Suggestion for Health and Fitness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been waiting to eat my first meal until around 11:30am. And I've been making that first meal the tastiest, best seasoned meal of the day. It's helped a lot to keep my calorie intake in range.

This morning, I did some interval running for 20 minutes. That was actually quite fun!

Water, coffee, and maybe a little bone broth to quell stomach discomfort. When I fast I get an acidic feeling in the pit of my stomach, and bone broth helps to sooth it. But mostly water (with salt and potassium).
How is it going?

Dancing. You don't need to breakdance or do ballet. Just move to the music, who knows you might invent a new type of dance.

I'm trying to get in the habit of doing the morning exercise known in Japan as "ラジオ体操" or "Rajio taisho" or "Radio Calisthenics." It provides just enough endurance to get the blood flowing without becoming exhausting. Supposedly it stretches all of the main muscle groups and once level 1 becomes effortless, level 2 adds on a few more layers. I have not graduated to level 2 yet.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=feSVtC1BSeQ

I never eat after 7pm (19.00). I do strength training and cycle short distances. I try to avoid meat and not overdo it on the dairy (not going that well lately).

I used to feel a bit of shame for having to modify some exercises, but no more. It goes so much better when I stick to my needs based on where I'm at, rather than where I wish I was. It's all progress.

I think that's a good thought, and that it's better to modify the exercises to keep your chain of workout days going, than to not do the exercises at all.

Now I wish it would just warm up so I can get back out there again!

There is a Japanese rule to only eat until you're 80% full. I'm not exactly sure where 80% sits, but I try my best.

They also teach their children to eat 100 different foods a week. They are serious about nutritional variety. I think I have trouble eating more than 20.

Apart from that, I try to eat avocados, kalamata olives, nuts and of course bananas for snacks. Otherwise I eat junk.

I used to feel a bit of shame for having to modify some exercises, but no more. It goes so much better when I stick to my needs based on where I'm at, rather than where I wish I was. It's all progress.
I recently started weight lifting in the gym again and I look around at the young people lifting SO heavy and squatting SO heavy... just like I used to and I want to tell them, "At 50, your knees and shoulders will HATE you. Please slow down." LOLOL
They also teach their children to eat 100 different foods a week. They are serious about nutritional variety. I think I have trouble eating more than 20.
They also walk and bike A LOT. I spent 10 days over there when my mom was stationed there for 4 years. She lost a ton of weight just walking everywhere. And they have BIKE lots outside of major places like we have car lots.

I've been alone for 3 years now and responsible for my own diet without anybody else's comments or criticisms.

Breakfast is a thick slurry of beetroot powder, ground hemp seed and oat bran with enough water to make it drinkable....kind of like a milkshake. Along with an avocado and 2 hard boiled eggs......pasture raised organic eggs. Oh yeah, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil too.

Lunch is a vegetable bowl (broccoli, red cabbage, celery, carrots and spinach and/or kale......all organic) Also a thick multi bean soup with homemade cornbread. I finish up with a berry bowl....blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. I buy the 3 pound bags of frozen berries at WalMart.
Every week I vary the bean soup part for a few days with whole grain brown & red rice and a can of sardines in olive oil.

Dinner is an apple and about 1/4 cup.....probably more than that....of either walnuts, almonds or sunflower seeds....or all three. I don't buy organic apples.....they're too small and the conventional, pesticide sprayed apples are tastier.
At night in bed with a book I eat a 4.4 oz bar of Swiss chocolate.

My doctor approves but I'm wondering if I shouldn't be eating the same things every day and every day. If there was someone else around here with me I might get more creative with my cuisine. But could anyone else accept the kind of diet I just described?

I have an exercise routine too.

I do cycling to work and turbo trainer and a bit of walking.Don't own a car.
Doctor said my blood pressure is fine today.Hadn't heard that before ever apart from the last few years.
I said I stopped boozing over five years ago.It was doing my head in.

Green tea is supposed to be really good for you. The Japanese drink loads of green tea and that probably plays a big part in why they live so long, in my opinion. Also, sage is good for your memory.

Fizzy drinks are supposed to be really bad for you. Coca-cola to this day uses Coca leaves (that's where they get cocaine from) they just take one of the molecules out of the Coca plant and then according to the Law its okay to sell. Coca cola has a plant in America where they process the coca leaves to put in the drink.

Anybody got any mantras or ways to help focusing on your diet and exercise routines?
Once I get going, it's fine. But I get thrown off easily by discouraging and manipulative others who twist the knife and pile on extra responsibilities. 😔

Latest posts

Back