So..what's worse: being cheated on or abandoned by a lover?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

dan27

Reaction score
I reckon it's just a Reality-Check in the end........:unsure:

So many songs about heartaches, must be par for the course?

So many failed marriages, especially Common Law types.

Next? :cool: Who can you truly T R U S T ?

insecure

Reaction score
I think the worst is if you find out they never loved you in the first place, but had some other motive to pretend a love.
If they cheated on you afterwards or if they broke up with you at least it started with love.

sunflowergirl1306

sunflower lover
Reaction score
I reckon it's just a Reality-Check in the end........:unsure:

So many songs about heartaches, must be par for the course?

So many failed marriages, especially Common Law types.

Next? :cool: Who can you truly T R U S T ?
very true,my mom has the common law,she has been with her spouse for 20 plus years,they have never gotten married.

Claudia1794

Reaction score
Well, dainty hands, being cheated on is absolutely devastating. For me it didn't matter if it was in 7th grade when my big blue eyed boyfriend kissed another girl who only did it because she didn't like me. That was just as painful as when I found my boyfriend of 4 yrs in bed with two girls...yes two... he met at a bar that I worked at. Being cheated on, no matter when or who it was, did a number on my self esteem. I have never been abandoned which i imagine hurts badly, but at least I wouldnt have to see him anymore.

Bones 2.0

Outlined in Chalk
Reaction score
At the end of June 2022, I got ghosted👻 from a 3 hour driving 🚗 distance relationship that started in November 2021 - It didn't bother me and never thought twice about it - feelings were not hurt because I have more serious family issues to deal with after my entire family has passed away except my daughter since 2019 - If cheating was involved, it would have bothered me.

Ghosting = ok - can deal with it

Cheating != ok - can't deal with it as easily

NoxApex(N/A)

Reaction score
I can handle being ignored, it's a common thing that happens, especially in quarrels.
Cheating though is just outright disrespectful, and you're essentially sending the message that the relationship is no longer worth your involvement, so I will end it for you as a result.

TheRealCallie

Princess Pink Love
Reaction score
I've been through both....with the same guy. It's definitely worse being cheated on. Every time he cheated on me, I went a little more into the hole that I put myself in because I didn't think I was good enough for anyone. I was a miserable wreck when he left me and it was touch and go for a while, but that's what it took for me to take my life back, eventually.

Latest posts