Songs your embarrest for liking

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonesome Crow said:
Lmao..... I like these songs though.

[youtube]BjWGjT5fP24[/youtube]

OMG, I like all them songs
shy.jpg

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
Goody two shoes by Adam Ant.:(

[youtube]Y3g5G0PFuXQ[/youtube]

haha, Ye that is a pretty pants song. Hold your head down in shame son lol

I have head my dad play better. but only a bit better. My dads fav song is daddy cool LMAO I am telling the truth as well.

I don't know if I actually am embarrassed... I have no shame LMAO. More Adam and the Ants... and a couple of others.

haha Steel you have no shame. I love the first two songs. Always have. Stand and Deliver!!! An amazing song.

and Lonesome Crow how come all songs you are embarrassed for liking are from the 80s lol I love 80s music.

The Shaggs - Philosophy of the World

Comments from various reviews

"...loopy polyrhythms that follow no external law, off-kilter singing conducted in unison that sounds like the hit parade broadcast from Jupiter, and bizarre, elementary-school guitar playing."

"No one's denying that this is a terrible album, at least from the customary perspective of music appreciation and criticism. Technically speaking, these are probably the worst musical performances I've ever heard."

"...only the barest rudiments of musicianship (actually, that's being generous)..."

"...utter lack of musical ability..."

"They could barely play their instruments, and they didn't sing that well, either."

"If, after hearing the first few seconds of Philosophy of the World, you don't check your speakers to see what the f*^* is wrong with them, you obviously have a hearing problem."

"The singer sounds like she constantly has marbles rolling down her tounge. The drummer seems to be trying to work without a metronome, and as a result, the beat seems to constantly fluctuate. And the guitars...*shudder*...to get the guitar effect of Shaggs music, loosen the strings to the point that they could be used as jump ropes without your knowing about it. If,in the process, this causes your guitar to be horribly out of tune...good job. As for riffs or song structure, NO."

"The Shaggs go beyond primitive into a land of people who appear to have never before heard music."

"...it's hard to believe anyone could be this bad."

"This is, without a doubt, the worst music I've ever heard."

"When it comes to this album, we can all agree that the music itself sucks, and the Wiggins sisters can not by any means play their instruments or sing well."

"These "songs" are musical crimes of passion. They qualify as second-degree murder of the popular music genre."

"There is no song structure, no melody, no preconceived notions of what a song should be or not be."

"The best thing about the Shaggs is that they really had no idea how terrible they really were."

"It's funny how those who don't like this album have such vitriol against those of us that like this."

Steel said:
I don't know if I actually am embarrassed... I have no shame LMAO. More Adam and the Ants... and a couple of others.

Hey wait a minute! The ONLY thing wrong with that Dead or ALive video, is that the dude has bigger hair than I did back in the 80s. I'm jealous. *pouts* I LOVED DOA! :p And I'm not ashamed to say it!:p

:club:

Bluey said:

I only hate that song cuz I had a VERY annoying neighbor named Micky. I had the urge to beat him in a daily basis, for his utter stupidity.

He used to sit outside and sing 38 Special songs- as far off key as a human being can possibly sing them. :|

EveWasFramed said:
Bluey said:

I only hate that song cuz I had a VERY annoying neighbor named Micky. I had the urge to beat him in a daily basis, for his utter stupidity.

He used to sit outside and sing 38 Special songs- as far off key as a human being can possibly sing them. :|

Who Eve oww Eve your soo fine your so fine you blow my mind hay Eve lol ;)

Lonesome Crow said:

OK...
1. Madonna was the 80s. personified!
2. Samantha Fox and Lita Ford were hottness, personified.
3. Katy Perry is..well, Katy Perry! :p She has a style all her own.
4. Brit...well, she has a nice ass- for a train wreck, lol
5. Pat Benatar, along with Joan Jett, were the quintessential 80s female talents!

lol, the only one I can fault you for there Rocket, is the Brit song. :D I would chosen Slave For You. :p

Lonesome Crow said:
And these too...lol
especailly the last one:rolleyes:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IME0Ch7WAF0

1. Blondie: First female rapper, lol. Other faves: Rapture and Call Me!
2. Kim Wilde: well, lol, I tried, but I just cant think of anything good to say! :p
3. yvonne Elliman: Great song.
4. Cyndi Lauper: 80s Goddess! Didnt do too bad in the 90s either. lmao, two words: She Bop!!!! :p (I'm bad, I know, lol)
5. Belinda Carlisle: Great voice, liked her better when she ditched the Go Go's :p
6. Olivia Newton-John: err...ok that one was pretty weird, lol, sorry :p

Bluey said:
EveWasFramed said:
Bluey said:

Who Eve oww Eve your soo fine your so fine you blow my mind hay Eve lol ;)

rofl, Bluey, just don't start serenading me with 38 Special songs. :p

Ok, so in my teen years I was an NSYNC fan..like a HUGE fan. I admit that to this day I still listen to some of their songs..in private of course..but I can't help listening to them! They bring back good memories! The same goes for New Kids on the Block. What can I say--I guess I was a teeny bopper back in the day.

EveWasFramed said:
Lonesome Crow said:

OK...
5. Pat Benatar, along with Joan Jett, were the quintessential 80s female talents!

lol, the only one I can fault you for there Rocket, is the Brit song. :D I would chosen Slave For You. :p

well..this ain't Slave..Oops
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=D1sguF2D1UA

Thank god for remakes.:rolleyes:
Ooooohhh noooo...Woohhh,.... wwwwhhoooooooo
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJB2Z_aTEQ

I almost had a crush on him...lmao
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qkGOxMyy55c

any disney song lol

Lonesome Crow said:
EveWasFramed said:
Lonesome Crow said:

OK...

well..this ain't Slave..Oops
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=D1sguF2D1UA

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJB2Z_aTEQ

I almost had a crush on him...lmao
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qkGOxMyy55c

Lonesome Crow said:

Man that songs awesome :D Always has been. Only cos it takes the piss out of wacko jako, But it still rocks :cool:

Latest posts

Back