So..what's worse: being cheated on or abandoned by a lover?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan27

Reaction score
I reckon it's just a Reality-Check in the end........:unsure:

So many songs about heartaches, must be par for the course?

So many failed marriages, especially Common Law types.

Next? :cool: Who can you truly T R U S T ?

I think the worst is if you find out they never loved you in the first place, but had some other motive to pretend a love.
If they cheated on you afterwards or if they broke up with you at least it started with love.

I reckon it's just a Reality-Check in the end........:unsure:

So many songs about heartaches, must be par for the course?

So many failed marriages, especially Common Law types.

Next? :cool: Who can you truly T R U S T ?
very true,my mom has the common law,she has been with her spouse for 20 plus years,they have never gotten married.

Well, dainty hands, being cheated on is absolutely devastating. For me it didn't matter if it was in 7th grade when my big blue eyed boyfriend kissed another girl who only did it because she didn't like me. That was just as painful as when I found my boyfriend of 4 yrs in bed with two girls...yes two... he met at a bar that I worked at. Being cheated on, no matter when or who it was, did a number on my self esteem. I have never been abandoned which i imagine hurts badly, but at least I wouldnt have to see him anymore.

At the end of June 2022, I got ghosted👻 from a 3 hour driving 🚗 distance relationship that started in November 2021 - It didn't bother me and never thought twice about it - feelings were not hurt because I have more serious family issues to deal with after my entire family has passed away except my daughter since 2019 - If cheating was involved, it would have bothered me.

Ghosting = ok - can deal with it

Cheating != ok - can't deal with it as easily

I can handle being ignored, it's a common thing that happens, especially in quarrels.
Cheating though is just outright disrespectful, and you're essentially sending the message that the relationship is no longer worth your involvement, so I will end it for you as a result.

I've been through both....with the same guy. It's definitely worse being cheated on. Every time he cheated on me, I went a little more into the hole that I put myself in because I didn't think I was good enough for anyone. I was a miserable wreck when he left me and it was touch and go for a while, but that's what it took for me to take my life back, eventually.

So my views are a little controversial. I dont care how many times a man cheats, I care how many times I need him and he doesn't show up, and omg I care if he plays with my head, im crazy enough lol Sleeping with some big boobs brenda… mehh… I can get over that. Im a simple girl, take me shopping. Why throw away love because some dumb chick persuauded him, women have been persuading men to make dumb decisions from the beginning of time.. so the story goes. Something about an apple and a garden?

So my views are a little controversial. I dont care how many times a man cheats, I care how many times I need him and he doesn't show up, and omg I care if he plays with my head, im crazy enough lol Sleeping with some big boobs brenda… mehh… I can get over that. Im a simple girl, take me shopping. Why throw away love because some dumb chick persuauded him, women have been persuading men to make dumb decisions from the beginning of time.. so the story goes. Something about an apple and a garden?
This is also a interesting way of thinking about it, you are referring to Adam and Eve in this, correct? There are many forms of love, and none are absolutely correct, and none are absolutely in correct it is a interpretation of your emotional, mental, physical and psychological attachment, to someone, some thing, some place, some feeling or emotion (in this case it is love for another). I do not wish to post a video on your thread without your permission, but I do have this video as well on my thread (things that make you think) its 1st or 2nd row if I remember correctly yea second row towards the bottom it's called (why do we love?) if you want to look if not its fine.

Last edited:
This is also a interesting way of thinking about it, you are referring to Adam and Eve in this, correct? There are many forms of love, and none are absolutely correct, and none are absolutely in correct it is a interpretation of your emotional, mental, physical and psychological attachment, to someone, some thing, some place, some feeling or emotion (in this case it is love for another). I do not wish to post a video on your thread without your permission, but I do have this video as well on my thread (things that make you think) its 1st or 2nd row if I remember correctly yea second row towards the bottom it's called (why do we love?) if you want to look if not its fine.
Well I’m not religious to be fair the Adam and Eve part is just my sense oh humour (veryyyy dryyy lol) Ahh I will deffo check the video out on yours as it sounds interesting.

He: "What do you want for dinner?" :unsure:
She: "What do YOU want for dinner?" 😒
How about the fruit we shouldnt touch, we havent tried that yet 😅

Latest posts

Back