something you can't get enough of

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It used to be Star Wars. Growing up, I didn't care as much that I wasn't "cool" or wasn't rich or didn't have a girlfriend, I mean, I didn't LOVE that situation, but I had my Star Wars stuff and I enjoyed finding out everything I could about it. It helped me stay in the kid world, and ignore the world of the mean people that were in such a hurry to grow up. That world seemed dark, cold, and negative to me. The kid world of toys and games and imaginary things seemed more fun to me, nicer, warmer, more friendly.

Some would probably say I was obsessed and out of touch with my peers, but I was happier. I figured I couldn't do anything or get anywhere in their world anyway because I wasn't born the right kind of person so what was the point of worrying about it, and what was the harm in liking what I liked?

Don't get me wrong, I still like Star Wars, but it's not the cure-all that it used to be. It's nice, but it doesn't take me away from my problems like it used to. Now I have to figure out how to make my own money and how to attract someone/get someone interested in me, and Star Wars can't really help with that. I was more into it than I was into my own life growing up, the stuff I had to do was just stuff in the way while I waited to play, which I considered my real life and interests. But now I have to make my own life into something. So it's become more of a side interest than my main. My main interest these days is wanting to escape my problems in life once and for all.

Last edited:
Where's the pizza guy? Okay, I'll say it, Pizza!

iu

Latest posts

Back