Struggling to approach women?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But in all honesty you don't see yourself as young as me?… its an interesting concept because I find guys like you go out your way to make anyone younger than you feel even younger, would you say thats true? Like you like to really point out that something in your teens happened before i was an embryo ? 😅 or am I projecting?
I wouldn't be approaching anyone your age, but that's just us "processing" our age. It's hard to conceive of the fact that young adults weren't even born when Seinfeld or the first season of South Park were being aired.

Last edited:
I have a "match.com" profile that is good till April.
I checked it today and saw that a few women sent me a "like".
One of them was 9 years younger than me, and I swear she looked like she could be my mother.
So if 30+ years younger is crazy, just call me "Eddie"...

View attachment 6895
I get a similar feeling with women in their late 30s i.e. that they're much older than me.

And it makes sense. They've been through multiple relationships, had children usually, divorced.

I wouldn't be approaching anyone your age in the first place, but that's just us "processing" our age. It's hard to conceive of the fact that young adults weren't even born when Seinfeld or the first season of South Park were being aired.

That's crazy. I was in middle school when Seinfeld ended.

It is a bit wild to think that I was already out doing things, when some members of this forum weren't even alive yet. In the '90s I was reading Goosebumps, playing with Star Wars figures and toy cars, riding my bike and things like that. I was happy.

I mean, there were a few jerks to deal with back then too so it wasn't perfect, but overall it was nice.
I wish I could go back. I think I would pass on being an adult if I could just do my childhood over and over.

(sorry for the brief nostalgia segue, back to the topic then)

I think i am an old school romantic at heart and i was born at the wrong time. As i've grown up with FB, IG, Snapchat and all of that nonsense which is basically poison at this point. I'd happily use a time machine to go back to the late 70s early 80s to see what i could do and if i didn't get rejected i'd be fairly happy with that.

I think i am an old school romantic at heart and i was born at the wrong time. As i've grown up with FB, IG, Snapchat and all of that nonsense which is basically poison at this point. I'd happily use a time machine to go back to the late 70s early 80s to see what i could do and if i didn't get rejected i'd be fairly happy with that.
Oh...the 80s were not paradise my friend.
Not by a long shot.
In fact..if you weren't built like Hulk Hogan or Mr. Wonderful...it was hellish.
I thought the 90s would have been better for me to be a teen.
Skinny guys like Kurt Cobain did great in the 90s.

But, honestly it'd be better to go back a little further. I think the 60s would have been great.

I'm not sure what the UK was like in the 80s but I know America had drugs, AIDS/HIV (we obviously had that here too). So maybe being an average build I would have survived in the UK at my current size🤣. The 90s was all about raves and ecstasy

Last edited:

you wouldn't. People were a lot more aggressive, guys in particular. Today's tolerance - even the fake virtue signaling type, is better than that.

Well I know the 80s had drugs, AIDS/HIV due to the partying etc. I'd probably have to use a lot of steroids to survive and in the 90s I wouldn't have sucked off a shotgun barrel tbh.
Yeah poor Kurt.
Seemed to be on top of the world at the time.
I suppose that shotgun was preferable to whatever it was that Courtney was putting him through...

Yeah poor Kurt.
Seemed to be on top of the world at the time.
I suppose that shotgun was preferable to whatever it was that Courtney was putting him through...
Had to edit what I said in case you know someone had me banned for my dark humour. It was crazy though how he ended up doing that

you wouldn't. People were a lot more aggressive, guys in particular. Today's tolerance - even the fake virtue signaling type, is better than that.
Tbh that would have been fine with me. I'm quite hot headed and up for a scrap, so that wouldn't deter me.

In my diary post I've aired how I'd like to go out. Really stinks when you've literally got no way out and you really want one. This thread got off topic very fast🤣🤣🤣

I was reading an old thread on pickup here the other day, and some articles and reddit threads about it.

The feeling I get is, pickup is a scam because it just teaches you how to play mind games - it doesn't actually teach you how to be a man of value, how to be a man that any woman actually wants and doesn't have to be tricked into thinking they want you. There's no magic words, or clothes, or car, or anything superficial that will work - it seems you have to actually be a successful, interesting person. The only dating advice for men that seems to make any sense is "look good, smell good, be good at something, have cool stuff to talk about - then you can be confident because you know you have all that stuff going for you".

But it's hard to be interested in being a man of value when you don't think you can get good at anything. I guess that's the real question.

It's hard to be an interesting person when we have to spend so much of our lives on boring survival, which doesn't make you feel too cool either, so you don't feel like you're that great, and that just carries "boring" energy forward instead of the kind of energy you'd get if you were satisfied with your life because you're good at something you like.

Like what do you even talk about? "Hey, I do something I don't care about all day because I just need money. I don't even like anything anymore. I'm bad at everything, I don't have interests, and I feel dead inside. How are you?" Meanwhile some other guy is actually good at something cool. Who do you think a woman would rather talk to?

Some days I feel like I'd give my left nut for enough genetic talent to be good at something, especially something I like. This is a lot of what fills my hours. I wish I had a better answer.

Well...this somewhat optimistic topic went dark on a dime...😜
Maybe it's just me, but way more thought gets put into this than actually should be. I'm guilty of the same kind of over-analysing sometimes.
If you're a guy, like a girl, go talk to her. Ask her out. Worst case scenario, she'll say no. Yeah, rejection can sometimes be tough to deal with. But you deal with it. Just stay true to yourself, try again. As long as you aren't an excessive jerk about it, it'll eventually happen.
Of course, this is rather broad. But I've found it to be 99 times out of 100 to be a good approach to it.

Latest posts

Back