Sometimes being healthy is being unhealthy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, so some of you might have known I've been having headaches pretty much every day for the past couple of months. I eat really healthy. But, I still kept trying to eliminate different things to see if anything made a difference. But, nothing seemed to change until.........

I decided to eat something packed with sodium a couple days ago. I figured I rarely eat anything with sodium so it shouldn't kill me. Well, after a couple hours my headache nearly went away and my energy level started to increase. Then I started to realize I hadn't eaten anything with sodium in it for quite sometime except for a couple spoonfuls of sauerkraut. I figured I'd get enough sodium from that. But, it turns out that I wasn't.

So, I need to start putting some crap food back into my diet to make me healhy again. Crazy isn't it? Ha! ha!

Is there anything that you were doing to improve your healthy which had a negative result?

Football (soccer) destroyed me. When you are young you don't care about injuries etc, but 15 years later and they've messed me up royally. Sport isn't healthy :ROFLMAO: . When you said about sauerkraut it reminded me of Weird Al Yankovic:ROFLMAO:

Football (soccer) destroyed me. When you are young you don't care about injuries etc, but 15 years later and they've messed me up royally. Sport isn't healthy :ROFLMAO: . When you said about sauerkraut it reminded me of Weird Al Yankovic:ROFLMAO:
Yeah, exactly. Parents listen up, if your kid isn't going to end up playing professional sports don't have them mess themselves up for a few seconds of fame. I was in track. I'm so glad now that I didn't let the football guys talk me into joining the team. I would have gotten creamed.

Last edited:
Yeah, exactly. Parents listen up, if you kid isn't going to end up playing professional sports don't have them mess themselves up for a few seconds of fame. I was in track. I'm so glad now that I didn't let the football guys talk me into joining the team. I would have gotten creamed.
My left knee used to crack, creak and burn profusely till i had physiotherapy. Still need physiotherapy on my ankles/shins though as they are ruined

Are you drinking enough water?just drink water if your not drinking enough,you need to stay hydrated,especially if you live in the heat,like I do.

Are you drinking enough water?just drink water if your not drinking enough,you need to stay hydrated,especially if you live in the heat,like I do.
Well, you see that can be a problem too. I have been drinking quite a bit of water. I actually think too much. And that combined with taking in virtually no sodium my electrolyte balance was way off. I feel much better today. I decreased my water consumption and had a lunch with sodium in it.

Well, you see that can be a problem too. I have been drinking quite a bit of water. I actually think too much. And that combined with taking in virtually no sodium my electrolyte balance was way off. I feel much better today. I decreased my water consumption and had a lunch with sodium in it.
I'm so glad to hear this Finished 🙂

Okay, so some of you might have known I've been having headaches pretty much every day for the past couple of months. I eat really healthy. But, I still kept trying to eliminate different things to see if anything made a difference. But, nothing seemed to change until.........

I decided to eat something packed with sodium a couple days ago. I figured I rarely eat anything with sodium so it shouldn't kill me. Well, after a couple hours my headache nearly went away and my energy level started to increase. Then I started to realize I hadn't eaten anything with sodium in it for quite sometime except for a couple spoonfuls of sauerkraut. I figured I'd get enough sodium from that. But, it turns out that I wasn't.

So, I need to start putting some crap food back into my diet to make me healhy again. Crazy isn't it? Ha! ha!

Is there anything that you were doing to improve your healthy which had a negative result?
most of us eat sodium every day without realising it, same as sugar. and you should limit it, otherwise you get high blood pressure and narrow arteries, maybe a stroke or heart attack. I take potassium to balance against the sodium. never put crap food in and say its to help you, it may taste nice but it never helps you. you could have had fruit or whatever instead to off set the sodium and got the help too. If you are truly health conscience you dont eat much fruit either because of the sugar.

most of us eat sodium every day without realising it, same as sugar. and you should limit it, otherwise you get high blood pressure and narrow arteries, maybe a stroke or heart attack. I take potassium to balance against the sodium. never put crap food in and say its to help you, it may taste nice but it never helps you. you could have had fruit or whatever instead to off set the sodium and got the help too. If you are truly health conscience you dont eat much fruit either because of the sugar.
I agree the average person eats too much sodium and sugar. The only fruit I eat are tomatoes sometimes. I practically never eat processed foods and I only drink plain water. I make ever meal fresh and never add salt or sugar. And, I eat very little meat. So, I normally get very little to no sodium. A person can be low on sodium. I've known others that were.

Hi, I only drink water and make sure it is distilled. Have all the muck removed from it first, I do this myself with my own distiller. But it does sound like you are on a terrific healthy diet and yes in your case you would be havig very little sodium. I can see that.

Unhealthy foods are only that if not in moderation. Of course it's good to have a decent diet (with a good range) and exercise, but if you eat something unhealthy from time to time it's no big deal.

Latest posts

Back