Suggestion for Health and Fitness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zibafu said:
lonelyfairy said:
Health is everything, I hope you guys never forget that! ^_^

no no no no money is everything remember

this is why we spend our youth wasting our health chasing wealth, then spend our old age using that wealth to regain our health

/human logic :club:

I really love that quote/saying Zib. Very enlighten and profound!

zibafu said:
lonelyfairy said:
Health is everything, I hope you guys never forget that! ^_^

no no no no money is everything remember

this is why we spend our youth wasting our health chasing wealth, then spend our old age using that wealth to regain our health

/human logic :club:

Oh yeah... I forgot that! Thanks for reminding me, lol. This whole world just spins around money. And even if someone would have got all the money he/she wants but after losing the health, nothing guarantees, even the money that the person could get the health back. You can't buy health... Yet. .__.

I am about 5'5 and about 200, not sure if it's less or not because it's been a while since i weighed myself. However, i have found that drinking lots of water (using a 32oz gatorade bottle) really does help me. I bring that bottle to work with me and fill it up several times a day. I try to eat salads for lunch or whenever i can. At first they were not so great, but i find when i add sunflower seeds, a bit of shredded cheese, chopped ham (packet you can buy at the grocery store), grape tomatoes, then it will taste very well.

I usually add pieces of egg when i would be home, need to do that, it really makes it good, not so bland like i thought. Plus, since i have been over here i have been trying to go for 2.5 mile walks, although the cool weather here in South Dakota is limiting that but going to try. I have noticed that my pants are getting looser :)

So if you have not really liked salads, try that as you might like it. :)

I started a thread under Video Games that might be useful here too. There's a GPS game you play on your phone called Ingress. I've seen a few people shed impressive amounts of weight from the amount of walking they do through the game. Added to that, there's a very social element to the game and huge active communities around it. Ingress - The Social Computer Game

Basically, you go places to find portals and the weight loosing goes like this:

Yes! A portal (walk 100m)
Oh. That one is only 50m away (walk 50m)
And there's two just 80m away (walk 80m)
If I went back to that last portal and got a key from it I could make a field (walk 80m)
I didn't see that one before (walk 120m)

Before you know it you've walked 430m. And you lose time in the same quantities, but we'll gloss over that for now.

just simple!!

go to gym. enroll. then! ask trainer!

and dont think too much!

sweat! moan! only such things take u to goal!

I've started eating low carb, high fat and it is miraculous! After years of calorie counting and doing practically every diet under the sun and struggling with them (and consequently being miserable all the time), I've now got to the lowest weight I have been in 10 years, and I did that within 3 months of starting LCHF.

I'm so motivated now and exercising every other day and actually enjoying it!

It's the best thing I have ever tried and I will probably stick with it as a lifestyle choice because I feel so much better after ditching processed food. I've had a couple of slip ups and gone and bought a packet of cookies or a chocolate bar and felt really bad after eating them. Physically bad, not just 'oh no, I shouldn't have eaten that' kind of bad.

I would recommend LCHF to anyone wanting to lose weight or even just improve their health as it has so many positives as a style of eating.

To anyone SERIOUSLY wanting to lose weight, the key is to eat and train to a standard that is sustainable. For instance, you aint gonna eat salad and drink those messed up veggie shakes for the rest of your life, you're gonna cave in. Sounds so simple but count calories, losing weight is maths. a pound of fat is 3500 calories. if you're eating 500 calories less than your body needs every day you're going to lose a pound per week. 1000 per day = 2 pounds etc..

So fit that 400 calorie mr whippy in and enjoy the honeysuckle out of it. You can eat ANYTHING you want I'm talking cake, pizza, sweet sweet fried chicken. Just make sure you're getting a good amount of protein in and you don't abuse this system too much for health reasons. use one of these websites to calculate how much energy your body needs to mantain your weight then just reduce that number by 500.

Remember, this is a lifestyle change not a fad. Make this change and you will be in shape for the rest of your life! (all of this information is given assuming that you are training at least 3 times a week, make sure you're squatting, benching(or pushups) and doing pull-ups at the very least)

Just my two cents from own experience + other knowledgeable people :)

Going to gym costs money. Walking up and down stairs costs nothing at all, but increases cardiovascular fitness. Try not to eat fatty food and avoid sodas. The occasional glass of Coke is nice on a hot summer's day though. I like milk providing it's cold straight from the fridge. It contains vitamins and calcium, good for growing girls like me.

OnlyChris said:
To anyone SERIOUSLY wanting to lose weight, the key is to eat and train to a standard that is sustainable. For instance, you aint gonna eat salad and drink those messed up veggie shakes for the rest of your life, you're gonna cave in.

Your are actually correct. After many many many diets I have come to this conclusion. I just had my metabolism measured professionally (breathing into the tubes). My RMR is 1200. My BMR is 1500 and, if I do exercise per day I probably can get it up to about 1700.

This is actually sort of horrible because I weight a lot. However, the diet plan I am doing (medically supervised) will retest in a few months to see if the above was wrong or, if it does go down due to dieting. They have already suggested two things to get my metabolism up... weight lifting and water consumption. I suspect that cardio could do that too via O2. Someone once suggested to me that water works because you are actually ingesting Oxygen which increases your metabolism.

For health I want everyone to right now to do three things.

Make sure you have enough Vitamin D, Magnesium, and K2.

(1) Vitamin D has been proven to help many cancers -- many of the negative studies are flawed.
(2) I once heard a theory about Magnesium. The ONLY thing in you that is both a muscle and an organ is your heart. When you have a heart attack the first thing any hospital does is give you Magnesium. The theory of heart disease goes like this... your heart is a muscle, if it doesn't get magnesium, it starts dying (or struggling), and gets hard. Cells die at increased rates and slough off into the arteries near the heart. This clogs them and also, sends sloughing cells into area's in the body they aren't supposed to be (such as the brain) -- but did you ever notice that you don't get clogged arteries in your legs? You don't get them in your arms? BECAUSE... the thing that is clogging them is your heart. To me this makes so much sense! It was proposed by a Brazilian doctor so of course, ignored.
(3) K2 keeps calcium from getting into your cholesterol and hardening it with inflammation. What food has a ton of K2? Butter. Of course. But I take in drops. There are many studies that show that increased calcium consumption puts you at risk of heart attack. Cause the calcium isn't getting into your bones. It is getting into your arteries / cholesterol.

Your legs when you decide to go for a run for the first time in a couple of months :p:p

[video=youtube]

Oh and tip of the day for anyone joining us fitness fanatics

A rocky montage will motivate anyone ;)

[video=youtube]

I've recently bought an axe and am chopping down small dead trees in the forested area of my yard. Burns 350 calories an hour. Good workout.

Also pushing a mower offers about 150 calories burnt in an hour. Recently walked 18 miles doing that since I have a larger yard than is reccomended for the push mower. Got blisters on my feet doing it too.

HoodedMonk said:
I've recently bought an axe and am chopping down small dead trees in the forested area of my yard. Burns 350 calories an hour. Good workout.

Also pushing a mower offers about 150 calories burnt in an hour. Recently walked 18 miles doing that since I have a larger yard than is reccomended for the push mower. Got blisters on my feet doing it too.

The whole scope of Health and Fitness NEEDS a separate section in the forum. It's just too much to try and encompass into one thread without it feeling crammed and rushed like somebody was doing a last minute 10-page research paper.

Lucent Shadow said:
HoodedMonk said:

The whole scope of Health and Fitness NEEDS a separate section in the forum. It's just too much to try and encompass into one thread without it feeling crammed and rushed like somebody was doing a last minute 10-page research paper.

There would have to be a lot of threads on this topic to justify making a subforum for it IMO.

HoodedMonk said:
Lucent Shadow said:
HoodedMonk said:

There would have to be a lot of threads on this topic to justify making a subforum for it IMO.

Then I shall make the threads!!

Lucent Shadow said:
HoodedMonk said:
Lucent Shadow said:
HoodedMonk said:

That's thread inflation! :club:

HoodedMonk said:
Lucent Shadow said:
HoodedMonk said:
Lucent Shadow said:
HoodedMonk said:

I have no idea what that means!! :p

Lucent Shadow said:
HoodedMonk said:
Lucent Shadow said:
HoodedMonk said:
Lucent Shadow said:

You're like Ted Cruz that bought bulk orders of his own book in order to inflate his sell numbers and get onto the NYT Best Selling list!

D:

HoodedMonk said:
Lucent Shadow said:
HoodedMonk said:
Lucent Shadow said:
HoodedMonk said:

You're like Ted Cruz that bought bulk orders of his own book in order to inflate his sell numbers and get onto the NYT Best Selling list!

D:

Oops,

Despicable Me :cool:

Latest posts

Back