Stalking... when is too far, too far?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CenotaphGirl

Under the dirt, that’s my home ⚰️
Reaction score
I am someone who gets stalked a lot actually, I have had several stalkers through out my life,
If im being honest, some I encouraged (without meaning too) and some I've straight up told to leave me alone.
Recently one internet stalker has been over the top, constantly messaging me every single night.
I didn't ghost him I explained why I would no longer be talking to him anymore. He won't respect my decision.
I blocked his number multiple times, I suspect all google numbers, so I wanted to act like I changed numbers.
So I just didn't reply, or block, just nothing, he still messages me every single night. He leaves me weird voice mails, telling me he loves me.
Sometimes just funny voicemails about the bottles of wine in his fridge and random jokes I listen to all of them with my mum.
Previously when we would chat daily, he kept pressuring me to give him my address, i'm so happy I never did, but he did change his name to the name of my old street.
I'm not sure how he found this out, so that scares me a little.

I just feel bad to call the police because I think, what if he gets in serious trouble?

I don't want that, I just don't want to be harassed. You know?

Do you think theres a less extreme way to deal with this? My mum thinks it's all going too far.

Save all records txt voice mails etc for evidence if it ever gets to that. A man should know better if a woman likes him he wouldn't need to do any of that in first place. I'm in a slightly different but similar situation being accused of harassment by a female neighbor who never heard a bad word from me and doesn't talk to me anymore. Good thing i checked her background and kept all our text communications and videos from my security cameras. Now i can't even go outside my door without my phone camera recording video and i'm looking into a more discrete video recording options because people are evil in my toxic environment. Less extreme way is to tell his family what he does to you. That's what i'm going to do in my case. Bring them all here, get her outside and put her in her place right in front of them. Not even behind her back. If you do it and it works, he leaves you alone, problem solved. If not, get protection order from police.

Save all records txt voice mails etc for evidence if it ever gets to that. A man should know better if a woman likes him he wouldn't need to do any of that in first place. I'm in a slightly different but similar situation being accused of harassment by a female neighbor who never heard a bad word from me and doesn't talk to me anymore. Good thing i checked her background and kept all our text communications and videos from my security cameras. Now i can't even go outside my door without my phone camera recording video and i'm looking into a more discrete video recording options because people are evil in my toxic environment. Less extreme way is to tell his family what he does to you. That's what i'm going to do in my case. Bring them all here, get her outside and put her in her place right in front of them. Not even behind her back. If you do it and it works, he leaves you alone, problem solved. If not, get protection order from police.
I don't really even know him to get his family involved, he was from a virtual support group and he said due to his impairment he'd prefer to use voice to text instead so he asked for my number, I was a bit hesitant but I thought oh... why not. After a while I explained that I dont wanna talk to him, he crossed the line with some comments...

He has messaged me millions of times now, I feel so nervous about getting the police involved as I think, omg what if this makes him get in serious trouble, I'd feel bad over a bit of texting... but I actually dont know how to make him stop.

I don't really even know him to get his family involved, he was from a virtual support group and he said due to his impairment he'd prefer to use voice to text instead so he asked for my number, I was a bit hesitant but I thought oh... why not. After a while I explained that I dont wanna talk to him, he crossed the line with some comments...

He has messaged me millions of times now, I feel so nervous about getting the police involved as I think, omg what if this makes him get in serious trouble, I'd feel bad over a bit of texting... but I actually dont know how to make him stop.

Text him back to stop. Don't block his number let him continue but don't reply. Then get police involved. He won't get in trouble first time they talk to him.

Text him back to stop. Don't block his number let him continue but don't reply. Then get police involved. He won't get in trouble first time they talk to him.
You know what... I will do this, do you think I should say, please stop or I will inform the police?

You know what... I will do this, do you think I should say, please stop or I will inform the police?
yes absolutely. if he's not a nutcase and not a criminal and you dont want that kind of attention then he needs to be told. text to stop and save all communications for some time. take screenshots for backup.

yes absolutely. if he's not a nutcase and not a criminal and you dont want that kind of attention then he needs to be told. text to stop and save all communications for some time. take screenshots for backup.
Deffo, I've told him so many times, but then people said I keep responding, so then I ignored, but I've never mentioned the police, so im hoping that puts an end to it. I don't think he's meaning to be like this, I think he suffers with autism so I feel a little conflicted, thanks for this idea actually.

Deffo, I've told him so many times, but then people said I keep responding, so then I ignored, but I've never mentioned the police, so im hoping that puts an end to it. I don't think he's meaning to be like this, I think he suffers with autism so I feel a little conflicted, thanks for this idea actually.

mental health condition complicates it because you don't want to destroy someone like that. just mention police first. if he doesn't stop, then get police involved but tell them you don't want to press charges, only talk to him to stop. if he stops, problem solved. if not, police know what to do. in usa 5 warning shots in the back or a knee to the neck and they stop lol

Not sure what to do about this fellow who keeps contacting you aside from blocking.

Just wanted to mention to make sure you have your privacy settings on any social media you use set up. It boggles my mind how many people essentially leave their social media accounts completely open to the public or whoever happens to be lurking around on the internet. On Facebook, you can do a privacy check-up - it lets you look at your account from a 'public' point of view. Not sure about other sites, although I'm sure they'd have similar privacy safeguards. It's amazing how much information you can glean from a complete stranger who doesn't take their privacy seriously. . . (haha, now I sound like a creepy social media stalker. Just making a point that you need to be safe these days. :) )

Never. Trust. The. Internet. Ever.
I'd follow U-122's advice to a tee. Also, might be a good idea never to give out your number unless it's someone you actually know and...want to get stalked by.

Just wanted to mention to make sure you have your privacy settings on any social media you use set up. It boggles my mind how many people essentially leave their social media accounts completely open to the public or whoever happens to be lurking around on the internet.
Yeah, it's fantastic. Lurking into other people's accounts is so much fun. It used to be better though. I get to feel like I know the person, their family, and all of their friends. It just gets a little awkward when I show up at their house and tell them that I picked up their son, Jayson or whatever, at soccer practice because I knew they were busy with the upcoming birthday party for Kenda. Ha! ha!

iu

Oh, BTW, I noticed that you have been parking your red sedan a little far from the side walk. You might want to do a better job because I noticed several cars almost ran into it. ;)

mental health condition complicates it because you don't want to destroy someone like that. just mention police first. if he doesn't stop, then get police involved but tell them you don't want to press charges, only talk to him to stop. if he stops, problem solved. if not, police know what to do. in usa 5 warning shots in the back or a knee to the neck and they stop lol
Yeah I don't want the police to scare him since I know he has mental health struggles, his last message actually says he will stop if I ask him to, ughhhh im scared to reply but oh well, I gonna play hard ball.

Not sure what to do about this fellow who keeps contacting you aside from blocking.

Just wanted to mention to make sure you have your privacy settings on any social media you use set up. It boggles my mind how many people essentially leave their social media accounts completely open to the public or whoever happens to be lurking around on the internet. On Facebook, you can do a privacy check-up - it lets you look at your account from a 'public' point of view. Not sure about other sites, although I'm sure they'd have similar privacy safeguards. It's amazing how much information you can glean from a complete stranger who doesn't take their privacy seriously. . . (haha, now I sound like a creepy social media stalker. Just making a point that you need to be safe these days. :) )
I have blocked so many numbers, this all seems crazy, but yeah I dont use social media at the moment so luckily its not a huge issue, im not sure if he found me through modelling portfolios or something.

Never. Trust. The. Internet. Ever.
I'd follow U-122's advice to a tee. Also, might be a good idea never to give out your number unless it's someone you actually know and...want to get stalked by.
Honestly we actually really got on before I gave my number, I cant understand how theres such a shift... now he seems absolutely crazy.

On yeah, I just needed to update my records. What's your address and phone number? No big deal everybody has already given me theirs. So, you can just personal message it to me. Thanks in advance for your cooperation. Ha! ha!

You can find anything you want on the internet. You just have to know where to look and/or be willing to pay money. If they have your name or any type of personal information about you, honeysuckle can be found. I've had online stalkers....close enough that they actually tried to find me. Thankfully, my address won't take you to my actual house. lol

You can find anything you want on the internet. You just have to know where to look and/or be willing to pay money. If they have your name or any type of personal information about you, honeysuckle can be found. I've had online stalkers....close enough that they actually tried to find me. Thankfully, my address won't take you to my actual house. lol
I don't know. I think I got really close because everything around me was on fire and the heat was super intense. I'm pretty sure I spotted your house about another 3000 feet below. But the flames kept me from getting any closer. Ha! ha!

Yeah, it's fantastic. Lurking into other people's accounts is so much fun. It used to be better though. I get to feel like I know the person, their family, and all of their friends. It just gets a little awkward when I show up at their house and tell them that I picked up their son, Jayson or whatever, at soccer practice because I knew they were busy with the upcoming birthday party for Kenda. Ha! ha!

iu
Heheheh. Funny, I just watched this movie. I may or may not have a secret side hobby of lurking into stranger's social media accounts. It's highly amusing what you can find out about people. :ROFLMAO::sneaky:

ughhh how creepyyyy, this is all freaking me out

Latest posts

Back