Software to make your life better!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mouse

I used to suffer awful eyestrain from the glare of my computer screen until a friend recommended me f.lux

f.lux makes your computer screen adapt to the time of day: warm at night and natural sunlight during the day. No more glaring screen glow at night to make my eyes screw up. Of course, one could tone the contrast down, but it doesn't work anywhere as effeciently as f.lux.

The people behind f/lux won't spam you. You have my assurance on that. They will ask you a few questions like post code/zip code so their software can automatically adjust to the time of day or night. You can temporarily turn off the software if needing to view pictures, for example. It is very easily ctrolled to suit your personal requirements, even control in a little panel on your systems tray the degrees Kelvin that ideally suits your eyes, day or night, any time of the day.

I don't suffer eyestrain much. It reduces any eyestrain. f.lux also is free and this is why I recommend such a fine piece of software, and you also, will benefit like me. :)

Anna

That is a great piece of software i was looking for something like that for a while but found nothing that worked that well so thanks for recommending it :).

NightHawkJohn said:
That is a great piece of software i was looking for something like that for a while but found nothing that worked that well so thanks for recommending it :).

I apologise for my slow response, but am glad it's working well for you. f.lux has really helped keeping eyestrain away.

I'd be interested to read if anyone else has found my link useful.

thanks, I've been using it for the past month and my eyes thank you too XD

Latest posts

Back