is not necessarily to pull something off the web, but pay a little extra and actually sit down with a trainer, with your objectives and where you want to go, how much time and frequency you want to put in, etc. It'll make it much more precise, targeted, efficient.

Hello Richard_39 ,

I have been going to the gym properly from december 2 2022 ...

I have been working out 5 days a week ... saturday , sunday was rest days for me ...

then i kept reading about the importance of recovery days ...

that was a very confusing subject ...

i suddenly had doubts if i was over training ...

my training would look like this ...

all the body parts , every 5 days ...

monday - 2 hours
tuesday - 2 hours
wednesday - 2 hours
thursday - 2 hours
friday - 2 hours

saturday - rest
sunday - rest

then suddenly i read stuffs like this ...

There are two kinds of muscle growth – sarcoplasmic growth and myofibrillar growth. Myofibrils are the elongated threads in skeletal muscle fibers which contract.

Hypertrophy is the enlargement of an organ or tissue. This enlargement in size is due to an increase of cells.

Two factors that contribute to muscle hypertrophy, or muscle growth are sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, which is an increase in your muscle glycogen storage, and myofibrillar hypertrophy, which is an increase in myofibril size.

Myofibril hypertrophy happens when you stimulate your muscles by lifting heavy weights, which causes trauma to the individual muscle fibers. Because your body treats this as an injury, it overcompensates and in attempts to recover, increases the volume and density of the ‘injured’ myofibrils.

Sarcoplasm is the fluid and energy resources surrounding the myofibrils in your muscles. It contains ATP, glycogen, creatine phosphate and water. Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy occurs when the volume of sarcoplasmic fluid in your muscle cells increase. The muscles need to last longer with less of a need for maximum strength and speed in briefer periods. This would add to muscle volume, but not grow fibers, resulting in less functional mass and a reduction in relative strength because it would be adding less useful bodyweight.

Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is bigger in bodybuilders’ muscles. A general rule would involve higher reps of moderate weight with short rest periods. Your aim is to ‘pump up’, filling the muscles with blood.

Myofibrillar hypertrophy is more advantageous and common in competitive weight lifters, martial arts and gymnastics. You should aim for very heavy weights (a majority percentage of your one rep maximum) and focus on few (one-five) reps that ensure slow, perfect technique. Longer rest periods between sets are advisable. Your larger muscle fibers will increase force, meaning more strength and speed. Therefore, myofibrillar hypertrophy is the most functional form of muscle growth.

So suddenly i thought i should only work out 4 days a week and give more rest days like this ...

monday - 2 hours
tuesday - 2 hours

wednesday - rest
thursday - rest

friday - 2 hours
saturday - 2 hours

sunday - rest

but i should only worry about recovery like that if i am doing super heavy weight trainings and all ...

i haven't still started doing heavy bench press (barbells ) , squats ( barbell ) or dead lifts (barbells ) yet ...

so there is nothing much to worry about rest days or recovery days now ...

and that is good to know ...

thanks

Yeah, I'm with Richard on this, speak to a trainer and they will help you with a routine that suits and targets what you want to get.

I do an hour of yoga everyday, for flexibility, balance and strength but mostly for my mental health. I throw in a half hour of bodyweight exercises every other day , to build and maintain lean muscle mass and try to get in at least 4 30 minute runs a week for heart health.

I do it differently. I want to be fit and more toned, which I'm achieving. I mix weight training with cardio, alternating days. Every day. I average 2hrs+ a day. I cycle, hit the heavy bag, swim and/or walk for my cardio (i'd love a rowing machine actually). My weight training has me doing abs almost everyday, because you can, and I'll vary my other body part combinations so I cover each of them at least twice a week. I'm 55, so I have to be more careful and eat well, but I don't go nuts with my diet, but I do interval fasting. I'm seeing good results. I bench more than my body weight, do dips with 15kgs hanging off my belt. I can swim laps for an hour, ride trails for up to 4hrs, punch the bag 60-90 minutes at a time. When I go away camping, I hike. I deload every five weeks roughly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back