Songs you hate the most

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrong

Silent Hill
Reaction score
I compiled this list here, of the 10 songs I absolutely despise. Took some work actually to pick literally the worst of the worst, u know songs they play often in stores, on the radio and such and you just completely hate:

1. Dexys Midnight Runners - Come on Aileen
2. The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
3. Aqua - Barbie Girl
4. B-52's - Love Shack
5. Des'ree - Life
6. Simply Red - Something Got Me Started
7. Lou Bega - Mambo No. 5
8. Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah
9. Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
10. Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe

I'd like to hear yours, I wanna see what songs people mention. I'm sure I forgot a whole bunch.

^I would listen to almost any of those songs - except perhaps "Barbie Girl" and "Cotton Eye Joe" - over anything by Post Malone.

I guess that gives away what my list is going to be.

1.) White Iverson by Post Malone

Fill in the rest with any nine other Post Malone or other mumble rap songs you can think of. Seriously, the world didn't need any of this.

Basically any song that's all like, "I have more money, sex, and power than you, therefore I'm better than you, life is nothing but a cold, cynical competition for resources and sex, character and imagination don't matter, feelings are sentimental nonsense". Any song that's like gospel music for the Survival of the Fittest cult.

Dishonorable Mention:

"In Da Club" by 50 Cent, for a couple reasons.

One, because I remember back in 2003 and 2004, you couldn't get away from that song if you wanted to. I was finishing high school at the time, and I remember it was everywhere.

Two, I feel like 50 Cent was like the spoiled, egotistical rich kids' own Kurt Cobain, he was their spokesman. He was saying the things they fantasized about, how they saw themselves, how they thought things should be. He really pushed their worldview/life philosophy/belief system. I feel like even though he didn't invent it singlehandedly, he really blew up and accelerated the whole "money sex power" cynical culture we have today (at least in music), where the amount of those things that you have or can get, is basically what determines your worth as a person, instead of, say, your character.

PS - actually filling out a list of ten songs that I hate, is kind of hard, because generally I try to avoid listening to songs I don't like, or just not being aware of them in the first place, and I've been pretty good at it too.

Last edited:
I compiled this list here, of the 10 songs I absolutely despise. Took some work actually to pick literally the worst of the worst, u know songs they play often in stores, on the radio and such and you just completely hate:

3. Aqua - Barbie Girl
4. B-52's - Love Shack
5. Des'ree - Life

I'd like to hear yours, I wanna see what songs people mention. I'm sure I forgot a whole bunch.
Yeap, I can agree with these. I'm going to have a think, compile my list tomorrow.

ooooooooooo I don't like Barbie Girl either
or Stop Right now, thank you very much...

But the one that bothers me the most is... Get Lucky

I live in a place where English is not the first language
I am so tired of people singing the lyrics and not knowing what they are saying... !

A Horse With No Name.... argh

I’d agree with the B-52’s for sure, Off the top of my head, here’s a few more that get an instant skip if they dare come up on my playlist:

1. R.E.M. - Shiny Happy People
2. Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
3. Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
4. Anything by Elvis Costello
5. Rap of any kind

Fill in the rest with any nine other Post Malone or other mumble rap songs you can think of. Seriously, the world didn't need any of this.
Never heard of Post Malone, but guessing that’s a good thing if you describe it as mumble rap. See #5.

5. Rap of any kind
Never heard of Post Malone, but guessing that’s a good thing if you describe it as mumble rap. See #5.

Haha, yeah, save your ears.
But really though - I don't actually dislike all of rap. It took me a while to come around, cause like I said, growing up, rap was presented to me as the spoiled crowd's music of choice. And of course they liked the stuff about money, sex, weed, and ego. So naturally, anything they liked, I didn't.

It took me a while to find other rap out there, that's different from the mainstream rap that sounds like it was made in a factory. The other stuff is more poetic, lyrical, more focused on storytelling, and the beats are more interesting too, instead of the over-the-top sound they go for with the mainstream stuff, the "money sex power" anthems. But it's there, and it's not all like that. The bad stuff just gives the whole genre a bad name.

Last edited:
my sister used to play this song in the morning before she goes to work and it was like an unwanted alarm clock for me.

something about looking at my dairy boys wanna marry...... its like a really girly song

I don't hate many songs, but I've always really hated this one.
wish I didn't click that. It won't be the most hated song in my list but still quite annoying. :LOL:

2. Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
i can't...just can't :ROFLMAO:

If there is one song that make me go "Please make it stop!" it would be Tokyo Drift - Teriyaki Boyz

every driver in a heavily modified and lowered car I encounter would be blasting this abomination of a tune at one point in time.
I'm genuinely terrified of a Mad Max like future where this song will be used as a war cry of sorts.

Most of the playlist at work I hate.
Because we don't really have control over it at the store, it's remotely streamed.
We can turn the music off and on, volume up and down, but can't skip through songs anymore.

THIS however...annoys the Hell out of me...

Anything by Coldplay or James Blunt, wtf! how are they legally allowed to inflict their dross on unsuspecting members of the public?
you're in luck. All you have to do is buy James Blunt's album and he will stop for good
50713655-10222179-image-m-19_1637341527969.jpg

I'm surprised Nickelback is not mentioned yet...:LOL:

you're in luck. All you have to do is buy James Blunt's album and he will stop for good
I may be a sad, eccentric, ageing, virtual recluse with severe personal issues but buy a James Blunt record?!? I couldn't live with that stigma and he bloody well knows it hence his tweet, who's nuts enough to admit they buy his ' music '?

So I thought of another one recently -

"Yeah!" by Usher.

It was another one of those songs in the early 2000s, my high school days, that you couldn't get away from if you wanted to. And another dumb, dopey money-sex-ego-clubbing-social hierarchy-survival of the fittest-MAGAswag anthem. I remember some people I knew at the time would pick me up in the morning sometimes on the way to school, and they'd have the radio on, and this song played pretty much every day.

It's another one of those songs that if I never heard it again, it would be too soon.

Also while we're at it:

"Bangarang" by Skrillex, and pretty much that whole dubstep/EDM scene, whatever you call it. More money sex drugs survival of the fittest MAGAverse nonsense.

Also Billie Eilish in general, "Bad Guy" especially, but all of her stuff, just like Post Malone. I don't like her whole "ooh I'm dark and edgy and 'depressed', I'm some kind of child genius" vibe. Honestly I don't think she's doing anything that genius or different than anything that's been done before, or anything that sincere. On the one hand it makes sense that her stuff wouldn't connect with me because I'm not in her target demographic, but it still feels pretentious and like a cynical money grab to me.

But wait there's more!

Not a big fan of Mumford and Sons, or that whole folky-hipster stuff. Again, it seems pretentious and insincere.

Last edited:
Pretty much anything after 2005...well, 1995, but, some aren't that bad perspectively and I hate to admit this, and will vehemently deny it under oath..but there is a Swift song I hate to love to listen to.

3. Aqua - Barbie Girl
4. B-52's - Love Shack
5. Des'ree - Life

Latest posts

Back