social media

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Facebook. Don't have Tik Tok though, or Snapchat, or Instagram, or Twitter, or anything else, unless you count things like this forum, or Skype and Discord. FB is as far into social media as I get.

Last edited:
You should not be proud to say you hate it having never used it about anything.

*edit drugs or cigarettes or something that hurts people in a quantifiable way sure that makes sense

I never hopped onto the bandwagon of anything that came after Twitter.
Now I don't have any of it.
It helps influence dopamine addiction, lowers attention spans, and socially turns people against each other.
It's also a terrible idea for a business platform, it's a good idea in theory but a bad idea in practice.
The younger generation of people started turning to Tiktok in part of the Millennial usage of Facebook and Twitter for business advertisements.
Which is where the whole Gaslight, Gatekeep, Girlboss meme comes from, it's a parody of multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes.
Which I actually do find kind of funny.
And to quote a guy who tried to sell me into one of those once: "It's not a Pyramid Scheme! It's a Multi-Faceted Triangular Business Structure!"
😂😂😂

It's less of the usage of social media that's unhealthy though, and more of the actual way that the stuff is designed and developed that makes it bad.
It's part of the reason I prefer forums, it's less picture-based, and less clique-ish, but that could just be my perception because I still approach forums like a 90's gamer. :unsure:🤷‍♂️😂

I use Facebook personally, and that's it. On a work level, I have to use Instagram and access other social media like Twitter and Tik Tok. I hate it all. All the different platforms are based on narcissism, but seems to me that Instagram and Tik Tok are especially narcissistic - even more so than Facebook.

I don't use Facebook at all because it's terrible. It's too complicated and weird for me. It seems that only the older adults use it now. This Facebook thing even scares me a bit because it's too invasive and greatly breaches private life. Therefore I like TikTok much more. You can find anything you like there, and it's much more entertaining. It's also useful for small businesses because they can easily get free new followers from websites like SocialFollowersFree and get more orders this way. It significantly influences small businesses' income, and some even consider TikTok the most important source of their income.
Hello and welcome

You should not be proud to say you hate it having never used it about anything.

*edit drugs or cigarettes or something that hurts people in a quantifiable way sure that makes sense
You are right, I'm not proud about it but I've seen all the tik tok videos polluting the web and honestly I don't like them so for that reason I don't feel like ever using it. But who knows maybe some day I'll give it a try.

Well, I'm kind of proud because I think using Social Media sites has had very negative effects on our society. Also I'm proud for not using Fakebook because it was used to suck up all kinds of private information of millions of people, which has harmed all of us.

You are right, I'm not proud about it but I've seen all the tik tok videos polluting the web and honestly I don't like them so for that reason I don't feel like ever using it. But who knows maybe some day I'll give it a try.
Early youtube was like What What In The Butt and stuff now it's arguably the best way to learn anything.

Before TikTok appeared, I was constantly on Facebook, but now I like TikTok the most. By the way, I even recently made my TikTok account and plan to develop my account by any means.

I have Facebook, but mainly because of the groups, and you can get a lot of support for pretty much any niche or hobby. I don't really have loads of people on it.

I don't really like TickTok because I think the stupid content far outweighs the good stuff. When I used it there seemed to be many videos of "I cant believe I never knew this" - which half was just fake, people doing actual moronic stuff for views, and young girls dancing in provocative ways.

Before TikTok appeared, I was constantly on Facebook, but now I like TikTok the most. By the way, I even recently made my TikTok account and plan to develop my account by any means.
Before TikTok appeared, I was constantly on Facebook, but now I like TikTok the most. By the way, I even recently made my TikTok account and plan to develop my account by any means. In other words, I want to become popular and, at the same time, make high-quality and interesting content. Of course, like all artists, at the very beginning, I decided to buy a few followers from this service -- https://tikfreefollowers.com/, so many friends advised me to do because the prices there are very cheap relative to other services.

I use Fessebook mostly because friends and family have been on it for years. Those are the ones I talk to the most. Kind of frown on the rest.

I left Facebook on April 15th of 2021 and I will never return back to there. Throughout the years being on Facebook many so called "friends" totally blew me off me through messenger, wasn't included with get-togethers and planned events and that was the place where I lost pretty much all of my so called "friends" due to my position on covid.

When 2021 ended and 2022 rolled in I totally gave up my cell phone. I have separated myself away. When I do go out for a coffee or a tea I look for an isolated and quiet spot where I can be with myself, my thoughts and my ideas.

Latest posts

Back