• Please register and login and join us. Registered members may block ads while they are logged in.

Suggestion for Health and Fitness

Help Support A LonelyLife forum:

zibafu

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 13, 2014
Messages
551
Reaction score
0
Location
Greater Manchester United kingdom
This is a pretty decent routine Ive been following lately, I am fairly out of shape these days, compared at least to what I used to be like so been putting my 20kg kettle to work with this routine.

Dont like the shoulder halo though since circling a 20kg kettlebell above the head is pretty scary haha

https://www.onnit.com/academy/full-body-kettlebell-workout-for-beginners/

I did add some exercises to it - bench press with kettlebell, max rep pullups, max rep ab wheel rollouts, and 5 minutes of fast paced jump rope

Whole thing takes 20-30 minutes and can be done at home, then Ive been do 30 minutes of intense stretching afterwards
 

ladyforsaken

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 8, 2012
Messages
23,181
Reaction score
42
Location
ALL
zibafu said:
ladyforsaken said:
^I'm tempted to do those and see where I'd be done lol.

haha try it :)

Lol wasn't as easy. I did get through that first set, I broke sometime through the 2nd set. Gonna try to keep at it cos it's challenging me to want to complete the whole thing without stopping lol.
 

zibafu

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 13, 2014
Messages
551
Reaction score
0
Location
Greater Manchester United kingdom
I was at my martial arts class yesterday, spotted one of those wooden gym benches you see in high schools

Decided to see if I could still do the dragon flag, been like 3 years since Ive tried to do it.

I can :eek: somehow better than i could when I was training them :eek:

Pretty happy haha, couple of others tried it and couldnt get close
 

Silence Is Deafening

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 29, 2017
Messages
58
Reaction score
2
I didn't want to read the 23 pages so I'm sorry if this has already been suggested, BUT:

http://hasfit.com


This place is da bomb! Heart and Soul! The guy (Coach Joseph Kozak!) is so damned chilled. He's a fantastic motivator. You listen to what he's saying. He's so motivational - the real deal. Its compltely free (I think the app is £1.69 or something, and its worth every penny.)

The real beauty of it is, its an all in one package. Nothing through the post, the guy genuinely wants to reach out and wants to make people around the world fitter in body and mind.

There are various programs. Got an injury and want to ease back into fitness or you're an absolute newcomer to it (like me, at the age of 33) then hit the beginners course. Its there simply to condition your body for 30 day challenge course which is obviously harder. Then there's a 90 day Warrior cause which targets muscle gain. Then there's stuff like a Spartan course or something, which probably has you doing pull ups with your toes, and a Jason Strathom one which probably involves doing push ups with your d*ck!

Point is, there's plenty of courses no matter what your physique is. He pushes you but doesn't want to break you. He often says, "drop out if you need to, not if you want to" during the exercises.

Best part is, there's a a dietary guide for YOUR motives behind the course. For example, for losing weight he suggests one diet, for muscle gain hes got another guide. He won't give you a list of what to eat, but he'll give you a selection of examples, and recommends your protein and carb intake. He approaches the fitness from a very scientific angle and its as awesome as it is refreshing.

For those who are still a bit weary of it, he breaks you in real gently. I didn't think much of it when i started... First session was only five minutes. The second was ten (this is beginner course btw) but it is just to break your body into it gently.

Also, very rarely do you need equipment. I bought some dumbells but more often than not, certainly for the fat-burning workouts, you anything in your hands will do. Its just to create some resistance so he suggests tinned food etc... 

Please, if you're want to tackle problems of self-esteem or confidence and look at fitness as a means to do so, this guy is definitely worth a look. I promise. Mentally I feel much better than I have done for a long time, and I think this has a lot to do with it, and I'm still going through the beginners course, but I did spend a few days sampling the various courses before deciding I just wanted to start from the very bottom and work my way up.

Oh, and so far, for the beginner (and probably the challenge!) you don't even need to leave your home, so if your gym-shy like me, don't worry about it. Just be careful hopping about if you got people living below, but that's not as difficult as it sounds... thus far anyway...

Here's a sample of the Beginners Programme. i want to lose some weight first. Then I'm going to do the 30 day challenge on a weight loss diet, then considering doing it again for a muscle gain diet, but i'm not all that fussed about getting ripped. Would just ben nice to see where I'm aiming :)
 

Attachments

  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 3
J

Joturbo

Guest
I know stating the obvious but gym membership £25 a month has helped me in so many ways.
 
A

AmyTheTemperamental

Guest
I am starting (again) with the water (half your body weight in ounces thing) tomorrow. Liquid calories are my weakness.
 
J

Jessicat

Guest
I need to try and put on some weight. 
Recently lost 3 kg on top of the 2 before. 
Going to see my doctor lady next Monday and I know she’s going to be a total bitch about it.
When I’m low I tend to stop eating. 
So. More calories and more.. ehh.. sleep?
Damn, wish I could sleep.
 

Serenity1

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 1, 2018
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Jessicat said:
I need to try and put on some weight. 
Recently lost 3 kg on top of the 2 before. 
Going to see my doctor lady next Monday and I know she’s going to be a total bitch about it.
When I’m low I tend to stop eating. 
So. More calories and more.. ehh.. sleep?
Damn, wish I could sleep.

same!! 
Its not easy to eat, I need to make that a habit lol especially when I feel down. Also with sleep.
I want to also do more ballet workouts, its super easy and the results are fast :)
I can literlaly cry how much fun about ballet all day :D
 
J

Jessicat

Guest
Serenity1 said:
Jessicat said:
I need to try and put on some weight. 
Recently lost 3 kg on top of the 2 before. 
Going to see my doctor lady next Monday and I know she’s going to be a total bitch about it.
When I’m low I tend to stop eating. 
So. More calories and more.. ehh.. sleep?
Damn, wish I could sleep.

same!! 
Its not easy to eat, I need to make that a habit lol especially when I feel down. Also with sleep.
I want to also do more ballet workouts, its super easy and the results are fast :)
I can literlaly cry how much fun about ballet all day :D

Then we should do some pirouettes together ehh? 🌈 sounds like fun. I’ve never tried.
Hope it gets easier for you one day. 
Some days I just forget to eat enough, others I’m to low to bother. 
Sleeping less and less makes it even harder. 
Think the one thing that made me change attitude towards this was that I’m gonna loose my ass and boobs if I keep this up. Maybe it sounds shallow but.. it’s the truth.
 

BadGuy

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 23, 2015
Messages
3,839
Reaction score
1
AmyTheTemperamental said:
^I can lend you some of mine. Especially the boob part.

If you going to share them Amy we will need pics LOL
 

Serenity1

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 1, 2018
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Jessicat said:
Serenity1 said:
Jessicat said:
I need to try and put on some weight. 
Recently lost 3 kg on top of the 2 before. 
Going to see my doctor lady next Monday and I know she’s going to be a total bitch about it.
When I’m low I tend to stop eating. 
So. More calories and more.. ehh.. sleep?
Damn, wish I could sleep.

same!! 
Its not easy to eat, I need to make that a habit lol especially when I feel down. Also with sleep.
I want to also do more ballet workouts, its super easy and the results are fast :)
I can literlaly cry how much fun about ballet all day :D

Then we should do some pirouettes together ehh? 🌈 sounds like fun. I’ve never tried.
Hope it gets easier for you one day. 
Some days I just forget to eat enough, others I’m to low to bother. 
Sleeping less and less makes it even harder. 
Think the one thing that made me change attitude towards this was that I’m gonna loose my ass and boobs if I keep this up. Maybe it sounds shallow but.. it’s the truth.

Lol I understand..its true  :D  but I think to just maintain a healthy weight and healthy eating habit matters most as well. Ultimately our bodies will eventually succumb to the crinkling of age LOL.. In a good way of course when we take care of ourselves throughout life. I do have beauty standards as well, like once I an old lady I want to be like Cinderellas fairy godmother to the whole world. Bippity boppity boo style XD
Yes me too! I forget to eat sometimes until my stomach groans (speaks to me :p ) but today I managed to keep food down and eat a little more!!!
 

Latest posts

Top