Suggestion for Health and Fitness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't go by weight, go by you body fat percentage, if you do weights and cardio in combination with a healthy diet you will see your weight stays the same but you will shift from fat to muscle, my weight has remained constant for 3 yeARS, admittedly i am only just turning 19 next week......

edgecrusher said:
a year ago i swore off fast food and soda and mostly fried food in general. i lost 30 lbs in that year but i have stopped right where im at and have been there for quite some time now. what else can i do with my eating habits to continue to lose more weight? i want to lose like 30 more lbs and ill be right about where im supposed to be in weight.

i lost a lot of weight doing the south beach diet. it was a really good diet because it teaches you how to eat right, not just diet. it was the first time in my life that i didnt crave any junk food. there was candy sitting around and i didnt even want it. the only downside is the recipes can be pretty expensive and it required a lot of preparation/cooking. you have to make six meals a day. it can become a bit much.

I Never changed my diet, I just started using the elliptical for 40 mins five days a week. the results? AMAZING slowly I wanted to work out more as I had more energy, and my diet was changing on its own as I realized what life was like without that bloated feeling. I went from 210 to my current weight of 184 in about a year, slow yes but doable? very. If you "diet" you'll fail because it's seen as temporary. Why do you think there's so many diet pills, because diet will fail, it's not a life style change. You don't buy the product anymore if your thin. I can now lift twice as much as when i started and my resistance on the elliptical has gone up considerably. I go directly after work as if it's part of my job, thus fitting in my lifestyle. Also I never looked at the scale in months, I judged by how I felt, This helps too. If you feel good I don't need a scale to confirm that I'm doing good I'll let my body tell me.

I admit I didn't read the previous posts at all but I'm going to give my few words anyway.
"We are not what we want to be but what we need to be."
Some six years ago I started to have some physical activity through hobbies and at the same time I consciously decided to start dropping my weight. It was well in place as my weight had been building up thanks to an ignorant attitude towards my eating routine and overall physical condition. I was really fed up (pun intended) with my diet and, to cure the problem, I simply changed it. Combined with the small amounts of workout I got a body fully capable of what I wanted it to be: swift running, climbing, jumping, walking, fighting, throwing, all of that stuff. Now, this is nothing new to anyone. Everyone knows, or at least should know, that diet and physical work are the two factors that ultimately shape the body. Anyhow now I see this change in lifestyle taught me a lot. Basically, when I wanted for more of myself, I asked more of myself. By simplifying/decreasing external resources I demanded my internal system to produce more effort. All one really ever needed was a will and a reason, whatever the goal (be it physical or not). "We are what we repeatedly do." -Aristotle

To this day, this method has helped me in developing not only my body, but also my mental condition, social skills and even spiritual life/faith (=overall health). "Less is more", as they say. And to those who are afraid they weigh too much: don't. Weight is really nothing. It's not about how much you weigh but how you look, now is it. For example, I myself am close to being overweight medically speaking, but with honesty I can say it is merely because of a strong frame.

To anyone who likes running and stats you should check out http://www.dailymile.com/. I've been using it since the beginning of May and its pretty pretty good. Especially the community. Very nice and supportive people. You can also add different workouts besides running as well.

The suggestions which I want to add for healthy lifestyle are:
Daily exercises especially yoga
Avoidance of addiction
Enough Sleep
Nutritious Food

I can't offer much on hard exercise or healthy eating, but one way I'm trying to keep up my fitness (as well as just improving my stamina) is simply by walking.

Recently I've been getting up every morning and walking several miles a day at a good pace and it makes me feel great, while not the most rewarding or successful method to lose weight it's certainly the most easy.

I highly recommend it to any person of any fitness level because anyone can get up and start walking and it's the most simplest form of exercise.

Luna said:

Unfortunately, due to the recent technical issues with the forum, we can't create new forum areas at the moment. So, I will "stick" the thread in the top of the "General" section of the forum so everyone will see it. It's the best we can do at the moment.

Suggestion for Health and Fitness

How about it?

It'd be great to have a forum to chat with others and share advice for weight loss tips, weight management, eating healthier, fitness etc.

After gaining a lot of weight from overeating because of loneliness three years ago, I have since lost the weight, and what really inspired me was hearing others' stories and sharing my own experiences on weight loss forums etc.

I'm not too sure what the proper terminology is...if it's forum/ board/ section etc. But I think you get the point...=P

The best way to fitness is to rule out fastfood all together then just normal activity i had a pretty round belly after being lazy with my eating but after ruling out fastfood and a few games of tennis here and there its not so bad now

Here is an aidea that I've always had about quitting smoking. What you do is:

(1) Throw all cigarettes in your possession away. From your house, car, desk at work, gone.
(2) Do not ask anyone else for a cigarette.
(3) Do not physically drive to the gas station or any other store and buy cigarettes.

Doing this removes all cigarettes from your life, and as long as you physically do not get up and drive somewhere to buy them, or ask other people for them, than you won't have any cigarettes to smoke, and will therefore eventually lose the urge to smoke them.

I have never been addicted to cigarettes, so cannot testify as to the legitimacy of this, but it should- SHOULD- work :D

Guess this has to do with skin health:

I'm not overweight, so for me, excess sugar seems to only adversely effect my skin. (acne) A friend denied it saying acne is due to hormones. Seems there's of conflicting info about what causes acne. Observing my own body, I think it's sugar.

A while back, I figured that maybe eliminating consumption of very sweet things would be helpful. What I mean is VERY sweet things consumed at least once daily. Instead, it might be better to consume things that are mildly sweet.

I'm a tea drinker. I always drink tea instead of soda. At home or in a restaurant, I drink half-sweet, unsweet, or unsweet with lemon. It's a bit of an acquired taste but still refreshing.

If there happens to be a big cake in the kitchen or a big batch of pastries and I find myself eating some of that daily, that's when an under-the-skin pimples develop and morph into surface ones. But then ease up on the sweets, and more of the "unsweet" and the acne soon dissipates.

Bitter gourd apparently is a home remedy for acne. I'm guessing that drinking bitter tea creates the same kind of effect, as I'm sure anything bitter will cancel out any excess sweetness in your body.

I am really appreciated to share the valuable suggestion for health and to maintain the health. Well, I prefer heavy weight lifting everyday. Another thing is that it is helpful to absorb the fat and maintain the physics. Also I prefer to follow diet program regularly to maintain the balance of the nutrition in the body.

Here's something that helped me!

Cut out as many calories that you drink as possible. Drinks don't satisfy your hunger, but those calories stick around. If you can switch all of your drinks to 0 calorie, you might lose 10-15 pounds just from that. :)

I went from 230 to about 155-160 in about a year. AND, I did it without joining a gym.

There is not magic formula (at least I didn't find one). I went for jogs regularly, at least 4-5 times a week just around the block a few times. Why pay to go to the gym and use a treadmill when you're already paying taxes to pay for sidewalks :p. Push ups/sit ups/curls/pull-ups/leg raises are all things you can do at home for the price of a few months membership at the gym (I bought a pull-up bar for 35 bucks and a weight set for 40 bucks). Granted I'm not ripped like Arnie, but definitely more toned. I'll worry about getting ripped once the fat is gone.

You also have to diet, for me I was a horrible eater. Fast food/potato chips/frozen dinners, you name it. You have to give that crap the heave-ho! Gotta give up soft drinks too. I know what you're thinking...ooh great...a diet where you eat all salads and soy paper etc. Not true (at least in my case). I saw losing weight as a great opportunity to learn my way around the kitchen. You'd be amazed at how many calories you can avoid if you shop out of the produce section instead of the frozen food/processed section. Cook your own burgers out of lean ground beef, it's better for you, tastes better and is CHEAPER. WIN WIN WIN.

And don't let someone tell you that it's okay to submit to a craving once in a while. I'm not saying I don't do it :p, but the truth is it kinda throws a monkey wrench into the diet, and you're going to have to burn it off at some point with exercise.

Hi all,

I want to share a free home bodybuilding workshop that I have been using and have gotten great results from. The workshop is run by an amateur bodybuilder and all the info and plans are free. It contains excellent tools and workouts for those who wish to gain muscle or lose fat.

There are many comprehensive videos providing nutritional advice and exercise techniques. The site has been so helpful and invaluable for me I just want to let the community here know about it.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/index.htm

Now a maintain health and fitness is so demand and difficult also for busy life. Thanks for very good info on health and fitness one can easily maintain by following you.

MonaVie

I'm on a fruit and fish diet at the moment. have lost 10lbs in week 1 and I'm never hungry. The first 3-4 day you detox and feel like crap after that you feel pretty good Everybody says exercise is importen but what if you can't do most exercise. I have really bad knee and hip problems.

^^^There is always some kind of exercise available, even to those with disabilities or physical limitations.

The point is to build up a sweat and to exert yourself. If you can find SOME WAY, ANY WAY to do that, then it counts as exercise, because you'll be burning calories and building resistance. Eventually you'll find yourself more and more able to do those things that you couldn't before.

Sure, there are limits. But like I said...

EXERT YOURSELF HOWEVER YOU CAN.

You'll love the results. :)

Latest posts

Back