Someone feeling the Same?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phlip1103

Reaction score
Hello to all out there.
I'll just try my luck here. If not here, then where else?
I'll just start, my name is Phillip I'm 32 years old and I'm studying International and European Law in Germany.
When I was a baby I was adopted and then I grew up in Germany. My childhood was really crap. And that's where we're at. I would love to have some kind of family. Someone I can visit on holidays, someone I can tell something to, just someone who is interested in me.
I guess I have a significant other and all. But just the thought of never being able to give our kids to grandparents breaks my heart. It makes me feel terribly small and lonely.
Maybe someone here feels the same way and can help.

I can't say I relate to your story much. But I do have some family members who were given up for adoption when they were babies and I actually just found out about them and reconnected not too long ago. Is looking for your birth family an option?

I'm reminded of the movie, "Joe Dirt," in some ways, heh. Perhaps make your own family...

I'm quite close to my family; but, in other ways very distant from them. It'd be nice to have another family of close friends...

Yes I tried that, but they do not want contact

Well, I can tell you that a lot of my family want nothing to do with the two people I found. But they are all a bunch of prudish, snobby bitches. The family that I found are both the daughters of my grandmother's sister. I actually found them on 23andMe. Have you considered something like that? Just because certain family don't want contact doesn't necessarily mean none of them do.

I don't blame you if you don't want to go that route. It would have to be really hard. But just remember...blood doesn't make family, love does.

Latest posts

Back