Struggling to approach women?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
30 years is crazy, but the problem for inexperienced men is that often our psychology remains "stuck" in our 20s and we *can't* see someone more age appropriate as an option. I've been to dating meetups with women who were the same or only a few years older and it felt like I was talking to one of my aunt's friends or a much older coworker. Tbh they looked a lot older than me as well. Clearly we were at different stages of life.
But in all honesty you don't see yourself as young as me?… its an interesting concept because I find guys like you go out your way to make anyone younger than you feel even younger, would you say thats true? Like you like to really point out that something in your teens happened before i was an embryo ? 😅 or am I projecting?

30 years is crazy, but the problem for inexperienced men is that often our psychology remains "stuck" in our 20s and we *can't* see someone more age appropriate as an option. I've been to dating meetups with women who were the same or only a few years older and it felt like I was talking to one of my aunt's friends or a much older coworker. Tbh they looked a lot older than me as well. Clearly we were at different stages of life.
I have a "match.com" profile that is good till April.
I checked it today and saw that a few women sent me a "like".
One of them was 9 years younger than me, and I swear she looked like she could be my mother.
So if 30+ years younger is crazy, just call me "Eddie"...

1677099950457.png

I find guys like you go out your way to make anyone younger than you feel even younger, would you say thats true?
Yep, we sure do!
See my above comment.
I bet even if you were from the US you would not remember that guy...he was...INSANE!!!

I've mulled over this for a while now and i have concluded i will always just be a woman's friend or best friend which is fine with me. I'm an overthinker and when i finally work something out or get told about something that's been nagging me for a long time it gives me great inner peace. I can talk to women easily, just before a woman on the street randomly talked to me about something that was going on (she was about the same age as me) and it didn't bother me. Rewind 12/13 years ago i'd have had skid marks from fear, but now and for a long time it hasn't been an issue with me. I'll happily talk to them now anyway as i know i'm king of the friend zone and what's the harm? I know nothing will happen anyway so it prevents a lot of aggravation and i know i'm a loser anyway so it won't bother me in that way either.

From what i have been told i am meant to be a very good catch. I am apparently funny, kind, caring, sweet and smart (i don't believe it) but i know for a fact i'm ugly as sin which i can't change and i've come to terms with that. I've also come to the conclusion i am probably not even a woman's 5 or 6th choice to go out with or be boyfriend material. That's just my 2 cents, it's just something i no longer worry about because i know it will never happen for me and i have made my peace with it :).

I've mulled over this for a while now and i have concluded i will always just be a woman's friend or best friend which is fine with me. I'm an overthinker and when i finally work something out or get told about something that's been nagging me for a long time it gives me great inner peace. I can talk to women easily, just before a woman on the street randomly talked to me about something that was going on (she was about the same age as me) and it didn't bother me. Rewind 12/13 years ago i'd have had skid marks from fear, but now and for a long time it hasn't been an issue with me. I'll happily talk to them now anyway as i know i'm king of the friend zone and what's the harm? I know nothing will happen anyway so it prevents a lot of aggravation and i know i'm a loser anyway so it won't bother me in that way either.

From what i have been told i am meant to be a very good catch. I am apparently funny, kind, caring, sweet and smart (i don't believe it) but i know for a fact i'm ugly as sin which i can't change and i've come to terms with that. I've also come to the conclusion i am probably not even a woman's 5 or 6th choice to go out with or be boyfriend material. That's just my 2 cents, it's just something i no longer worry about because i know it will never happen for me and i have made my peace with it :).
Be kind to yourself I dont believe anything you said here… like not one word, just have to be kinder to yourself I think 😇

My experience tells me that even if you have all these wonderful qualities, people are going to zero in on what you’re lacking and use that as a basis to reject you. At least that’s how people are in my neck of the woods. Despite all of this,I refuse to attempt to be something I’m not and I must tell myself I have to like myself and be confident in who I am. I know this can often be easier said than done. Never let someone else dictate how you’re going to feel about yourself even if that means you can’t get a date or make a friend. You have to look out for number first, always.

Latest posts

Back